Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is Digimon worth watching or it's too kiddy like Pokemon?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
When I was in elementary school I loved Digimon, I watched the 1st and 2nd season and I had episodes recorded on VHS, good old times tbh. I've found a blog where they have all seasons in good quality and with the Spanish dub I grew up with so I thought in watching the 1st season, there's too many of them and the 1st is the one I remember the most so to start just that.

But it's the show good or when you grow up you find it too kiddy to be enjoyable? I always remembered that Digimon story was much better than Pokemon and much less repetitive but it's still an anime for kids so I dunno if it's worth watching being a 20+ incel kek. They say that season 1 is good, season 2 is bad (despite I liked it when I was a kid) and season 3 is the best and the most obscure or with more mature themes. For the other seasons I haven't read anything.

When I was in elementary school I loved Digimon, I watched the 1st and 2nd season and I had episodes recorded on VHS, good old times tbh. I've found a blog where they have all seasons in good quality and with the Spanish dub I grew up with so I thought in watching the 1st season, there's too many of them and the 1st is the one I remember the most so to start just that. But it's the show good or when you grow up you find it too kiddy to be enjoyable? I always remembered that Digimon story was much better than Pokemon and much less repetitive but it's still an anime for kids so I dunno if it's worth watching being a 20+ incel kek.
og is based never watched new ones

Digimon is gigabased anything else is shit. Pokemon is just a retarded ripoff off Digimon. Digimon is the real deal. Wargraymon moggs everything in any anime into oblivion.

264e7393d129471a73a746cf6141b41a.jpg

SUCK WARGRAYMON'S BALLS!!!!

I liked the opening when i was a kid. Also the rivalry between MC and grey haired edgy emo boy.

i watched Digimon Frontier and it was decent but not mindblowing

B
Digimon is gigabased anything else is shit. Pokemon is just a retarded ripoff off Digimon. Digimon is the real deal. Wargraymon moggs everything in any anime into oblivion.

ased. Digimon has more blackpill and better stories than cuckemon

I only watched a few episodes as a kid but don’t remember what happened

I think you should, it gets kind of boring in some episodes but it has a deeper story then soyboymon. I like Digimon frontier, that was when I realized I liked jailbait tbh.

Digimon is serious shit. They've got more real world relatable plots than Pokemon. 1st 3 seasons were my fave.

But it's the show good or when you grow up you find it too kiddy to be enjoyable? I always remembered that Digimon story was much better than Pokemon and much less repetitive but it's still an anime for kids
Pretty much anything you rewatch (regardless of who it's aimed at) is going to be less exciting the second time around, unless you didn't finish it and are getting some new content.

As you get exposed to cutting-edge animation techniques and more complex stories then obvious stuff like this will feel different, so it's a question of how adaptable you are to different formats.

Like I can still go back in time and watch stuff from the 80s/90s despite it having a different feel, but aesthetics differ.

Digimon and Pokemon and YGO are on my list but I really haven't felt the need to prioritize them.

If you are going to watch I'd say seek out raw jap audio with english subtitles, that way you're getting something new even if you're rewatching an ep.

Like if I were to marathon MLP again some day I'd probably watch that Japanese dub of it with subtitles to see if they changed stuff.
Digimon is serious shit. They've got more real world relatable plots than Pokemon. 1st 3 seasons were my fave.
I can't relate to these Chads at all TBH they lifemog the hell out of me in so many ways

Last edited:
OG digimon rocks. Its far more complex and deep than pokemon. And infinitely more watchable. Having said that its still a kid show. I too only watched the first 2 seasons and absolutely love them.

FUUUUUUCKKKK YEAAAAAAAAAHHHH
ONE OF THE COOLEST ANIME CHARACTERS IN EXISTENCE. Gigabased taste. I still rember when Agumon digivolved with braveheart playing in the background
B

ased. Digimon has more blackpill and better stories than cuckemon
I didn't expect to relate so hard when one of the original characters in season 1 fell to depression

Last edited:
Angelwomon does things to my benis.

Well if any Digimoncels are still interested I just finished it, much better than expected tbh :feelsokman: My review has slight spoilers so be warned:

In the begining I was skeptical because the first saga is quite weak, all episodes felt very generic like "they are exploring the island, new evil Digimon appears, one of the main characters digievolves, they win and the bad guy turns good". The Etemon saga even if he's the worst villain of the series is much better because the plot finally thickens and episodes aren't so generic, like episodes aren't so independent anymore. And after the Etemon saga the series is really great, no wonder everyone prefered this show over Pokemon, it has better fights, better plot and even better characters with more personality and character development kek. I think I'm gonna give it a 7/10 or an 8/10, if you didn't watch it as a kid maybe you don't like it so much but if you did I think it holds very well and is very enjoyable.

I'm taking a small break to watch another series and then I'll watch season 2, which I heard is much worse but I watched it when I was in elementary too so there's still some nostalgia.

I remember I liked a lot the first and the third Digimon season when I was a kid, the second kinda sucked. I don't know about the others.

I remember I liked a lot the first and the third Digimon season when I was a kid, the second kinda sucked. I don't know about the others.
The third is usually the fan favorite but I never watched it as a kid. In some days I'll see if the second season is really that bad (read it has many plotholes) and if I want more I'll watch the third. Regarding the others I watched a youtube video of a guy who says that season 4 is bad because it's too kiddy, kinda like Power Rangers (kek) and that the 5th season it's so awful it almost wasn't released outside Japan due to poor reviews. But he says that the reboot of Digimon Adventure is good.

The third is usually the fan favorite but I never watched it as a kid. In some days I'll see if the second season is really that bad (read it has many plotholes) and if I want more I'll watch the third. Regarding the others I watched a youtube video of a guy who says that season 4 is bad because it's too kiddy, kinda like Power Rangers (kek) and that the 5th season it's so awful it almost wasn't released outside Japan due to poor reviews. But he says that the reboot of Digimon Adventure is good.
However I suggest you to check the third season, I remember it as quite mature themed so maybe also an adult who's into anime can enjoy it :feelsokman:

Beyblade is better. I mean, Moses parted the Red Sea with a toy, fucking badass.

I finished watching season 2 expecting it to be much worse but tbh I liked it, sure it wasn't as good as the first one but the animation style is the same, many of the characters appear again and the new Digimon are also cool. The story has some good parts and bad parts so it's much more irregular than the first season, because in Adventure 01 the first two arcs were kinda meh but after it was great, while Adventure 02 has good and bad moments in between all time. Also it's true there are some important plot holes. But overall I really enjoyed it and it was really great to see the true ending of the original Digimon kids, last episode was pretty emotional tbh :feelsokman: Like the last time I'm taking a small break and then watch Digimon Tamers, which will be a completely new experience because I've never watched a single episode of that one :feelsLSD:

Worth it if you're a kid

Only digimon tamers.

It's kiddy like Pokémon. I recommend the Pokémon Special/adventure manga, it's way less kiddy.

When I was in elementary school I loved Digimon, I watched the 1st and 2nd season and I had episodes recorded on VHS, good old times tbh. I've found a blog where they have all seasons in good quality and with the Spanish dub I grew up with so I thought in watching the 1st season, there's too many of them and the 1st is the one I remember the most so to start just that.

But it's the show good or when you grow up you find it too kiddy to be enjoyable? I always remembered that Digimon story was much better than Pokemon and much less repetitive but it's still an anime for kids so I dunno if it's worth watching being a 20+ incel kek. They say that season 1 is good, season 2 is bad (despite I liked it when I was a kid) and season 3 is the best and the most obscure or with more mature themes. For the other seasons I haven't read anything.
Digimon Adventures, Digimon Tamers, Digimon Frontier and Digimon Data Squad are the best.

IMO Frontier and Data Squad mog Adventures and Tamers when it comes to plot. The problem is that Adventures is overrated due to nostalgia while Tamers is "darker".

My favorite as a kid was frontiers because the humans themselves evolved into digimons. But I have to say the most adult friendly one is digimon tamers and by a large margin. Sure, it has those "I learnt a new evolution therefore I win now" but it has complex and obscure plots for a kids show.
It's actually kind of dark for the target age tbh.

digimon is like the cheap chinese ripoff of pokemon for people who are too poor to afford the real thing

I remember watching Digimon back in the day season 1 adventures in particular,much preferred it to Pokémon.