Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is acne a genetic trait or environmental trait?

Is acne genetic or environmental?

• Total voters
P

Personalityinkwell

mentally crippled by lonely teen years
-
So, quick info on me. Acne destroyed my life, if you remove acne from my life, I might not end up here. But unfortunately, I've been called pimpleface", "shitface" "your face is from the garbage". etc. All because of acne. I grew up in the USA, where the food is garbage, and my face is as smooth as the surface of the moon.

There are other acnecels here. Ho do you deal with this shit? And for everyone, what is your opinion, is it environmental or genetic? I've seen any studies blaming "greasy food" and the like. And some of you say "it's a mix", and to some degree, it is, but for the sake of the poll, pick a side.

I would say both, but it's more genetic. My face in my teens was totally destroyed and I had a healthy habits, diet and etc, while chads lunching everyday in mcdonalds with peach skins.

Last edited:
I would say both, but it's more genetic. My face in my teens was totally destroyed and I had a healthy habits, diet and etc, while chads launching everyday in mcdonalds with peach skins.

Both, tbh... still struggling with it in my mid 20s and have plenty of scarring

100% genes

Look, you're a good poster, but I'm gonna have to argue with you.

The acne fighting business has been around for decades, in fact, when i tried to clear my acne with full determination, it worked,

the majority of human history has no acne, why did I get it, ENVIRONMENT.

Amoxicillin is a good short term treatment.

its all about genes

I should've known better, after all, none of you know me personally, you're all just making assumptions.

combo of both. many people get acne exclusively due to dairy products or fapping. So some people are def genetically predisposed to it. but If they stop taking dairy or fapping, it will go away most of the time.

Isnt it both? I'm not sure about genes but I know you get it from being greasy

Look, you're a good poster, but I'm gonna have to argue with you.

The acne fighting business has been around for decades, in fact, when i tried to clear my acne with full determination, it worked,

the majority of human history has no acne, why did I get it, ENVIRONMENT.
This is false. Acne has existed and been talked about since ancient Greece.

http://applications.emro.who.int/im...ol/J_Pak_Assoc_Dermatol_2013_23_3_315_319.pdf
The earliest description of acne appeared in the ancient Greek writings of the Byzantine physician Aetius Amidenus.10 The word ‘acne’ appears to evolve from Greek word ‘acme’ which means ‘point or spot’.

Genetic

Please don't believe coping dipshits who claim it's a byproduct of being high t. It isn't.

Genetic

Please don't believe coping dipshits who claim it's a byproduct of being high t. It isn't.
This, you get acne because your skin can't handle it's own excrement. People with bad skin have bad genes. Certain things can help with acne e.g. milk can raise igf 1 levels which can cause your body to create more sebum, so avoiding it can help. Unfortunately the people that have garbage skin genes can have the best diet and skin care routine and they will still have bad acne, where as people with decent skin genes or good skin genes can drink alcohol, do tons of drugs, wash their face with random bar soap, be anorexic and give their bodies zero nutriens, and be obese and still not have bad acne, or get like 1-3 pimples.

Both, why else do you think so many people nowadays get acne compared to the past? Most cases have nothing to do with genetics, diet is the most common cause, only a minority is genetic.

This, you get acne because your skin can't handle it's own excrement. People with bad skin have bad genes. Certain things can help with acne e.g. milk can raise igf 1 levels which can cause your body to create more sebum, so avoiding it can help. Unfortunately the people that have garbage skin genes can have the best diet and skin care routine and they will still have bad acne, where as people with decent skin genes or good skin genes can drink alcohol, do tons of drugs, wash their face with random bar soap, be anorexic and give their bodies zero nutriens, and be obese and still not have bad acne, or get like 1-3 pimples.
When you no acne mog your roastie sister :feelslala:

Both, why else do you think so many people nowadays get acne compared to the past? Most cases have nothing to do with genetics, diet is the most common cause, only a minority is genetic.
Acne has existed since ancient Greece and ancient Egypt.
http://applications.emro.who.int/im...ol/J_Pak_Assoc_Dermatol_2013_23_3_315_319.pdf
Tutankhamun, Egyptian Pharaoh of the 18th dynasty who ruled during the period between 1332 BC-1323 BC, had acne as evident from the anti-acne remedies in his tomb.

It's mostly hormonal, it's why teenagers tend to get it pretty bad.

People who think it's from not washing are brainlets who don't know what they're talking about
are you a scientist?

OP, I’ve been on cyclic Accutane since my teens I’m now early 30’s. I do 6 months on then 3 months off using moderate dosage. Listen, it’s the only effective treatment then I do laser treatment on my off period to reduce scars and redness. There are some serious sides with Accutane consult a dermatologis.

I never said it didn't exist, just that it was alot less prevalent, here's an example:

Sample size of 1300 people in remote areas far from modern civilization in lifestyle, almost no acne.
That's because they didn't have makeup to hide their dog shit skin genetics, so the acne gene got weeded out.

That's because they didn't have makeup to hide their dog shit skin genetics, so the acne gene got weeded out.
That argument doesn't work, because in places without social media and resource abundance, foids are typically not able to act upon their hypergamous tendencies by default, having to stick to whoever can provide resources to them.

That argument doesn't work, because in places without social media and resource abundance, foids are typically not able to act upon their hypergamous tendencies by default, having to stick to whoever can provide resources to them.
Exactly, girls can't be hypergamous so guys don't have to fuck acne ridden girls.

Exactly, girls can't be hypergamous so guys don't have to fuck acne ridden girls.
That would still leave the acne ridden guys tho, and the majority of those with acne are men.

That would still leave the acne ridden guys tho, and the majority of those with acne are men.
They probably stoned and killed all males that got acne because they believed they were wizards

They probably stoned and killed all males that got acne because they believed they were wizards
Ok, now you're really stretching it :feelskek:
It wouldn't be nearly enough to create such a large difference, unless you can somehow show that killing men with acne is a very common practice in remote civilizations which is baseless.

Ok, now you're really stretching it :feelskek:
It wouldn't be nearly enough to create such a large difference, unless you can somehow show that killing men with acne is a very common practice in remote civilizations which is baseless.
Girls probably committed Sudoku so they wouldn't have to be with an acnecel. They forced the acnecels to be slaves and whipped them until they died.

They forced the acnecels to be slaves and whipped them until they died.
The first part i can understand, but this one is just baseless and doesn't make sense, when struggle to survive is real, civilizations can't afford to abide by their lookist natures and treat incels like shit, because ugly men are a massive backbone regardlesd of technological level.

The first part i can understand, but this one is just baseless and doesn't make sense, when struggle to survive is real, civilizations can't afford to abide by their lookist natures and treat incels like shit, because ugly men are a massive backbone regardlesd of technological level.
They forced the acnecels to be slaves and if they didn't do what they said they killed them. Acnecels had to do what people told them to do, to survive. It's 10v1 acnecels can't win.

They forced the acnecels to be slaves and if they didn't do what they said they killed them. Acnecels had to do what people told them to do, to survive. It's 10v1 acnecels can't win.
I posted actual proof that old civilizations rarely had acne, just post proof of this if you're so confident in it

I don't know , But i choose genes , it's probably both

I posted actual proof that old civilizations rarely had acne, just post proof of this if you're so confident in it
Why did people in Ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt get acne, but not these guys? This is what I don't understand.

Why did people in Ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt get acne, but not these guys? This is what I don't understand.
These guys get acne too, they just get it alot less often than modern civilization, same for the greeks, romans and egyptians.

These guys get acne too, they just get it alot less often than modern civilization, same for the greeks, romans and egyptians.
This is what I mean
conducted acne exams on more than 1,300 people living in two remote sections of Paraguay and Papua New Guinea. The results of those exams appeared in a JAMA Dermatology paper and they were, to quote the paper’s authors, “astonishing.”

The doctors turned up virtually zero cases of acne among rural men and women.

cannot be solely attributed to genetic differences among populations but likely results from differing environmental factors.

I don't understand why it can't just be genetic.

I don't understand why it can't just be genetic.
Because if it were just genetic, then the entire population of those countries would have almost no acne, not just the ones with a primitive lifestyle.

It’s both but indigenous communities that didn’t eat processed grains, vegetable seed oils and sugar as staples of their diet never got acne. How your body tolerates these things is what makes it partly genetic.

Because if it were just genetic, then the entire population of those countries would have almost no acne, not just the ones with a primitive lifestyle.
Can't the ones with a primitive lifestyle have developed differently genetically though.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2921746/

The Bantu seem pretty primitive as well and they have reports of acne.
Its high prevalence among dermatological conditions has also been well documented in studies of various international ethnic communities, such as black populations in London, adolescents in Hong Kong or Peru, and the Bantu population in South Africa.

I know my acne is genetic, my grandfather has it and my mother does.
It's completely over for me.

both but inclination is hereditary.