Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Is a €500 gaming pc worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 32662
  • Start date
Deleted member 32662

Deleted member 32662

All life is a game of luck
-
I was thinking about getting back to gaming. I stopped in 2014 because my pc was a potato and my wonderful father didn't give me a penny to save up or buy any parts cause according to him playing games was a waste of money. I don't even know whether I will be into gaming anymore. Also, would I able to play newer games with a €500 pc?

Just buy an old console since they are cheaper now, if you don’t feel like spending too much money.

You can buy used parts and get something decent for 500. Not gonna be playing on 1080p 60fps ultra or anything, but maybe medium to low will suit well for games made after 2015 or so

@-BrettyBoy- I never played on a console, I don't think I would be able to play without a mouse and keyboard.

@-BrettyBoy- I never played on a console, I don't think I would be able to play without a mouse and keyboard.
Got it, you’re use to playing video games that way.

@Words2_live_bye what should be my budget pc to play current and newer games at 1080p? Around 800 eur?

If theres games you can play on a Mac or web browser then the new Apple Mac Mini M1 is really tempting. It's basically the fastest computer you can buy and its like $700USD which is in your price range. Plus chicks dig guys who buy Apple products.

From what I've heard anything below $1,000 probably isnt worth it

@HidekiTojota haven't decided yet. Whatever I can buy under 500 euros.

@Nautica1983 I have to buy a new display too. Why is gaming so expensive. Can't even enjoy anything these days without spending crazy amounts of money.
@HidekiTojota thanks.

@Nautica1983 I have to buy a new display too. Why is gaming so expensive. Can't even enjoy anything these days without spending crazy amounts of money.
@HidekiTojota thanks.
Just buy a console bro. PC is for people who have the money. All that 1080 60fps highest possible resolution and graphics arent that big of a deal tbh tbh.

At 500 you should be buying a console.

If you were spending 800 then I might be saying different since you'd be able to get a decent graphics card.

@Words2_live_bye what should be my budget pc to play current and newer games at 1080p? Around 800 eur?
800 Eur is 973 USD and i payed 899 USD for my current PC that was refurbished. It has an Intel Core i5 9400f, a gtx 1660, 16gb ddr4 ram, 1tb hdd and 256gb ssd. I can play everything in my library at ultra or high settings on 1080p 60fps. Try to go for something similar in specs

Do not buy a console. PC is vastly suuperior. I got my pc for 200euro and i can play anything on it. Just get any used i5 3rd generation and onward and pair it with rx 570 and you are good to go.

@NobuNagahirohichi how are the graphics? Are you able to play new games on 1080p 50 - 60 frames? Do you experience any lag during gaming or in general on your pc?

Everything is top notch and runs fine. This pc I have is at least 2 times more powerful than a ps4.

graphics cards prices are high af atm it’s bs

Videocards are way too expensive now, u can only buy some old shit like 1050 Ti

Are people still particularly interested in 'graphics' these days? Is this 1998?

Buying something that you will enjoy is always worth it

I was thinking about getting back to gaming. I stopped in 2014 because my pc was a potato and my wonderful father didn't give me a penny to save up or buy any parts cause according to him playing games was a waste of money. I don't even know whether I will be into gaming anymore. Also, would I able to play newer games with a €500 pc?
Eh if you can play games that are at least 5 years old smoothly than sure. Otherwise, buy something newer/pricier

save up and get an 800$ pc nothing more and nothing less if that's too much stick to console gaming honestly