Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

iqbill

Deleted member 265

Deleted member 265

sleep forever
-
The relationship between happiness and intelligent quotient: the contribution of socio-economic and clinical factors. RESULTS: Happiness is significantly associated with IQ. Those in the lowest IQ range (70-99) reported the lowest levels of happiness compared with the highest IQ group (120-129). Mediation analysis using the continuous IQ variable found dependency in activities of daily living, income, health and neurotic symptoms were strong mediators of the relationship, as they reduced the association between happiness and IQ by 50%. CONCLUSIONS: Those with lower IQ are less happy than those with higher IQ. Interventions that target modifiable variables such as income (e.g. through enhancing education and employment opportunities) and neurotic symptoms (e.g. through better detection of mental health problems) may improve levels of happiness in the lower IQ groups.

tbh tbyh

Last edited:
The relationship between happiness and intelligent quotient: the contribution of socio-economic and clinical factors. RESULTS: Happiness is significantly associated with IQ. Those in the lowest IQ range (70-99) reported the lowest levels of happiness compared with the highest IQ group (120-129). Mediation analysis using the continuous IQ variable found dependency in activities of daily living, income, health and neurotic symptoms were strong mediators of the relationship, as they reduced the association between happiness and IQ by 50%. CONCLUSIONS: Those with lower IQ are less happy than those with higher IQ. Interventions that target modifiable variables such as income (e.g. through enhancing education and employment opportunities) and neurotic symptoms (e.g. through better detection of mental health problems) may improve levels of happiness in the lower IQ groups.
View attachment 63695

tbh tbyh
IQ is only accurate at representing the competence of a person to solve given exercise. Intelligence is subjective. IQ is just a formally widely-accepted & recognized means to brag about being able to solve some exercises to prove you are more "intelligent" than other people.
What is "intelligent"?

Blackcels btfo

Ignorance is bliss.

I said intelligence, not IQ.
I did not link to an article on IQ. I linked to one on g.
I'll quote here
The g factor (also known as general intelligence, general mental ability or general intelligence factor) is a construct developed in psychometric investigations of cognitive abilities and human intelligence. It is a variable that summarizes positive correlations among different cognitive tasks, reflecting the fact that an individual's performance on one type of cognitive task tends to be comparable to that person's performance on other kinds of cognitive tasks.
What problem do you have with this measure of intelligence?
"It's too imprecise"
Well, many things are not perfectly definable or have a degree of fuzziness to them. That doesn't mean they don't exist or are so "subjective" that they have no meaning at all.

I did not link to an article on IQ. I linked to one on g.
I'll quote here

What problem do you have with this measure of intelligence?
"It's too imprecise"
Well, many things are not perfectly definable or have a degree of fuzziness to them. That doesn't mean they don't exist or are so "subjective" that they have no meaning at all.
Firstly, I agree. But, IQ scores can be improved by solving IQ exercises over and over and over again. So I don't consider it an accurate method to describe intelligence.
I would tend to believe that humans in general have mostly the same mental capacity (except mentally disabled people). People who achieved great successes just took advantage of their mental potential, whereas the other ones who would've probably also been able to achieve great results but didn't.

I measure intelligence by the ability of a person to create wealth. They prove to be intelligent by their results, rather an IQ test.

Firstly, I agree. But, IQ scores can be improved by solving IQ exercises over and over and over again. So I don't consider it an accurate method to describe intelligence.
I would tend to believe that humans in general have mostly the same mental capacity (except mentally disabled people). People who achieved great successes just took advantage of their mental potential, whereas the other ones who would've probably also been able to achieve great results but didn't.

I measure intelligence by the ability of a person to create wealth. They prove to be intelligent by their results, rather an IQ test.
If IQ doesn't measure intelligence then why is it correlated so highly with life success?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient#Social_correlations
IQ is correlated positively with income, job success, academic success and negatively with crime. If IQ doesn't measure intelligence when what does it measure?
IQ is also highly heritible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ
The heritibilty of IQ is around .7
If every human were rougly of equal inherent intelligence then why would IQ be heritible?

If IQ doesn't measure intelligence then why is it correlated so highly with life success?
IQ is correlated positively with income, job success, academic success and negatively with crime. If IQ doesn't measure intelligence when what does it measure?
If every human were rougly of equal inherent intelligence then why would IQ be heritible?
because successful people are intelligent. that was just what I said. I measure intelligence by the grade of financial success.
As I said, IQ tests are not accurate, because if you acquire the skill to solve the IQ exercises you can improve your IQ score.
IQ tests are only an accurate representation of how good you can solve those exercises, not life problems.

reading the shmuck he writes makes me rage

thats why i couldnt be a mod, id just permaban this uneducated bluepiller on sight

Why are you torturing yourself with reading these articles? :(

Thanks for the daily reminder asshole

1)IQ correlates with all sorts of measures of life success, including income, job success, and school success
2)IQ correlates with g, the psychometric definition of intelligence
C)Therefore IQ tests measure intelligence

I measure intelligence by the grade of financial success.
So lottery winners and rich kids who inherit wealth must be intelligent?
As I said, IQ tests are not accurate, because if you acquire the skill to solve the IQ exercises you can improve your IQ score.
How does this disprove all the correlations IQ has with various measure of life success?
IQ tests are only an accurate representation of how good you can solve those exercises, not life problems.
Intelligence is the ability to solve problems generally. As it happens the ability to solve problems you are given on an IQ test correlate quite strongly with the ability to solve problems you face in life.

1)IQ correlates with all sorts of measures of life success, including income, job success, and school succesz
2)IQ correlates with g, the psychometric definition of intelligence
C)Therefore IQ tests measure intelligence

So lottery winners and rich kids who inherit wealth must be intelligent?

How does this disprove all the correlations IQ has with various measure of life success?

Intelligence is the ability to solve problems generally. As it happens the ability to solve the problems you are given on an IQ test correlate quite strongly with the problems you face in life.

lottery winners must have the money consciousness to multiply the money instead of losing it. most lottery winners lose all their money.

Rich kids need to keep the wealth or become wealthier. It's a huge responsibility. They become wealthy as a result of the paradigms of their parents.

IQ tests are still inaccurate.

Rich people are "intelligent" and educated so they perform well at IQ tests.

Even if IQ tests were accurate, then what? you get bragging rights, or pretend to be high iq just to get the dope shot.

All in all, it's just another brick in the wall.

IQ is not real, IQ was never real. It's all placebo and luck based, nothing more.

Just lol at all this IQ denialism. I have said this before and I am saying this again: If you don't believe in the IQ then you are not yet a real blackpiller.

IQ is EVERYTHING in life. Even getting laid is moderately related to IQ since better looking people have higher IQ on average. Just fucking lol if you think IQ doesn't matter.

And it makes sense that that people with lower IQ are less happy. It means that they are both uglier (see above point about IQ and attractiveness) as well as too stupid to ever actually get good at anything meaning they can't even cope by getting a good hobby or carrier.

IQ is only accurate at representing the competence of a person to solve given exercise. Intelligence is subjective. IQ is just a formally widely-accepted & recognized means to brag about being able to solve some exercises to prove you are more "intelligent" than other people.
What is "intelligent"?
I like you already, newcomer.

Just lol at all this IQ denialism. I have said this before and I am saying this again: If you don't believe in the IQ then you are not yet a real blackpiller.

IQ is EVERYTHING in life. Even getting laid is moderately related to IQ since better looking people have higher IQ on average. Just fucking lol if you think IQ doesn't matter.

And it makes sense that that people with lower IQ are less happy. It means that they are both uglier (see above point about IQ and attractiveness) as well as too stupid to ever actually get good at anything meaning they can't even cope by getting a good hobby or carrier.
JFL at thinking that intelligence actually exists. Even more JFL at you thinking getting laid has anything to do with IQ instead of genetical desirability.
The apogee JFL at you thinking all of this has a meaning.

JFL at thinking that intelligence actually exists. Even more JFL at you thinking getting laid has anything to do with IQ instead of genetical desirability.
The apogee JFL at you thinking all of this has a meaning.

tfw people can get banned for denying the blackpill but cant get banned for denying the iqpill

FUCK ignored

Being intelligent only increases your potential to be happy, it doesn't make you happy.