Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion incels with computerskills but neet

highinhibition

highinhibition

Paragon
★★★★★
I have the impression that many here are very good with computers but they are still neet and somehow dont have a job, are they voluntarily neet or why is that the case?

computer skills alone are not good enough to get a job, especially nowadays because you usually get vetted by the Beckies in HR

I got in computer science for like 6 months then quit, I don't wanna work coding, it must be terrible

I still like programming though and every now and then I write scripts to help me with some shit

[UWSL]Coding a static website has been my main cope for a while[/UWSL]
[UWSL][/UWSL]
However I have been having a lot of self doubts

I'm starting to think it was a mistake to quit, but now it would be weird to return to the starting point since I have been switching majors for the last 4 years

Last edited:
ADHD and, to a lesser extent, Dyscalculia. My mental health was ruined in 2016.

Last edited:
computer skills alone are not good enough to get a job, especially nowadays because you usually get vetted by the Beckies in HR
This, I only study/seek new skills for my own projects

i used to make 500k working for a major tech company. but i got so depressed and couldn’t function anymore. now i’m NEET and will rope when i run out of money

i used to make 500k working for a major tech company. but i got so depressed and couldn’t function anymore. now i’m NEET and will rope when i run out of money
Which company bro, asking for a friend:feelssus:

Which company bro, asking for a friend:feelssus:
hesitant to say for risk of getting doxxed, especially to a greycel.

but half of that compensation was stocks. all the silicon valley companies give a fuck load of stocks.

Maybe you can use whatever money you have left to buy land and homestead. I had a friend that was in a similar situation to yours that did that and he really enjoys it

Most people burn out within a couple years of working at those places no? Idk how anyone even gets those jobs when you have to compete with Indians that have been grinding leetcode since they were 10.

Most people burn out within a couple years of working at those places no? Idk how anyone even gets those jobs when you have to compete with Indians that have been grinding leetcode since they were 10.
that's what happened to me. burned out from depression and quit. im living off my savings now, planning to rope when im out. the job was stressful but it wasn't what got me. it was the lack of friends, family and hole.

as far as curries...eh. some are good, most aren't. ironically, im a curry myself albeit a western born one.

Last edited:
I got massively burned out, and couldn't handle wageslaving in an office anymore. Depression, anxiety and alcoholism was destroying me. I began working on a startup idea but it was taking a long time and costing a lot of money and ended up going nowhere. So my NEET came to an end and I got a remote job.

Working remote has been alright. Not having to go into an office is much better on my anxiety and social anxiety issues.

I got in computer science for like 6 months then quit, I don't wanna work coding, it must be terrible

I still like programming though and every now and then I write scripts to help me with some shit

I'm starting to think it was a mistake to quit, but now it would be weird to return to the starting point since I have been switching majors for the last 4 years
get a good major and you can do an msc "conversion course" masters in computer science
It sounds really grand but in reality its basic computer science as its only 1 year of study to get a masters for people that have studied different fields of education.

im saving to do an msc conversion after doing history and getting a 2:1 you can do this conversion course in any uni if you have a 2:1 in ANY discipline, so the computer science is going to be dogshit easy as its for laymen with no coding, you can only introduce so many concepts to newbies in one year.

remember i am coding by myself and have gotten past the herr derrr variables and condition statements and hello world, what is object orientated programming, what is a loop, how o use a function bro crap. If you know any programming you will easily blast through the masters blindfold many there go in blind and dont know what javascript is.

bbbbut all normans and thus HR would see is herrr derrr he has a masters he must be good at computer science bro, when its not even a third as in depth as a real lower level bsc in computer science.

This is one cheat I have seen to not reinvent the wheel and go through 3 years for no reason and skip and just do one full time year and end up with a higher qualification than you would get for doing bsc for 3, but the condition is a minimum 2:1 in any degree.

remember normans are so dumb all that counts is the piece of paper that says herr derrrr qualification masters or bsc, recruiters skip everything else and reject if this is not there on the C.V. Remember most of the best programmers dont have a degree, it does not show competence it shows you can blindly follow a syllabus like a drone. As you know almost all of real computer science is coming up with hacks, and thinking outside the box to make things work that are not on a syllabus or not in most books, a degree will not teach you this thus i believ its utterly not useful and sole learning is way better to be a real programmer, hence musk zuckerburg, wozniak, ian bell, dennis ritchie (bell labs) no degree in computer science and the best programmers of all time

Last edited:
Computer skills like Microsoft Word, Excel? Or you mean coding? Incels are master procrastinators and have a low self-esteem so there's a diminute ammount that can code particulary well

Remember most of t dennis ritchie (bell labs) no degree in computer science and the best programmers of all time

Ken Thompson and Dennis Ritchie  1973

Ken Thompson (left) and Dennis Ritchie (right).

320px Dennis Ritchie in a chalet in the mountains surrounding Salt Lake City Utah  Summer 198

Ritchie engaged in conversation, 1984 Usenix conference.

I know some stuff, a very little bit coding too

I know how to press the power button, yes.

i hack on roblox

writing malware can be profitable...

Writing your own code is fun. The creative joy.

But working in teams, in my experience, is very hard. You have to fix bugs and rewrite their copy and paste code. It's just horrible.

But they are jobs where you can work alone. Someone I know has found such a job.

I think Python jobs are work on your own and Java jobs are working in a team.