Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: you talk to yourself

Ericfffc

Ericfffc

Veteran
★★★★★
You talk to yourself alone

Yes, I've done this since I was a young child. Due to my mental illnesses, I also simulate past social situations in my head several times per day and imagine myself speaking with certain people I've met.

It's a known autistic trait.

Yes, I've done this since I was a young child. Due to my mental illnesses, I also simulate past social situations in my head several times per day and imagine myself speaking with certain people I've met.

Man, if that is true I'm also autistic.

This dude is always online but hardly posts lmao.

I talk to myself sometimes when I rage about something. But mostly when I vidya

It's not so much "talking to yourself" (as if I have multiple personalities which need to engage in conversation) but just thinking out loud.

Of course it's seen as "mumbling to yourself" and "crazy" by normies so you should probably be careful about it in public and such.

I have imaginary conversations in my head.

Yes. When I'm alone, I like to talk to myself. I've done that since childhood.

I sometimes talk to imaginary friends, usually famous dead people (Tesla for example).

Same here, also autistic. Do you also whisper to yourself, especially words that you hear? I used to do this a lot as a kid and people would notice

Dont know if i'm autistic but i have conversation with myself even in public because no one wants to talk with me anyways. I talk in an other language like english instead of my native language.

I talk to myself while I walk outside. Usually just venting to myself. I wear headphones so people think I'm in conversation with someone. There was a point where people would notice and it was kind of awkward so now I make sure it looks like i'm talking to someone.

Last edited: