Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: you sound like a foreigner in your native language.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I talk out loud very little, most of my life has been spent alone in front of my screen, talking to no one. I didn't even use my native language online, it's been all English since I was a kid.

Although regardless of the language, my brain isn't used to talking, so it's hard to accurately move my tongue or something. Or maybe it's neurological, but what comes out my mouth isn't exactly the same as what I intend to say. There's a lot of subtle things too, like intonation and such that I seem to butcher sometimes, idk if it's anxiety or whatnot.

Worse yet, it's a nightmare when I have to speak my native language. I even think in English, so basically I translate into my native language. I end up making so many subtle mistakes that I don't seem to catch. Shit, today the professor (a woman) almost laughed (smirked) at something I said. I was defending a dude who didn't show up to present the project (wouldn't have done it but my hands were tied), and I said a verb the wrong way or something. Didn't even catch it until she pointed it out and smirked. Damn, I make so many mistakes I sound like an idiot.

I legit was asked by several different people if I'm from this country/city. I sound like an actual foreigner to them. Fuck, and my prowess in the English language is so fucking useless too. I'm stuck in this shithole country working dead-end jobs so English is pretty pointless. Would've been useful if I hadn't dropped out after 2 years with nothing to show for it and wasted my parent's life savings when studying abroad. But now it's useless, cause I'm a fucking idiot.

Lmao, I sound retarded in the language I have to speak when going outside. And the language I think in, the language that all my references, idioms, and even my humor is in, it's totally useless to me.

Last edited:
I don't even know what my native language is because I speak three different ones equally fluently.

My native language is English. I do have an accent though which my whole family does. I'm not American.

What you're describing sounds like L1 attrition

Yep, I am complete voicecel who has many voice issues.

skipping words, mumbling words, pronouncing ''r''s like ''w''s (minecwaft) amongst sounding like a monotone sperg.
My mumbling got much worse in the last few years. I sound retarded nowadays. Hope I don't have brain damage from the 2 years of heavy alcohol abuse in the past. Or from the decade of depression and isolation and rotting.

Sort of can relate. I can't write in my native tongue and also can't count in my native tongue.

I didn't even use my native language online, it's been all English since I was a kid.
This is how I actually learned English for the better part. They used to teach it at school but I didn't used to study as a kid lol.

I have to consciously focus on speaking well while not sounding autistic at the same time. I’m used to thinking in English though, which makes it hard to find words in my native language that convey the same thought in English sometimes (this is pretty ridiculous, I can only imagine it happening to a very isolated person). Funny thing is my English isn’t even good, so it feels like I learned to speak it poorly at the expense of my native language proficiency.

I have to consciously focus on speaking well while not sounding autistic at the same time. I’m used to thinking in English though, which makes it hard to find words in my native language that convey the same thought in English sometimes. Funny thing is my English isn’t even good, so it feels like I learned to speak it poorly at the expense of my native language proficiency.
Yep, basically you end up not speaking English as well as a native and yet you become much worse than normal people at your own language as well. Shit, I'm like Tarzan or some shit, I can't speak well in any language.

I don't know a foreign language (at the very least not well enough to count as fluent) and I sound foreign :lul: :lul: :feelsrope: . People will ask me if I am from Canada or something a lot jfl. I think I say things weird and use odd terms which makes people think "outsider".

I don't know a foreign language (at the very least not well enough to count as fluent) and I sound foreign :lul: :lul: :feelsrope: . People will ask me if I am from Canada or something a lot jfl. I think I say things weird and use odd terms which makes people think "outsider".
Yeah I use odd terms as well, might have aspergers or something.

Yeah I use odd terms as well, might have aspergers or something.
I think I've read its an autist trait to sound like a foreigner/have an odd "accent" but I might just be assuming/remember wrong.

It’s a wide spread phenomena among zoomers. They spend so much time on the internet they become more proficient in English than their native language.

Exact same situation here as well.

I was born and raised in california, yet everyone online always tells me i sound like a "french canadian"
jfl

Can't relate, because I'm a retard and learning English took me very long time.

im the same, and yeah because of loneliness i barely get to speak so when i do, i fuck up my words. its easier online or once i get to talk more, but people still assume im a foreigner. doesn't help being a ugly ethnic in a white country.

i can barely speak my native language tbh. grew up in da USA. shameful ricecel

can't imagine how shit it would be to live in asia and not be able to speak the native language.

A women did think I was Polish once so you may be right. "Do you celebrate Easter in your country?". My country is the same as yours?

Mogs mecha
I don't even know what my native language is because I speak three different ones equally fluently.
[/QUOT hard

not really but I sound retarded regardless

Nice humble brag post about flirting with your teacher. :feelsseriously: :feelsseriously: :feelsseriously:

Nice humble brag post about flirting with your teacher. :feelsseriously: :feelsseriously: :feelsseriously:
Fuck I just realized that I'm so bad at expressing myself I even gave the wrong impression in that sentence. I meant she smirked as in gave a smug, condescending smirk like "look at this moron lmao did you hear this shit?"

Damn, this is basically everything I've been thinking about my speech in the last 2 or so years. Like, speaking comes so easily to everybody around me, whereas I have to actively concentrate so as not to stutter or pronounce a word incorrectly.

I hope it's just a phase because it's literally stopping me from talking to people because everything about talking and my speech just feels wrong. I'm sick and tired of people constantly asking me to repeat myself, or "what? Sorry? Come again?"

Even in made up scenarios in my head, I struggle to express myself. I can't even sing rap songs because I constantly skip over words and stumble.

It's even worse in my native language. I hear articulate themselves so fluidly in the language and I wonder what's wrong with me if I can't be that proficient in it. I can understand every thing just fine, but speaking recently became such a chore for me. I always sound weird when speaking it.

There is so much I want to say about this topic because it's so frustrating. I wish I was normal.

Last edited:
feel the same.i suck at my native language and my esl english skills are top trash.Being low iq is brutal kek

I talk out loud very little, most of my life has been spent alone in front of my screen, talking to no one. I didn't even use my native language online, it's been all English since I was a kid.

Although regardless of the language, my brain isn't used to talking, so it's hard to accurately move my tongue or something. Or maybe it's neurological, but what comes out my mouth isn't exactly the same as what I intend to say. There's a lot of subtle things too, like intonation and such that I seem to butcher sometimes, idk if it's anxiety or whatnot.

Worse yet, it's a nightmare when I have to speak my native language. I even think in English, so basically I translate into my native language. I end up making so many subtle mistakes that I don't seem to catch. Shit, today the professor (a woman) almost laughed (smirked) at something I said. I was defending a dude who didn't show up to present the project (wouldn't have done it but my hands were tied), and I said a verb the wrong way or something. Didn't even catch it until she pointed it out and smirked. Damn, I make so many mistakes I sound like an idiot.

I legit was asked by several different people if I'm from this country/city. I sound like an actual foreigner to them. Fuck, and my prowess in the English language is so fucking useless too. I'm stuck in this shithole country working dead-end jobs so English is pretty pointless. Would've been useful if I hadn't dropped out after 2 years with nothing to show for it and wasted my parent's life savings when studying abroad. But now it's useless, cause I'm a fucking idiot.

Lmao, I sound retarded in the language I have to speak when going outside. And the language I think in, the language that all my references, idioms, and even my humor is in, it's totally useless to me.
It's really unfortunate when people are taught a language but can barely speak it out loud. I have this problem, but with the added shame of only knowing how to speak one language. If there ever was someone with a negative IQ, I'd honestly guess it was me.