Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: you get extremely nervous when someone compliments you.

ShowerTaker

ShowerTaker

Just take a shower bro.
-
I'm obviously not talking about looks. We barely receive any.

In general, whenever someone makes me a compliment, I get extremely anxious and do not know my next move.

I'm a bit of a gamer, and any time I receive comments like "nice job", "you're very good at this", or "well played" I feel like from now on I have the obligation to be excellent at my role or else people won't like me anymore.

This is what happens when you aren't used to compliments. Can't be confident when you were always a social outcast.

When I do well in vidya I just get insulted and called a fat no-life nerd who needs to go outside

I laughed at that, nobody compliments me.

compliments are not real

I am always trying to figure out if they are genuinely complementing me or if it is a back-handed complement, it is tough out there.

I never received a compliment related to looks except one or two about my height. I usually receive compliments from co-workers, but they are all about feedback in work related stuff, nothing about appearence.

In general, whenever someone makes me a compliment, I get extremely anxious and do not know my next move.

I'm a bit of a gamer, and any time I receive comments like "nice job", "you're very good at this", or "well played" I feel like from now on I have the obligation to be excellent at my role or else people won't like me anymore.

You've described my mindset well; I have Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria/RSD, a consequence of ASD/ADHD. I've never been able to take compliments or criticism well without becoming extremely uncomfortable.

In the case of criticism, I become paralyzed by anxiety and I feel a sort of "shocking" sensation throughout my body. Then, I spend hours replaying the bit of criticism I received over and over in my head.

I would be very suspicious if someone complimented me.

compliment is a foid behaviour
they compliment everyone because they can be parasites of them. and because of it soyciety says foids have better social skills than men jfl.

they dont to us because they can get no benefit from us.

fucking aprasites

You've described my mindset well; I have Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria/RSD, a consequence of ASD/ADHD. I've never been able to take compliments or criticism well without becoming extremely uncomfortable.

In the case of criticism, I become paralyzed by anxiety and I feel a sort of "shocking" sensation throughout my body. Then, I spend hours replaying the bit of criticism I received over and over in my head.
True. I've had a few normies say I'm funny, but I can't if they're mocking me or not.