Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

incel trait: you began communicating with strangers online before your teen years

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
i started at age 11 in 2009

I would play online games when I was around 10, warcraft 3 was one of my favorites at the time.

For me it's 2000 and I was a teenager already. I didn't have a way to communicate with anyone before then online or I would've. Talked to many through online games, MSN, AOL and AIM, IRC, ICQ, and many others.
Oh, Yahoo too.

Not really. But I'm a bit older so online forums weren't as popular. 2009 is when I started posting on youtube and stuff, but I was 15

For me it's 2000 and I was a teenager already. I didn't have a way to communicate with anyone before then online or I would've. Talked to many through online games, MSN, AOL and AIM, IRC, ICQ, and many others.
Oh, Yahoo too.
there were some forums in the 90s like arstechnica

also email chats were common. go on groups.google.com to see it

I didn't have internet until I was 16. Did not start online interaction with strangers until junior year in college.

I didn't have internet until I was 16. Did not start online interaction with strangers until junior year in college.
how old are you?

there were some forums in the 90s like arstechnica

also email chats were common. go on groups.google.com to see it
Yeah I wasn't interested then. Seeing how people always been shit to me as a child, I always wanted to keep to myself anyway as I just didn't want to deal with the harassment everywhere I went. Already been bullied in school and my escape was video games.
It was in 2000 I've discovered online gaming which is what led to my road to interacting with people online. If it weren't for games, I would've stayed more in my bubble.

Still remember trying to ask some girls out in those video games. The very first one told me she was a lesbian.
And yes, it was an actual girl as she posted in group chat online back then on a very primitive cam back then. I'm certain she was no lesbian though. Probably could have smelled my weakness back then.

Yeah I wasn't interested then. Seeing how people always been shit to me as a child, I always wanted to keep to myself anyway as I just didn't want to deal with the harassment everywhere I went. Already been bullied in school and my escape was video games.
It was in 2000 I've discovered online gaming which is what led to my road to interacting with people online. If it weren't for games, I would've stayed more in my bubble.

Still remember trying to ask some girls out in those video games. The very first one told me she was a lesbian.
And yes, it was an actual girl as she posted in group chat online back then on a very primitive cam back then. I'm certain she was no lesbian though. Probably could have smelled my weakness back then.
why were you bullied?

Yeah because my parents forced me to do hobbies I didn't like, instead of tryharding it, I was already talking to strangers back then. I regret it so much by the way, I think it may be a bit responsible for my shyness.

I started at age 8 back in the early Xbox Live days.

Yup this definitely applies to me

My voice, my size, my looks, my skin colour I know would be one of the reasons as I stood out like an pumpkin in a bunch of bananas.
what race are you?

did black people bully you?
Yup. Most of my life I've been mostly around black. Because of how I look though, they never accepted me. Then add my horrible features, my weak sounding voice, being the smallest in almost all the cases, even to some females.

It was literally like throwing bait in a pond of hungry piranhas. This continues all the way into high school and only stopped in college because by then I tried to not talk to anyone in college.
Tried talking to some of the girls there which did those pity smiles but then distance themselves away from me, but by then I was used to it.

Now people in general and my distant family wonder why I stay inside all the time now and just play video games.
I don't know, maybe because since I was fucking small people treated me like shit and the only people who don't treat me like shit is people who don't know who I am online or video game characters?
Maybe that's the fucking reason?

Who would've thought. A dog would not want to go next to someone that beat it to death every time it came near to the person. You expect me to continue to get bullied until I get old and die? Is that what they want?
Fuck them.
Fuck all of them.

Yup. Most of my life I've been mostly around black. Because of how I look though, they never accepted me. Then add my horrible features, my weak sounding voice, being the smallest in almost all the cases, even to some females.

It was literally like throwing bait in a pond of hungry piranhas. This continues all the way into high school and only stopped in college because by then I tried to not talk to anyone in college.
Tried talking to some of the girls there which did those pity smiles but then distance themselves away from me, but by then I was used to it.

Now people in general and my distant family wonder why I stay inside all the time now and just play video games.
I don't know, maybe because since I was fucking small people treated me like shit and the only people who don't treat me like shit is people who don't know who I am online or video game characters?
Maybe that's the fucking reason?

Who would've thought. A dog would not want to go next to someone that beat it to death every time it came near to the person. You expect me to continue to get bullied until I get old and die? Is that what they want?
Fuck them.
Fuck all of them.
college does have bullying too.

Can't relate. My social anxiety, and trust issues made it incrediably hard for me to communicate with anyone who i didn't already knew. Believe it or not, but this forum was the first place, where i'd talk to other people online. I was almost 21 when i first joined, and almost lurked for a year, until i finally had the guts to make myself an account.

in 1996 I played my first deathmatch on Doom II through a person I met on a BBS, in 1997 I was able to have internet in my home. although I was not a teenager, I was already 20 years old.

I used to spam girls on ICQ. It always went to shit when I sent my photo. I was too fucking bluepilled to understand why.

The internet didn't exist during my teens. Lol. I had to talk to strangers in person.

I was on the computer by 2, and on the internet by 3-4. this would have been around the early-mid 2000s. I was seen as "mature" as a child, which could also be an incel trait.

in 1996 I played my first deathmatch on Doom II through a person I met on a BBS, in 1997 I was able to have internet in my home. although I was not a teenager, I was already 20 years old.
whats BBS?

I would play online games when I was around 10, warcraft 3 was one of my favorites at the time.
Fuck I was really doomed from the start, I started playing this game at age 4-5 or so
everyone there in the multiplayer is a fucking Wizard, 30+ and lives with their parents, also very toxic

Last edited:
whats BBS?

a bulletin board system (BBS) is a computer or an application dedicated to the sharing or exchange of messages or other files on a network. originally an electronic version of the type of bulletin board found on the wall in many kitchens and work places, the BBS was used to post simple messages between users. The BBS became the primary kind of online community through the 1980s and early 1990s, before the World Wide Web arrived.

Can't relate with this one.

I only started communicating with people online recently.

a bulletin board system (BBS) is a computer or an application dedicated to the sharing or exchange of messages or other files on a network. originally an electronic version of the type of bulletin board found on the wall in many kitchens and work places, the BBS was used to post simple messages between users. The BBS became the primary kind of online community through the 1980s and early 1990s, before the World Wide Web arrived.
Did you get to talk with people in foreign countries with BBS?

At age 6-7 I started talking with strangers, always older then me

Can't relate. The internet didn't become mainstream until I was in HS. So many babies in this forum I swear.