Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Incel Trait: People misunderstand your intent

AccountError

AccountError

Banned
-
Usually the result of a monotone voice and introvertness

You could try to say something sarcastically, like a joke and people will take it seriously due to the lack of depth in your voice. Your looks don't help either, people will assume your intent is always negative since ugly man bad. So many times have I gotten shit because people didn't understand my sarcasm or anything really.

Even on this forum I say something with good intent but some people won't understand it since there is no way to put emotion into text jfl.

I think I can put emotion in to text fairly well tbh but that's just because I have a sort of unique writing style

People always assume the worst when you are an ugly man

People all the time can't get when I say something ironically

Yeah Pretty much, I don't emote well, show body language differently than most & don't read facial nuances or body language on top of tone.

If you venture to joke about anything with people who've known you as an introvert the whole time all you're gonna get is awkward faces and general embarrassment/confusion. Done it several times, haven't worked out.

Last edited:
Can't misunderstand your intent if you were never taken seriously in the first place.

Yeah, having a monotone voice is a death sentence as a male. Putting inflections into my speech feels is just as hard to continuously do as lifting a 100kg stone up a mountain.