Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Incel trait: no redeeming qualities [FAILED exams]

T

theson

wyattu cokku onry
-
I'm an oldfag who recently enrolled in university to get a degree. I figured that since I have no hope of living a happy social life I may as well occupy my time with some intellectual pursuits.

Well I took some summer courses and I just finished my finals. I'm pretty confident I bombed both of them. I started out doing ok in the courses but I rapidly burned out and slacked off. I ended up writing the exams amped up on stims with no sleep. I'm looking at a D+ or C in Calculus 2 right now when I know I could have done better if I didn't run out of steam.

It's just kind of funny that the stereotype of nerds is that because they are physically ugly or weak, they must be smart since they have more time to spend studying because they don't party or have friends. Not so! In fact, good traits come in packages and some of the smartest people in my classes are 6'0" tall Anglo-Saxon Chads.

It’s a matter of effort man. When I started school I didn’t do anything and made shitty grades. Then I used my free time and lack of social life to my advantage. Now I am doing better than the party people who quickly burned through their “intelligence” and slacked off

I'm an oldfag who recently enrolled in university to get a degree. I figured that since I have no hope of living a happy social life I may as well occupy my time with some intellectual pursuits.

Well I took some summer courses and I just finished my finals. I'm pretty confident I bombed both of them. I started out doing ok in the courses but I rapidly burned out and slacked off. I ended up writing the exams amped up on stims with no sleep. I'm looking at a D+ or C in Calculus 2 right now when I know I could have done better if I didn't run out of steam.

It's just kind of funny that the stereotype of nerds is that because they are physically ugly or weak, they must be smart since they have more time to spend studying because they don't party or have friends. Not so! In fact, good traits come in packages and some of the smartest people in my classes are 6'0" tall Anglo-Saxon Chads.
Are you from Australia?

It’s a matter of effort man. When I started school I didn’t do anything and made shitty grades. Then I used my free time and lack of social life to my advantage. Now I am doing better than the party people who quickly burned through their “intelligence” and slacked off
Yeah in Calculus 2 I did good on the first test and then I barely passed the second test. I don't know how I did on the exam but I'm pretty sure it wasn't particularly good. I'm starting to regret going back to school because I'm so much older than the other students and I just don't have the kind of energy anymore to stay up for days at a time and study. It seems like the education system is contrived to test you not so much on your knowledge, but your endurance. I can do the material but the time frame they give (for summer courses especially) seems absurd to the point that you need to be studying every minute of your life to do well.

I tried signing up for fall courses and they were all full only 2 days after I received an email from the community college saying they were open.

God hates me and wants me to remain a failure in all aspects of life.

youre definitely going to have it harder if youre not smart dont let that stop you though. unlike getting a gf it is possible to be good at math if you put in the effort

How old are you OP?

Yeah in Calculus 2 I did good on the first test and then I barely passed the second test. I don't know how I did on the exam but I'm pretty sure it wasn't particularly good. I'm starting to regret going back to school because I'm so much older than the other students and I just don't have the kind of energy anymore to stay up for days at a time and study. It seems like the education system is contrived to test you not so much on your knowledge, but your endurance. I can do the material but the time frame they give (for summer courses especially) seems absurd to the point that you need to be studying every minute of your life to do well.

Calc 2 is pretty procedural though just integration techniques. They can get pretty nasty quickly though
Think about it do the professors at your college look sexy? No 9/10 they are homely because no attractive person would waste so much time on one subject

Calc 2 is pretty procedural though just integration techniques. They can get pretty nasty quickly though
Think about it do the professors at your college look sexy? No 9/10 they are homely because no attractive person would waste so much time on one subject
Integration techniques are the only thing I am good at in that course.

How old are you OP?

Are you from Australia?
No, why?

Did you go to class? I find that is the most important part to passing any class, as well as actually doing homework that is assigned. I struggled with this for a long time and was on academic suspension multiple times due to low grades.

I do think attractive sociable people tend to learn faster because they spend less mental energy on being depressed about their appearance/social life but that doesn’t mean you can’t train your focus more

OP would you say it was more of a result of you slacking off and burning out than your actual intelligence and abilities?

I am also an oldcel starting school in a few weeks and afraid I will bomb.

OP would you say it was more of a result of you slacking off and burning out than your actual intelligence and abilities?

I am also an oldcel starting school in a few weeks and afraid I will bomb.
I think it was because of the speed. Summer courses are twice the normal speed and if you're taking multiple courses at a time it is impossible to do well unless you're a genius or you've done the course before.

Did you go to class? I find that is the most important part to passing any class, as well as actually doing homework that is assigned. I struggled with this for a long time and was on academic suspension multiple times due to low grades.
I went to class but mostly it doesn't really help much if the prof is shit.

What's calculus 2?

Also going to uni when you're older sounds like a death sentence tbh.