Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Incel Trait: Mind Ruined By Depression

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
Depression has negative effects on processing speed, attention, decision making, thinking, learning, memory and other cognitive functions. This would actually reduce your IQ and make daily functioning very difficult, causing you take much longer to do things that were once simple. There are many studies which show this for example, this one.

Maybe you could have been a genius and invented amazing things or at least led a normal life, given the right upbringing and not being subjected to extensive social and sexual deprivation, but now you will never know because society broke your mind by denying you happiness. The effects of depression are long-lasting or permanent, even if you recovered from your depression, which is unlikely, you'd still never reach the cognitive potential you could have.

Last edited:
DEPRESSION KILLED MY MIND OWOWOWOWWOWOOWOWOOW

This is pretty much the story of my life. Oh well. Society gets the men it deserves.

is it true depression shrinks the brain?

In the developmental years (first 2 decades of life), normal people undergo brain growth because they get to experience key developmental milestones

Meanwhile, throughout the entirety of my developmental years, i was depressed 24/7 due to my involuntary social isolation and ostracizion, causing my brain to shrink which made me emotionally and socially retarded, in addition to being intellectually stunted

Last edited:
being an incel comes with the prerequisite of being depressed

My brain and existence died years ago

Depression has negative effects on processing speed, attention, decision making, thinking, learning, memory and other cognitive functions. This would actually reduce your IQ and make daily functioning very difficult, causing you take much longer to do things that were once simple. There are many studies which show this for example, this one.

Maybe you could have been a genius and invented amazing things or at least led a normal life, given the right upbringing and not being subjected to extensive social and sexual deprivation, but now you will never know because society broke your mind by denying you happiness. The effects of depression are long-lasting or permanent, even if you recovered from your depression, which is unlikely, you'd still never reach the cognitive potential you could have.
You know... When it's considered such as you present it... It almost seems...

(((Weaponized)))!

Classical "art of war" stuff. Winning without fighting! If your enemies feel like they've already lost, then it's easier to beat them.

Yes I became a brainlet :feelstastyman:

Just grow your hippocampus bro

This is true, after one sees their prime years disappear before their eyes, as well as being unemployed and getting old, there truly is nothing left over.

I would be some kind of Brainiac then.

I think weed is contributing to it but I like it

Yeah man... depression fucked me hard. I had the potential to go to Cambridge University but I could barely concentrate on my A-levels because I was so upset about being ugly and lonely.

My cognitive functioning usually peaks when:

1.) I wake up after a rare good night's sleep
2.) I'm out in nature away from other people

Whenever I'm around other people, however, my fight-or-flight response system is constantly on high alert. This leads to an abnormal production of stress hormones (cortisol) that is known to impair higher brain functioning. It's especially detrimental for the development of children, which is why allowing a bright young mind to be exposed to our hazardous public school system should be considered an unforgivable form of child abuse.

In the place of what was once my mind there is only one chasm.

100% legit. My chronic depression has reduced my I.Q. to the point I'm sometimes a literal retard. My quantitative/mathematical ability has suffered the most.

Depression also causes sleep disturbances, further affecting my cognitive abilities.