Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Incel trait: Koumpounophobia

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
aka "fear of buttons (on clothing)"
well, in my case it's more like a disgust towards them
it also extends a bit to other small circles like dots, small earrings etc. coins are ok, buttons on their own (e. g. in a box) are slightly less bad (than in the context of clothing) but they still have small holes inside them (for the thread) which makes them bad

there are many feelings that get triggered inside me when I'm forced to interact with someone who wears buttons or when I'm forced to wear buttons myself
business suits I consider silly and slightly humiliating cos they remind me of fetishistic schoolgirl uniforms
buttoned shirts in general I consider filthy and disgusting for some reason: the asymmetrical design (zip-up hoodies split the body into two roughly equal parts; you don't have that with buttons because one fold of fabric has to go over another one), the fact that you generally don't button up the last button which is some fucking cosmic joke because it renders this part of clothing useless but also because the neck area becomes extremely chaotic and asymmetrical with a loose button on one side and a button hole on the other ( :feelspuke: ), the uneven texture (compared to e. g. sweaters; "concealed buttons" with sweaters over them are even worse because they trick you, you can still feel them)

big buttons are ok-ish, I also don't mind buttons for pressing or circles in web design but I prefer rectangles

idk, it's such a silly phobia and if chad had it, it'd be just considered quirky but it's one of these minor pills that just stack up to make you a complete outcast
I'm obviously desensitized to buttons to a large extend because I see them every day and there's really no way around wearing buttons in formal situations but I still tense up in presence of them and can feel my subconscious getting angry with a person wearing them (and it's generally not great to subconsciously consider your boss and teachers filthy, weird and feel hateful towards them)

idk when it started and why, my mom says I violently refused wearing anything with buttons (with the exception of jeans because it's big and usually hidden) or with check pattern (this one I don't mind nowadays although I still consider it tacky) when I was like 4
I've tried to overcome my phobia by buying a bunch of fancy shirts last year and trying to wear them and, yeah, I can kinda wear them but they made me uncomfortable and self-conscious (I felt as if I was dressed in a clown costume and everyone was secretly making fun of me), so I eventually stopped

it's extremely weird and rather petty but I can't completely get over it and I feel like it's one of these small things that make my life just slightly worse
maby it's an autistic trait? @Atavistic Autist

Last edited:
I hate buttoned up shirts because they're not comfy, but I have no issue with buttons or circles. I actually like circles actually. Not a fan of pointed or flattened things.

sleepoverphobia

This shit doesn't bother me at all, I wouldn't even notice. Autism's a spectrum because you can either care too much or too little about random bullshit but never the ideal middle that normies have by instinct.

Incelophobia= fear of being an incel

I get pearl buttons on my dress shirts

Brutal. Can't relate.
Whatever chad wears though is ok

I have kosmemophobia (fear of jewelry )

I hate button up shirts and suck at buttons

Brutal :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelscry:

Micro incel traits make me feel far worse than macro traits. The smaller the trait the sharper the blade

Nah not really tbh, I have no problem with that.