Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Incel heroes in pop culture: My Hero Academia

M

MarchofthePawns

Greycel
Is anyone here a fan of the popular anime My hero Academia? For those of you who are not I'll give a brief synopsis.

The protagonist and wannabe "hero" is named Izuku. In his world, having a superpower(called a quirk on the show) is actually pretty common. Roughly 80% of the population has one. However, Izuku does not. Obviously, being in the bottom part of the social hierarchy isn't very good for anyone's confidence. Nonetheless, he dreams of being a hero.

Through taking risks and enduring the struggle, the show chronicles Izuku's journey to become the greatest hero in the world.

The thing I love most about this show is that it does a good job of humanizing the main character vs his rivals. He understands that he is the weakest character and that he must work 2x harder than naturals. He also must learn about harnessing a new power that is difficult to control. But Izuku is also incredibly resilient, intelligent before he recieves his quirk.

In a nutshell, Izuku's journey mirrors the average incel. Unlike "natural alpha males", we lack certain qualities that help alphas stand out. We struggle for basic attention that most Chads take for granted. For those of you who still hope for the chance to not be an incel, the path is longer and worse than the lowest Chad.

How can this thread help? Simple answer is accepting your flaws and enduring the struggle that will follow. It also helps to have goals. (Other than simply having sex to no longer be an incel. New thread worthy.)
So i highly reccomend watching if you haven't seen it.

(I also wanna do a One Punch Man thread about Chads.)

Last edited:
the only thing is the show is very bluepilled.

izuku had a qt femoid over his nuts before he even had a quirk and is a manlet with babyface, faggy hair and tiny frame

todoroki only has his height going for him, introverted/autistic, small frame and deformed face but a becky likes him

bakugo is chadlite, alpha and aggressive, good hair, eye area, height and social circle but gets no pussy

Here's some more incel hERoes in pop culture

big_1473901580_image.jpg

I like the villains more in the show.

Deku's a great character, and his development and backstory were fantastic. He's like Simon from Gurren Lagann, they both start out shy and unsure of themselves but unlike 90% of anime protagonists nowadays they actually put in work to get stuff done.

I also really like Bakugo in that show, though, because in a way he is similar to us in the fact that not many people want to be near him and he takes his anger out in everything.

OP, do you not watch hentai?
0FK3HZS.gif

the only thing is the show is very bluepilled.

izuku had a qt femoid over his nuts before he even had a quirk and is a manlet with babyface, faggy hair and tiny frame

todoroki only has his height going for him, introverted/autistic, small frame and deformed face but a becky likes him

bakugo is chadlite, alpha and aggressive, good hair, eye area, height and social circle but gets no pussy

Everything can't be perfect. Shoving everyone into a box is delusional. The red pill has some good points. Even the blue pill has an occassional nugget to be had. You can argue plot armor for why a wimp gets such power to begin with. My point stands.

The struggle to grow and change will be difficult. But to break the cycle of inceldom. Pain is needed, just like Izuku suffered until he can learn to control his new quirk.

even Izuku mogs me in height :feelsrope:

I used to enjoy it but can’t anymore, the setting is too eh for me. Black clover and Nanatsu no Taizai are really good I like the medieval/fantasy setting

This is not inceldom in pop culture.

It would be more like inceldom in pop culture if Deku didn't get a quirk at all and there weren't girls seemingly rabid for his Chad genetics handed down to him by All Might. But he's not quirkless, he has a power up that is extremely overpowered and underpowered at the same time, but when used cleverly it's basically a cheat.

And I hate that kind of story telling because i'm an incel. Deku isn't some legitimate underdog overcoming odds that are ACTUALLY stacked against him. He has the most overpowered ability in the series he just has to use it properly. The actual incel equivalents in the series are fodder who die off screen because they don't have a quirk, aren't remembered by anyone, and probably faced years of bullying and isolation as a result of not having a quirk like Deku but were never lucky enough to be gifted ultimate power.
There are plenty of Dekus in that world who never got a quirk and were never loved and died alone because they were powerless to fight off the freaks of nature that fuck around in their world. Those are the people I relate to more, not the guy who just got a lucky break and escaped the fate of off screen characters.

And what I hate most about this storytelling is that it will never sit down and black pill the shit out of the audience. They'll never acknowledge that the main character isn't a REAL underdog and that there are characters that do indeed have it worse for no justifiable reason other than a lack of luck. These stories are obsessed with keeping the feel-good just world vibe, so I don't see the point of relating these stories to Inceldom at all, because that's not the black pill. BnHA is blue pilled like any other fictional work that gets popular.

It would be more like inceldom in pop culture if Deku didn't get a quirk at all and there weren't girls seemingly rabid for his Chad genetics handed down to him by All Might. But he's not quirkless, he has a power up that is extremely overpowered and underpowered at the same time, but when used cleverly it's basically a cheat.

And I hate that kind of story telling because i'm an incel. Deku isn't some legitimate underdog overcoming odds that are ACTUALLY stacked against him. He has the most overpowered ability in the series he just has to use it properly. The actual incel equivalents in the series are fodder who die off screen because they don't have a quirk, aren't remembered by anyone, and probably faced years of bullying and isolation as a result of not having a quirk like Deku but were never lucky enough to be gifted ultimate power.
There are plenty of Dekus in that world who never got a quirk and were never loved and died alone because they were powerless to fight off the freaks of nature that fuck around in their world. Those are the people I relate to more, not the guy who just got a lucky break and escaped the fate of off screen characters.

And what I hate most about this storytelling is that it will never sit down and black pill the shit out of the audience. They'll never acknowledge that the main character isn't a REAL underdog and that there are characters that do indeed have it worse for no justifiable reason other than a lack of luck. These stories are obsessed with keeping the feel-good just world vibe, so I don't see the point of relating these stories to Inceldom at all, because that's not the black pill. BnHA is blue pilled like any other fictional work that gets popular.

This right here.
There are no incel main characters in anime unless they are the small-time idiot villain who gets killed off easily or played as butt monkey comedy.

Figured someone like this would come along. In the literal sense you are correct. Maybe there is a bit of BP around. Meh. Anyway, again I took the story of MHA and compared it to a beginning journey of an incel who still wants to make an effort. The anime realistically highlights the journey of struggling to grow and learn about oneself and change accordingly.
Compared to characters like Bakugo and Todoroki, Izuku is weakest. He must do 2x more just to be half as good as those two.
Plus, his quirk screws him over ALOT in the end. Most can at least see that comparison however faint.

I think the character is a good role model in that regard. He's definitely not a chad.

Last edited: