Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion In case you didn't realize it, inceldom isn't about sex, it's about ... STATUS and entitlement

NearlyOver

NearlyOver

Officer
★★★★★
Share your thoughts about this author's conclusions about what drives inceldom. Some quotes:

" 'Involuntary celibacy' isn’t about sex, it’s about status." &

"What’s at the heart of ... the incel phenomenon more generally, says Jennifer Bosson, a masculinity researcher at the University of South Florida, is the concept of 'precarious masculinity.' ...Manhood is conceptualized as something that has to be earned ... And once you earn it, you have to defend it. It can be lost. Look at almost any culture ... and you’ll find that men, as a group, have higher status than women. But within men there are huge disparities. Cars, clothes, jawlines: Some guys have them and some don’t. For the have-nots, it feels like they’re not reaping the benefits of being in the dominant group, like they’re being denied what’s owed to them. When women lack power we’re just like, ‘Oh I’m a woman' ... When men lack power, they’re like, ‘Hey, this isn’t fair.’

In other words, the incel phenomenon has nothing to do with sex — duh — and everything to do with entitlement."

"rape isn't about sex, it's about power." :lul:

shut your dumbass up foid.

Cleavage

Over-complication as always by so-called experts (they interpret stuff all the time and think of ulterior motives, while it isn't so deep really). And yes, status/etc. is also a driving force behind the plight of inceldom, because it affects almost every aspect of your life by robbing you of motivation and because lacking looks/mental disorders also affect other aspects in life apart from dating like finding a job/etc.
"rape isn't about sex, it's about power." :lul:

shut your dumbass up foid.

View attachment 425440

No offense but why did you link an article with a gay guy?

Over-complication as always by so-called experts (they interpret stuff all the time and think of ulterior motives, while it isn't so deep really). And yes, status/etc. is also a driving force behind the plight of inceldom, because it affects almost every aspect of your life by robbing you of motivation and because lacking looks/mental disorders also affect other aspects in life apart from dating like finding a job/etc.

I get that status can be a factor in inceldom, but I really don't get that it's the driving force. Many incels have attained success by the standards of their communities, but they're still incel. I think "stutus" is a downstream effect of the true causes of inceldom.

He's equating incels with Elliot Rodger. What a retard.
Also, this

Because at least I wouldn't have thought that guys not into women could be incel. But if they can think of themselves as incel, then to me that argues the social conditions enabling the growth of inceldom have become so widespread that it takes epic denial not to acknowlege them--as I think the author and researcher in this article are demonstrating.

Why is a woman researching masculinity & not a man.

The one thing I will say is there are incels that have most stuff in order but fail with women & then there are those of us lacking fucking everything from friends to job prospects & everything in between.

a masculinity researcher
:lul::lul::lul:
What’s at the heart of Erik’s experience, and the incel phenomenon more generally, says Jennifer Bosson, a masculinity researcher at the University of South Florida, is the concept of “precarious masculinity.”

“Manhood is conceptualized as something that has to be earned,” she said. “And once you earn it, you have to defend it. It can be lost.”

Look at almost any culture, she adds, and you’ll find that men, as a group, have higher status than women. But within men there are huge disparities. Cars, clothes, jawlines: Some guys have them and some don’t. For the have-nots, it feels like they’re not reaping the benefits of being in the dominant group, like they’re being denied what’s owed to them.
these "researchers" are autistic as fuck. inserting their knowledge from their textbooks into every situation where it doesn't belong. rrrright. inceldom has nothing to do with being starved of basic needs. It's all le toxic masculinity and entitlement. How does she come up with this shit? fucking hell.
In other words, the incel phenomenon has nothing to do with sex — duh — and everything to do with entitlement.
2qmyau

My personal theory is that it was the online forums, the constantly updated cheering section of like-minded misanthropes, that turned people like Minassian into monsters.
:lul: :lul: :lul:

Last edited:
Low key fag promotion thread.

Everyone knows gays can't be Incels.

Fucking excel! (What a spreadshit!)

Proof you don't even need average IQ to write for a newsbullshitter.

I know. I thought this was funny, too.
:lul::lul::lul:

these "researchers" are autistic as fuck. inserting their knowledge from their textbooks into every situation where it doesn't belong. rrrright. inceldom has nothing to do with being starved of basic needs. It's all le toxic masculinity and entitlement. How does she come up with this shit? fucking hell.

Thanks for this. One of the reasons I posted here. These are the people shaping the so-called "academic" discourse on inceldom. They're essentially painting incels--all incels--as entitled pricks. We just want million-dollar mansions (instead of basic, safe housing), brand new Teslas (instead of vital, functional transportation), and $1K luxury meals (instead of necessary food). We're "entitled." Never mind that psychology itself recognizes sex and intimacy as basic human drives AND needs. Or that medicine finds again and again that healthy sex confers a bounty of physiological and cognitive benefits. If you want what nearly every other human being craves at SOME point but you never get it and feel bad, you're ENTITLED.

Last edited:
When women lack power they screech, shame others, take off their clothes in shitty protests and yell about muh vagina until they get what they want. Fuck this soy author, there's no reason to complicate inceldom besides the same old narrative about entitlement. Fags are also simps as you can see.

You should be banned for posting this faggotry
Low key fag promotion thread.

Everyone knows gays can't be Incels.

Fucking excel! (What a spreadshit!)
This.

I fail to stick my dick in a pussy, that's why I'm incel. None of this entitlement crap. If incels were entitled to sex they'd be trying to grasp women and forcing themselves on them like some low IQ middle eastern barbarian.