Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Imagine being a stand up comedian

Nordicel94

Nordicel94

Pancake-faced viking-cel
★★★
Stand up comedy is an attempt to statusmaxx through extreme jestermaxxing. Most stand up comedians are ugly as shit (that's why they take a crack at being a stand up comedian in the first place).

So they write jokes, put their heart and soul into material. Then they go to open mics in front of a crowd of 20 people and throughout years of blood sweat and tears they try to come up and get bigger venues and audiences with funnier material and lots of marketing. Most often they cannot sustain themselves on their gigs alone so they're working a 9-5 for the most part as their main income.

The problem is that 99% don't make it big enough to get any ROI. Sure, if you've got your own comedy special on Netflix, you'll be able to get foids by having famemaxxed, but most guys who even achieve moderate success will not have groupies wanting to bang them after the show or even making comfortable money from their shows.

They spend their entire lives clowning around on stage to entertain people (often couples), desperately trying to make up for their genetic deficiencies. Don't get me wrong, stand up comedy can be funny, but it's such an obvious strategy and an extreme example of "just be funny bro, girls love funny guys". After the show, most stand up comedians will be lonely in their apartment manically thinking about how to make normies laugh, when the HTN-guy who just chuckled at his show is plowing his gf.

I think getting into stand up comedy is brave but foolish.

I agree that most stand up comedians are ugly and in reality their stand ups are just a sexual strategy that their brain came up with, but at the end of the day is it really bad thing? You have to do something in life anyway.

Most stand-up comics fail very quickly
It is very hard to even be a decent comedian

I agree that most stand up comedians are ugly and in reality their stand ups are just a sexual strategy that their brain came up with, but at the end of the day is it really bad thing? You have to do something in life anyway.
True, it's a sexual strategy like any other male endeavour but I think it's a very mean life. Imagine bombing, having a video being put on Instagram, being flamed. It's definitely a high effort low reward strategy for 99% of the guys, but I guess if it's something you're kind of good at and enjoy, there's no harm in doing it. They just shouldn't be too optimistic and think that they'll sell out arenas and have stacies thrown at them, even if they grind for 20 years.

meh for most people it's the same as any other hobby

meh for most people it's the same as any other hobby
I wouldn't say that exactly, stand up comedy is creating a public persona, it's more of a career ladder that they're trying to climb. It's a brand and it's a business. I guess it's a hobby if you set your ceiling at doing open mics now and then, but I'm talking about the guys trying to hone their craft and make it in showbusiness.

Most do it because they fall for bluepill crap like "girls like funny guys", and if you come across these comedians they're usually super bluepilled cucks.

I wouldn't say that exactly, stand up comedy is creating a public persona, it's more of a career ladder that they're trying to climb. It's a brand and it's a business. I guess it's a hobby if you set your ceiling at doing open mics now and then, but I'm talking about the guys trying to hone their craft and make it in showbusiness.
I mean many people would like a career which is relatively recreational or creative, like stand-up comedy

but generally most won't get one

things like poetry or drama or singing also have tons of people who perform at lower levels, but may or may not want to do better than that. people who play sports would often like to do it professionally, but eventually they still enjoy it at lower levels

modern stand-up comedy is full of gays, and has many foids in it as well. it's generally awful, but there were decent comedians in the past

it's not that different from most performance-based hobbies imo, plus the community was typically more introverted and weird so people might get along with others there

What's the deal with Ovaltine?

The jar is round.

The cup is round.

They should call it roundteen!

Jestermaxxers are some of the lowest forms of normies

I can imagine a group of people laughing at me, that's as close as I get

Trying to make normies laugh sounds cringey.

The successful stand ups are all tall chads. Andrew Shultz, Bo Burnham to name a few. Otherwise they get heckled off the stage by other jestermaxers in the crowd. Brutal.