Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I'm still afraid of the dark as a grown man

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
Seriously I hate being in the dark, I just never feel safe or calm in darkness. It's totally irrational, and I don't even know why I'm like this. Maybe it's meaningless, as I have bad anxiety in general, so it could be that it's just elevated when I can't see shit.

I love the dark.Its calming and quiet

Same. When I was a kid I always feared that a nigger or a dog could appear out of nowhere. Now I'm a bit less afraid of it but it still makes me slightly uncomfortable.

Seriously I hate being in the dark, I just never feel safe or calm in darkness. It's totally irrational
It's actually totally rational. We are biologically designed to fall asleep at night in the safety of our homes. The dark belongs to degenerates and freaks. Nothing good happens after 2AM, your decision making is impaired from being tired and/or drunk, and the dark makes it harder to anticipate attacks.

I only get afraid of the dark when I'm high

I like the dark, it hides my bad skin and subhumanness.

the dark rarely bothers me but this one time last year i was outside and i heard this cackle like the inbred hillybillies from wrong turn the film and it scared the shit out of me i am pretty sure some one from the local town was having a sick joke on me never did find out who it was but when i do i will give them something to think about.

When I was a kid I always feared that a nigger or a dog could appear out of nowhere.
This is why I feel uneasy walking around at night tbh
I have dreams about being attacked by dogs and people a lot too

When i was younger i preferred to hunt at night. Me and my dog would walk the woods and my dog would tree us up some varmints! Out come the light and pop! Goes the dinner!

Bon temps 'mi!

Seriously I hate being in the dark, I just never feel safe or calm in darkness. It's totally irrational, and I don't even know why I'm like this. Maybe it's meaningless, as I have bad anxiety in general, so it could be that it's just elevated when I can't see shit.
meditation in darkness will fer u

Isn't being afraid of the dark quit normal? I would guess that most people secretly are, they just never tell anybody about it.

I use to be, matter of fact as a kid i had to keep the lights on or else i could not sleep now i can't sleep unless it is pitch black with absoulty no sound (i use ear plugs) basically i make myself as close to dead as possible.

Isn't being afraid of the dark quit normal? I would guess that most people secretly are, they just never tell anybody about it.
yes bro
Its a natural instinct , even tho it reduces with age .

Same. Must be an incel trait?

not me, im always in darkness, i wish paranormal shit was real and a ghost could haunt me, they'd be more welcoming than real humans