Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I'm pretty sure I'm a vulnerable narcissist

BlackPill Scholar

BlackPill Scholar

Sagittalcel
★★★★★
Never knew what this term was but I've just watched a few videos and read about it and I exhibit every symptom.

A description:
The most prominent of vulnerable narcissism traits is a constant victimization mentality. They are always the victim, and always require sympathetic attention. They are emotionally draining to be around. Mostly because of how sensitive they are on top of being emotionally demanding. Their mission in life is to get the people around them to see them as the perfect creatures they are. Vulnerable narcissists are quite prone to developing depression. The life they live does not meet the fantasy of the life they feel entitled to. Vulnerable narcissists are one of the few people who make threats of self-harm in order to get attention. They rarely follow through with it. Vulnerable narcissists mostly appear introverted and calm. But emotional regulation can still be difficult for the confusing self-esteem issues they have. The first line of narcissistic defenses includes being passive aggressive and shutting people out to punish them. They will always play the victim card because they will always see themselves as the victim. Regardless of the circumstances.

Some of my real life examples:

I threatened to kill myself and ran away for a period of time after being rejected in order to make the person feel bad, even disregarding the feelings of friends and family.

I almost had a period of narcissistic rage when a friend literally only said "no one cares" when I was talking about a political point. I almost raised my fist.

I constantly play the victim mentality to fish for sympathy from people. I always have it worse.

I get extreamly angry to almost the point of homicidal rage when someone insults my appearance or intelligence, even if minor. Usually not infront of them but I get fantasy pleasure of hurting them emotionally or physically in my mind.

I constantly alternate between feeling superior to everyone to feeling inferior. (Periods of extreamly high and extreamly low self esteem).

I feel bad about this, should I seek psychological help?

Last edited:
This describes me to a tee

Never knew what this term was but I've just watched a few videos and read about it and I exhibit every symptom.

A description:
The most prominent of vulnerable narcissism traits is a constant victimization mentality. They are always the victim, and always require sympathetic attention. They are emotionally draining to be around. Mostly because of how sensitive they are on top of being emotionally demanding. Their mission in life is to get the people around them to see them as the perfect creatures they are. Vulnerable narcissists are quite prone to developing depression. The life they live does not meet the fantasy of the life they feel entitled to. Vulnerable narcissists are one of the few people who make threats of self-harm in order to get attention. They rarely follow through with it. Vulnerable narcissists mostly appear introverted and calm. But emotional regulation can still be difficult for the confusing self-esteem issues they have. The first line of narcissistic defenses includes being passive aggressive and shutting people out to punish them. They will always play the victim card because they will always see themselves as the victim. Regardless of the circumstances.

Some of my real life examples:

I threatened to kill myself and ran away for a period of time after being rejected in order to make the person feel bad, even disregarding the feelings of friends and family.

I almost had a period of narcissistic rage when a friend literally only said "no one cares" when I was talking about a political point. I almost raised my fist.

I constantly play the victim mentality to fish for sympathy from people. I always have it worse.

I get extreamly angry to almost the point of homicidal rage when someone insults my appearance or intelligence, even if minor. Usually not infront of them but I get fantasy pleasure of hurting them emotionally or physically in my mind.

I constantly alternate between feeling superior to everyone to feeling inferior. (Periods of extreamly high and extreamly low self esteem).

I feel bad about this, should I seek psychological help?

Being narcissistic is just being an American. It would be unusual if you were not narcissistic. Most Americans rate around 16 on the NPD test, which is way above average. Also all the evidence points toward most women (sexually) liking narcissism along with the other Machiavellian traits, so it's one of your attractive traits.

As far as it being negative, it depends on what axis you are narcissistic. Narcissism is like a bunch of things put together and given a label. Some rank overall narcissistic because they are very exploitative and bullying (but they don't feel special), other because they feel very special and often envious (but not exploitative). Some of these axes are obviously worse than others.

Narcissists who bully, harass, and exploit obviously should change their behaviour. Now is this a DISEASE? No... I haven't seen anything showing narcissism leads to a large amount of suicide or anything, afterall a narcissist is supposed to like him/herself.

Last edited:
Being narcissistic is just being an American.
I'm from the UK.
Being narcissistic is just being an American. It would be unusual if you were not narcissistic. Most Americans rate around 16 on the NPD test, which is way above average. Also all the evidence points toward most women (sexually) liking narcissism along with the other Machiavellian traits, so it's one of your attractive traits.

Some rank overall narcissistic because they are very exploitative and bullying (but they don't feel special), other because they feel very special and often envious (but not exploitative).
I definatly fit into the latter, I feel like I have a superiority complex and am also very sensitive. I'm not exploitative of people but usually quite envious.
Narcissists who bully, harass, and exploit obviously should change their behaviour. Now is this a DISEASE? No... I haven't seen anything showing narcissism leads to a large amount of suicide or anything, afterall a narcissist is supposed to like him/herself.
I don't bully/harass people. Maybe inside my mind but generally I've always been a quiet and timid person. I do sometimes get angry with someone else's behaviour, especially if I feel it's insulting, but in the moment I'm usually feeling more self pity and sadness and get the feelings of extreme anger long after any event has occurred.

I've read that vulnerable narcissists generally have high rates of depression and anxiety. I often feel superior and enjoy feeling superior but whenever said superiority is questioned it causes alot of sadness, anger and avoidence behaviour.

Sounds more like bipolar if youre not really exploitative, mood swings of superiority and inferiority also rather fit that, narcissists seem to have the contradictive trait of feeling inferior all the time but acting superior because they have an pathologic urge to affirm themselves through others, thus the manipulation. Homicidal rage also doesnt fit narcissism, wouldnt want to kill people you can use to feel better about yourself, would just feel extreme hatred for people that dont affirm you. Actually dont think that inceldom and narcissism are related at all, some symptoms are just the same, thought about making a thread about it some time.

Im an absolute amateur on this topic though, only make deductions from my own experience with people that seemed like narcissists, you should honestly go see a doctor if you consider yourself to fall under either category, can actually treat those with pills, I know sounds like shit advice but maybe it could make you feel a bit better, should take that chance if you can.

it's called Covert narcissism and it's way more difficult to spot than normal narcissism.
anyway who cares, a good personality wouldn't make you more successful with women

if you're truly ugly most of the social and romantic routes are blocked from u anyways, so whatever