Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Im mad at myself for not standing up for myself when I was younger

Popbob

Popbob

Banned
-
When I was younger whenever I would get picked on or disrespected I would never stand up for myself. No one ever taught me how to stand up for myself and how important standing up for yourself is. At a certain age I realized I need to start standing up for myself whenever I get disrespected but I think this caused me to be a little bit to defensive at times. Now I recognize this and I forgive myself for the mistakes that I made and learn from them instead of beating myself up about it. I really need to stop being too self critical I think its a major reason of my depression.

good thread, it's true

again, society is at fault

takura said:
nausea said:
good thread, it's true
again, society is at fault
Society is indeed at fault though ..
yea it's crystal clear

JFL at western societies

nausea said:
yea it's crystal clear

JFL at western societies

Western society is contributing and increasing hypergamy

Popbob said:
When I was younger whenever I would get picked on or disrespected I would never stand up for myself. No one ever taught me how to stand up for myself and how important standing up for yourself is. At a certain age I realized I need to start standing up for myself whenever I get disrespected but I think this caused me to be a little bit to defensive at times. Now I recognize this and I forgive myself for the mistakes that I made and learn from them instead of beating myself up about it. I really need to stop being too self critical I think its a major reason of my depression.

Don't be mad. You don't know what would have happened. Maybe they would have just come harder at you. Maybe they would have left you alone but still hated you and ignored you.

"Standing up to bullies" is another baby boomer cope that they gave kids but it contradicts the definition of bullying. Bullying = someone is more powerful than you and is abusing that power.

If someone harasses you but stops once you complain you are not a victim of bullying.

Eh I hate how you end up figuring things out in hind sight. But do you think being bullied and not sticking up for yourself caused your self loathing or do you think it was a symptom from it? 

For me I always hated myself as a young child and I would just let the bullies hurt me. It could be the same for you but I might be projecting.

iblamemyself said:
Don't be mad. You don't know what would have happened. Maybe they would have just come harder at you. Maybe they would have left you alone but still hated you and ignored you.

"Standing up to bullies" is another baby boomer cope that they gave kids but it contradicts the definition of bullying. Bullying = someone is more powerful than you and is abusing that power.

If someone harasses you but stops once you complain you are not a victim of bullying.

I would still rather stand up to them even if they came at me harder instead of sitting there and just taking it like a cuck

I always imagine how well I would handle a situation and the when it comes I do the opposite.