Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I'm losing my will to contribute to society

SociallyStupid

SociallyStupid

Major
★★★
Society tells you that they need engineers, but then engineers are "rewarded" with high virginity rates.

Probably they just want people who can't get laid to go in engineering so they contribute to society while enjoying the fruits of our labour with their families.

I don't know how long I am willing to do it that way. Essentially I feel exploited and lied to. They should have been honest and told me that to have any chance for a relationship, you should have studied something completely different.

And now with AI I will likely not have a job for that long anyway.

I plan to minimize my contribution to "society" by reaching FIRE (financial independence, retire early). Society has taken far more from me (taxes etc) than it will ever give back. No reason to do more once my basic needs are financially met

In fact, I really can't think of much society has "given" me. Some degree of police/military/fire protection and some shitty half broken roads to drive on (all of which is paid for through my taxes). Same for my education, either paid via taxes or directly.

I plan to minimize my contribution to "society" by reaching FIRE (financial independence, retire early). Society has taken far more from me (taxes etc) than it will ever give back. No reason to do more once my basic needs are financially met
Good choice. My taxes support people who I certainly don't want to support, maybe I can get some of it back.
In fact, I really can't think of much society has "given" me. Some degree of police/military/fire protection and some shitty half broken roads to drive on (all of which is paid for through my taxes). Same for my education, either paid via taxes or directly.
Yeah.

This. I live in a society that hates me, I will be damned if I do more than I have to.

You have to be the best version of yourself. Go all out, suffer and see that in the end it was either worthless or not.

Or you can just join Neets.net thats also an option :feelshmm:

Honestly I think it's incidental. No point in having unhappy engineers (remember nerd king Feynman got laid plenty).
Can't blame anybody for not wanting to contribute.

Society tells you that they need engineers, but then engineers are "rewarded" with high virginity rates.

Probably they just want people who can't get laid to go in engineering so they contribute to society while enjoying the fruits of our labour with their families.

I don't know how long I am willing to do it that way. Essentially I feel exploited and lied to. They should have been honest and told me that to have any chance for a relationship, you should have studied something completely different.

And now with AI I will likely not have a job for that long anyway.
I too was engineer bro.
(Mechanical and fabrication)

Ofc, that was long before cad was popular and them robot machine making thingys existed.

Give me an antique lathe and milling machine and I can make you a (non-revolving) gun or a jet engine. Or just some boring old car parts...

If you are young and have the resources to tool up, there's BIG money in specialized fabrication!

"If you can make it, they will come..."

Honestly I think it's incidental. No point in having unhappy engineers (remember nerd king Feynman got laid plenty).
I don't think it's incidental. Engineers are trained to be honest because you cannot lie to nature: If you want a working product, you have to make it according to the laws of physics. This training bites them in the ass when it comes to relationships where people want to be manipulated and honesty is the worst policy.

Meanwhile I am melting in RAGE every single day for related reasons.

I don't think it's incidental. Engineers are trained to be honest because you cannot lie to nature: If you want a working product, you have to make it according to the laws of physics. This training bites them in the ass when it comes to relationships where people want to be manipulated and honesty is the worst policy.
I mean sure, certain personality types do enter certain professions, but you can's seriously believe an engineer is intrinsically incapable of lying once he's an engineer. Consistency and obeisance in one area does not at all imply the same loyalties in other aspects.