Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel I'm incapable of taking selfies

Joelossus

Joelossus

high T af, and a psychopath
-
I'm not even exaggerating, it's honestly not possible for me to take a picture of myself. Every time i open the front camera of my phone, and look at myself, i feel so disgusted by how I look, that i have to instantly close it again. The thought of actually taking a picture, fills me with anxiety, since i know, that i will look even worse in it, than i normally do, because i will see myself in reverse which i'm obviously not used to. I can't even endure the pain i feel when looking at old pictures of myself who were taken by some family members, it's still very hard for me to accept how ugly i'm actually am. Do any of you guys feel the same way about taking selfies?

yes man. I’ve only taken a handful of pictures over the last 8 years. One of the reasons I started cutting my own hair was to avoid seeing my reflection in the mirror at the barber. Seeing myself outside of my bathroom mirror makes me sick for the rest of the day.

yes man. I’ve only taken a handful of pictures over the last 8 years. One of the reasons I started cutting my own hair was to avoid seeing my reflection in the mirror at the barber. Seeing myself outside of my bathroom mirror makes me sick for the rest of the day.
Ngl, i also started to cut my own hair, due to the exect same reason as you. I also couldn't stand the small talk you have to engage into while being at the barbers.

My last attempt of taking selfie sucked. Tried in bright light, without anglemaxxing. Thats was year ago

Ngl, i also started to cut my own hair, due to the exect same reason as you. I also couldn't stand the small talk you have to engage into while being at the barbers.
For years I would always feel like shit after getting a haircut. As the hairdresser would cut my hair, I would look at myself in the mirror and imagine just how revolting it jut be for her to touch my disgusting head. I hated the small talk too. It’s so forced and unnatural. Shit was traumatizing tbh.

For years I would always feel like shit after getting a haircut. As the hairdresser would cut my hair, I would look at myself in the mirror and imagine just how revolting it jut be for her to touch my disgusting head. I hated the small talk too. It’s so forced and unnatural. Shit was traumatizing tbh.
Very true. I'm so glad i've made the decision to cut my own hair. Ironically enough, i would even go so far to say, that my hair looks better since i do it myself.

Ironically enough, i would even go so far to say, that my hair looks better since i do it myself.
Same. Your hairstyle should be based off your skull shape. Most stylists are unaware of that.

Luckily i can fake myself in selfies to look like a high tier normie. Sadly i can't do this IRL when in public. Also, here's some tips to look better in selfies.
Find out which angles you look best in. Secondly, style your hair to accent your face shape. Squint your eyes JUST a tiny bit, enough to increase your chadmaxxing, but not enough to make you look like an idiot on drugs. Make sure you take said photos after you've been washed. Style your facial hair if necessary. Use lighting along with camera angles to tone in the best version of yourself that is "natural". Using makeup and photo editing is lying, but as long as everything is practical and done in camera, it will look real.

I never take selfies

You need to zoom to reduce the lens distorsion btw.

I only have a few pictures of myself. They make me cringe. Fml.

i hate seeing my alien skull fuck selfies

I only have my picture taken when it’s absolutely necessary (in most cases).

front camera is fucking rope fuel

I personally don't like taking selfies or being in a picture in general.

Selfies are for normies, I never take any.

Do any of you guys feel the same way about taking selfies?
Only when other people see my pictures, but I don't take selfies now. It's just that I've been through all the emotions which are invoked upon seeing myself so many times, I've pretty much accepted that I'm ugly, still makes me sad though if nothing else.

Last edited:
I look uglier in photos than when I see myself in the mirror. Maybe I'm just uglier than I thought I was.