Overlord
★★★★★
106d 8h 4m
Idlevillagercel

Idlevillagercel

[...]
★★★★★
80d 19h 35m
I was too late for that thread, the vocaroos were deleted. I wish I could have heard his voice haha

BANG

BANG

Veteran
★★★
4d 7h 45m
Saber

Saber

Veteran
14d 7h 18m
My dad has been massively radicalized towards Q, and generally the conspiracy right for the last four years, and he also cannot stand being told what to do. I’m 18, but I live at home for the time being since my college is close by.

So naturally, when lockdown started, he refused to enforce our state’s mask mandate in his business. My mom is a nurse, and we both had huge fights with him over it(she’s into conspiracies too, but nowhere near as far gone). No matter how hard we fought, no matter if I refused to speak to him or the fact that this nearly ended his and my mom’s marriage, we could. Not. Get him to put on a damn mask at work. It was a huge victory when he’d wear one to the store. Eventually, we sorta forgot about it, since he became more distant as I revealed that I...you know...took the pandemic seriously and all. Eventually, I ended up in the car with him around New Years, and he called his secretary(and sister...who’s probably even more into Q than he is) to tell her he would be in late because I was having car trouble. Well she sounded HORRIBLE, she could barely talk and she was coughing every other word. I told her that she needed to leave immediately, because she was obviously sick, but dad cut me off and said “we need her in for a meeting today, I don’t care if she’s sick or not”. Dad went to the office, and then my family saw my grandma for New Years.(she lives very very close to us and I didn’t want to go, but when you live at home with a very “we’re the parents and you’ll do what we say when we say it” family there’s not much you can do) As you might imagine, dad was coughing his lungs up the entire time, and I tried my hardest to avoid him, but two days later I started coughing too and mom generally felt like crap. For context, mom has a preexisting condition(type 1 diabetes), dad’s lungs are shot from years of heavy smoking, and my grandma was finishing up recovery from a knee replacement. Mom was able to get tested immediately since she worked at the hospital, but I waited a day since I had so little energy I couldn’t drive myself. In the day we waited, mom came back positive, dad refused to get tested, and CONTINUED TO GO INTO WORK. He told mom that she “wasn’t really positive” because “the hospital gets paid every time they get a positive test” and that “[my name] won’t test positive because she’s being tested by the health department” My results came back positive He shut up pretty damn fast about that After this, we all assumed that he just had covid, because we had to get it somewhere, and begged him not to go to work and spread it further, but he claimed he was fine, and that his work was more important, so he continued to go Mom almost divorced him over this. She should’ve Skipping ahead to the end of my contagious period, I ended up in the hospital because of how short of breath I was. Since I’m 18 and they wanted to do some kinda high demand tests on me, I ended up staying overnight in Pediatrics instead of going to the emergency room. Because I was in Peds, dad was allowed to stay with me(because he would’ve ended his contagious period before me, and mine was over) The doctors were great, but he insisted on borderline yelling about his conspiracies the entire time(it was around inauguration day at this point, so he was gearing up for some violent bs I suppose) and hoo boy did he have some problems when the doctor told me he had received his second shot that day. The doctor while trying to make small talk asked me if I planned to get the vaccine, and my heart sank. I had been avoiding talking about it with dad for genuine fear of being kicked out, but I couldn’t tell the doctor I didn’t. So I told him the truth and said as SOON AS POSSIBLE, the second I could get in line I wanted the shot, because holy shit covid sucks and I never want it again. Dad was pissed at me, and after I got home(tests came back okay, no heart or lung trouble, working on getting an inhaler cause breathing is still hard almost two months later) he gave out my number to all his work buddies so they could send me vaccine conspiracies and Q stuff. I’m an 18 year old woman...excuse me if I get angry when my dad gives my number to strangers more than double my age to harass me. I had come to terms with really losing dad back in the fall, but to think he would knowingly endanger my entire family hit me in a different place entirely, the effect is still felt at this house, and mom and I still suffer from breathing issues and low energy. I’m a dancer, so not being able to breathe well is agonizing for me in the studio. I genuinely don’t think I’ll ever forgive him for this, he still doesn’t wear a mask at work, or make anyone else wear one either, us getting sick AGAIN is honestly likely. My parents try to control my finances as much as possible, and I can’t get a job currently, so I can’t move out to avoid the mental and physical harm of living with people so divorced from reality. It uh..sucks pretty bad, sorry for such a long and incoherent vent, I’ve been lurking here for a while n made an account to get it off my chest. TLDR: Dad got my entire family sick w covid, we have lasting effects from it, he’ll probably do it again too.