Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Ignoring pedestrians

D

Darkoff

Self-banned
-
When I was around 18, walking home, there was this section of the street that was very narrow because of a building site meaning that you couldn't have people walking in the opposite direction at the same time because there wasn't enough space. So I'm walking through this narrow path thingy and at the end there's a few people who are waiting to go in the opposite direction once I've gone through. As I exit the narrow path and walk past these people waiting I hear this old lady who's in a wheelchair say something like "he didn't even thank us for waiting" sounding really confused and offended. Why should I have thanked them? Thanked them for what? They didn't have a choice but to wait for me to get through the path so that they could then go. So I should've thanked them for the fact that they could've not waited for me to get through the path meaning that I would either get run over by the wheelchair or have to magically turn into a ghost to get through them? Makes no sense.

Another time when I was 18 or 19, in college, walking through the corridors with a classmate, this teacher walking in the opposite direction to us stopped so that me and my classmate could get past because there was this section where only one of the doors of these double doors could open. As we walked past the teacher he said "thank you is what you say" in a really condescending way and because this was so unexpected I just kinda zoned out and it took me about thirty seconds to figure out and remember what he actually said. I think this situation would've been much more suitable for a thank you than the last one but there was no need for him to be short-tempered.

I just realised now that if I was the teacher in that situation and I didn't get a thanks it would just be normal to me so I wouldn't think anything of it. Maybe because of his height and looks he's not as used to being ignored and therefore has a lower threshold for feeling disrespected. Similar can be applied to the previous story.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a big deal. Oh no, you didn't say thank you my life is forever ruined noooooo.

I bet all the people in these stories forgot about the incident the next hour while you dwell on it years later. Just forget about it.

you are not entitled to a thank you sweet

I don't think it's a big deal. Oh no, you didn't say thank you my life is forever ruined noooooo.

I bet all the people in these stories forgot about the incident the next hour while you dwell on it years later. Just forget about it.
I don't dwell on the experience in such a bad way. I'd say I dwell on it more in confusion

I just remembered now that I was never taught so-called manners at home.

When I would go to friends houses as a kid their parents would always remind me to say please and thanks because I never had to say it at home.

Based fuck these normies fuckers ignore them at all cost even if they were bleeding out