Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over if you want to see the ugliest version of yourself

• Thread starter Deleted member 21908
  • Start date
Deleted member 21908

Deleted member 21908

Self-banned
-
most of u don't have anyone to call you but my mom used facetime to call me and holy shit I've never seen myself ever look that bad before lmao I thought I was a 4/10 or some shit but I legit looked like a 2/10 when I saw myself in that camera.. shit's even worse than mirrors

mirrors are the most accurate on how you will look in real life -.-

>inb4 cameras distort your face
Cope. It's what others see. Take a video of yourself, but place the camera further away so that any "distortion" is minimal or nonexistant. That's what you look like to other people. Modern smartphone cameras are more than good enough, especially from further away. Basically, you're seeing what other people see when they look at you and your brain simply isn't used to it, but it's a much more accurate representation of what you look like to other people.
mirrors are the most accurate on how you will look in real life -.-
Cope. The most accurate is candid video footage. Basically, someone else recording you without your knowledge, preferably surrounded by other people. Candid photos are a close second followed by regular photos.

Your brain has a way to cope with being sexually unattractive so it changes the perception of yourself in the mirror. You also tend to adjust your face and angles when looking at the mirror which is frauding.

Chad looks attractive in all photos, cameras, angles and lighting.

Last edited:
cheap computer webcam is even worse than cellphone front camera, if you somehow get some hope and need an emergency blackpill, just get into a room with bad lighting and see yourself in the laptop camera, any thoughts of putting yourself out there will go away for good

Cope. It's what others see. Take a video of yourself, but place the camera further away so that any "distortion" is minimal or nonexistant. That's what you look like to other people. Modern smartphone cameras are more than good enough, especially from further away.

Cope. The most accurate is candid video footage. Basically, someone else recording you without your knowledge, preferably surrounded by other people.
based and blackpilled

Cope. It's what others see. Take a video of yourself, but place the camera further away so that any "distortion" is minimal or nonexistant. That's what you look like to other people. Modern smartphone cameras are more than good enough, especially from further away.

Cope. The most accurate is candid video footage. Basically, someone else recording you without your knowledge, preferably surrounded by other people. Candid photos are a close second.
True mirror (non-reflected) is most accurate, but camera >> mirror.

@Einon is this true?

What people need to understand is that your brain fucks with you. Have you ever looked at good quality photos of your family members? They tend to look almost identical in photos and IRL, but you tend to look much more subhuman in photos than in the mirror. Do others try to convince you that you look "fine" in photos? Fine meaning the same as in person.
Think about why that is and stop coping.

A few months ago my mom asked me to take photos of her because she wanted to see how she looks like in photos. She said the photos looked terrible compared to what she sees in the mirror, but all I saw was my mom. She looked the same to me and so does my sister, dad and everyone else I know. Have you ever looked at your school photos? Everyone looks normal or the way you see them IRL, but your own face stands out.

Your brain is absolutely not used to seeing your body and face from other people's perspectives (photos) so when it does happen it's basically a shock, but it's reality.
There was no way for us to see ourselves from other people's perspectives for hundreds of thousands of years and suddenly we have cameras which are basically like other people's perspectives. We can now see what others see when they look at us and our brains aren't evolved for that, but it is evolved to look at reflections which are "normalized" and corrected by the brain to cope.

Last edited:
Yeah there's a scientific reason behind it! Because when you see yourself in the mirror your face is flipped horizontally. It's not the real "you" that everyone else sees...
You get used to seeing yourself in the mirror every day so that's the version of yourself you find most attractive. But that's not how other people AND cameras see you. Also, the human face isn't perfect. It's not 100% symmetrical. Your left ear might be a SLIGHTLY lower than your right. Or your right eye might be SLIGHTLY higher than your left, etc. Subtle variations and flaws in your face might not stand out to you since you get used to seeing yourself. But once things are flipped around you see yourself in another perspective - so you notice the minor flaws. And THAT'S why mirrors lie.

Use your front camera for even worse results

The mirror is more accurate, since it doesn't exhibit any optical aberrations. You can't achieve that with any camera. Only flat mirrors can do this. Now flat mirrors have one disadvantage: they mirror you.

The mirror is more accurate, since it doesn't exhibit any optical aberrations. You can't achieve that with any camera. Only flat mirrors can do this. Now flat mirrors have one disadvantage: they mirror you.
The mirror is more accurate only in the way that it shows your brain what it expects to see. Other people don't see what you see when you look at yourself in the mirror. They don't see a reflection of you with all the facial and angle frauding that you subconsciously do when looking in the mirror, but that's also beside the point. What matters is your own brain. To others, you probably always look the same whether it's IRL, in photos or in the mirror.

Cameras are very close to human eyes in their ability to accurately process visual information which is why other people tend to look normal to you in photos and video footage, but you always stand out or look "off."
Again, place the camera 10ft away and record yourself. That is 99.9999999% what people see. Your brain doesn't expect to see other people's points of view (because it's impossible without man-made technology) which is why it experiences a bit of a shock, but it's also the reality of what you look like to others.

Another thing you can try is record yourself with your family or have someone record you and your family together. Your family members will look like they always look, but you will stand out to yourself. Others will deny it and say you look normal.

Last edited:
Yeah photos are worst than pictures

Use your front camera for even worse results
that might bring to the brink of roping
The mirror is more accurate only in the way that it shows your brain what it expects to see. Other people don't see what you see when you look at yourself in the mirror. They don't see a reflection of you with all the facial and angle frauding that you subconsciously do when looking in the mirror, but that's also beside the point. What matters is your own brain. To others, you probably always look the same whether it's IRL, in photos or in the mirror.

Cameras are very close to human eyes in their ability to record information.
Again, place the camera 10ft away and record yourself. That is 99.9999999% what people see. Your brain doesn't expect to see other people's points of view which is why it experiences a bit of a shock, but it's also the reality of what you look like to others.
interesting, might have to try this and get a glimpse of reality

Last edited:
The mirror is more accurate only in the way that it shows your brain what it expects to see. Other people don't look at you and see what you see when you look at yourself in the mirror. They don't see a reflection of you with all the facial and angle frauding that you subconsciously do when looking in the mirror.
Cameras are very close to human eyes in their ability to record information.
Again, place the camera 10ft away and record yourself. That is 99.9999999% what people see.
i dont have a good enough camera :cryfeels:

I don't take selfies, let me just say that.

most of u don't have anyone to call you but my mom used facetime to call me and holy shit I've never seen myself ever look that bad before lmao I thought I was a 4/10 or some shit but I legit looked like a 2/10 when I saw myself in that camera.. shit's even worse than mirrors

Same

I was mucking about with the camera on my new phone and decided to take a pic of my self I wont be doing it again the results nearly made me sick.

interesting, might have to try this and get a glimpse of reality
Just think about it. Have you ever noticed how other people close to you tend to look identical in photos, video and IRL? They never really significantly stand out or you never tell yourself "damn, my dad looks like a different person in photos compared to IRL."

I was at my sister's wedding a few years ago and people took photos and video footage. Everyone looked normal (normal meaning the same as IRL), but I looked very off and much less attractive than in the mirror. What I was in fact seeing is what other people see when they look at me.
The brain is not ready for that kind of information.

Obviously, front facing camera selfies from 10" away when looking down are not that accurate, but people underestimate modern smarphone cameras. A camera 10ft away is very accurate if you want to visualize what others see.
I was mucking about with the camera on my new phone and decided to take a pic of my self I wont be doing it again the results nearly made me sick.
Show those photos to your family members and they'll see you the way they always see you. They'll claim you look normal because that is indeed what you look like.

People need to stop parroting outdated bullshit concepts they learned about on reddit. Think for yourself and think about what you're actually seeing and experiencing.

Last edited:
try catching a glimpse of yourself on your screen when it goes black JFL

Honestly fakecel if you don’t want to do :kys: after seeing a pic of yourself

Cope. It's what others see. Take a video of yourself, but place the camera further away so that any "distortion" is minimal or nonexistant. That's what you look like to other people. Modern smartphone cameras are more than good enough, especially from further away. Basically, you're seeing what other people see when they look at you and your brain simply isn't used to it, but it's a much more accurate representation of what you look like to other people.

Cope. The most accurate is candid video footage. Basically, someone else recording you without your knowledge, preferably surrounded by other people. Candid photos are a close second followed by regular photos.

Your brain has a way to cope with being sexually unattractive so it changes the perception of yourself in the mirror. You also tend to adjust your face and angles when looking at the mirror which is frauding.

Chad looks attractive in all photos, cameras, angles and lighting.
Brutal tbh

Cope. Back camera of your phone is how you look irl.(dedsrs)
Specifically back camera 10ft away. It's very accurate with minimal to no distortion. Again, others tend to look identical IRL and in photos, why are you yourself suddenly an exception?
It's cope.

Specifically back camera 10ft away. It's very accurate with minimal to no distortion. Again, others tend to look identical IRL and in photos, why are you yourself suddenly an exception?
It's cope.
I dont know, i can somewhat pass as normal looking guy when i take a selfie but i look 10 times worse when i take a picture with back camera. Its probably because im an asymmetrical piece of shit.

I dont know, i can somewhat pass as normal looking guy when i take a selfie but i look 10 times worse when i take a picture with back camera. Its probably because im an asymmetrical piece of shit.
This is why candid photos/video is by far the most accurate.
In selfies you fraud angles, facial expressions, lighting etc.
Unfortunately for you, the back camera from some distance away is more accurate than selfies.

This is why candid photos/video is by far the most accurate.
In selfies you fraud angles, facial expressions, lighting etc.
Unfortunately for you, the back camera from some distance away is more accurate than selfies.
:feelsrope: it never began, im literally deformed:cryfeels: