Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion If I'm 18 is it too late to start learning programming?

Yes, you needed to start that shit at 12 years old when your brain was malleable enough to truly absorb and process information. Way too late for you now.

I started at that age. Of course i hate to think that there are kids starting younger but whatever.
Have fun.

No,you can still do it.
Most programmers don't start at 12

Nope. I started 2 years ago, and I have one semester left of college. It's not that bad if you study and do code by yourself

Rh1m2ot2jarx

I started at that age. Of course i hate to think that there are kids starting younger but whatever.
Have fun.
okay thanks I will start C++ course I know a little bit but never went past basic stuff
No,you can still do it.
Most programmers don't start at 12
Nope. I started 2 years ago, and I have one semester left of college. It's not that bad if you study and do code by yourself

View attachment 215447
okay thanks guys
it's not too late, now stop being a lazy cunt and start coding
It will be hard because of years of ldaring but I hope Iwill make it I need to moneymaxxx

If you have the coders logic and can think in code it may not be over.

If you want to just get a wagecuck job then no. If you wanted to invent the next big thing then yes. All famous programmers were autists who started at like 9.

okay thanks I will start C++ course I know a little bit but never went past basic stuff
It's ok, i started with JavaScript. If you feel like giving up just try an interpreted language like JavaScript or python.

No, sql is not so hard and difficult

maybe as a hobby

I don’t know

My nigga, what the fuck. That's a perfectly normal age to learn coding, anyone who says anything else can suck on my loli dick and massive code portfolio pewpew.

IMO, No.

I started learning when I was 17 and that was good enough.

It's pretty early actually

It's easy as fuck, I started at 11
full

It's more like learning a language than it is like learning something like math. If you are good at learning languages you will be good at learning programming.

Whether you will be a good programmer is something else entirely.

You can do it. The real hard reason many coders stagnate is that they don't know how to work with others. Also simple code> complex code in many cases. So being newbie isn't necessarily bad.

I knew how to program when I was 8, 9, and 10 but once I entered middle school I just lost knowledge of it and rotted.

I don't see why it would be

Doesn’t rly matter what age, if u dont have the brain for it ur fucked

Yes you're too late. Sorry buddy boyo :feelsbadman:

Not too late at all.
Yes, you needed to start that shit at 12 years old when your brain was malleable enough to truly absorb and process information. Way too late for you now.

BS.

start with assembler, then C then C++ - thats one of the highest paid ones. Avoid cuck and normie langs like python java javascript.

Last edited:
No, most people start learning basic programming at the age of 16, but if you're determined enough you could probably master it.

fuck no, try to achieve as much as you can before you hit 25

Not too late. Lots of college kids choose cs with no prior programming knowledge and still end up getting a well-paid job after they graduate.
I would start with a high-level language that supports garbage collection. You don't want to start with C or C++, which will easily get you overwhelmed with the low level computer architectural concepts.
Python and Ocaml are good places to start but just make sure you don't get obsessed with OOP.

If you can do basic algebra then you’re good. I started when I was like 14
Not for me, Im decent at algebra but horrendously bad at programming

not rly tbh, self learning is usually faster than school anyways

bruh at 18 you're too old for anything

i agree

don't think so, but learning as an incel may or may not help you. You might get demotivated to learn because it may be difficult and your life is already shit, but it also might help in the fact that you can get good money out of it and moneymaxx for all sorts of copes

nope I know a teacher that started a similar IT field at 23 and had been an engineer for 20 years. He is mid 50s now and doing pretty well.

Nah but programming is cringe and cope

No. I started coding (mostly web d) when I was 17. I've become pretty good at by now.

18 is usually too late unless you're high iq.

The main idea behind learning programming(or web/graphics) design) is to become good enough to avoid office with normie scums but opt for remote job instead, so one can still isolate maxx and location maxx.

If the result is still an office job it will be pretty much over just with a lot of extra hustle and brain overtaxing - better just LDAR with favorite copes and "pray" they will not eventually expire.