Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I wish anime movies had more diversity in terms of genre

RechargedSamsung

RechargedSamsung

Recruit
★★★
I really am fucking tired of goddamn romance movies and franchises from shonen animes that are just canon there’s reason why i havent watched an anime in a long time probably been around 2 years since nothing that’s new that is hyped is interesting example jujutsu kaisen is the fucking same formula and tropes like naruto and with chainsaw man it feels the same with jujustu kaisen the only shonen i really ever enjoyed was fmab but enough with shows im getting off topic i’m really fucking tired of franchise movies i want something more like a Tarantino type anime movie like holy shit that one scene from kill bill where they talk about O-Renshi life into a anime i was really thinking to myself what if Tarantino made a 12 ep anime and thinking how cool it would be like the closest and it’s rare they put different genres in anime that isnt shonen/romance for example my favorite animes are cowboy bebop because it felt different compared to most animes i’ve seen and like with movies it feels all the same maybe im just fucking rambling on about shit but i really wish there where more anime shows and movies like right now that are like cowboy bebop smaurai champloo psycho pass perfect bkue tokyo godfathers paprika rip to satoshi kon one of my favorite Japanese directors up there with miyazaki for sure idk what im trying to say is that i wish anime movies in particular had new ideas

Anime Movies are created only for the profit so no shit they are so fucking bland nowadays, Japan is in deep shit since crash of 90s and still haven't recovered since they will do anything that brings them guaranteed profit they don't to risk it. We will never get a new Cowboy Bebop since it requires massive passion, money and talent which is not feasible since everything need to be safe, be on tight budget while being overworked to death since you are working on multiple projects at same time, and having very detailed scenes are discouraged while garbage cgi is forced on us.

Last edited:
I really am fucking tired of goddamn romance movies and franchises from shonen animes that are just canon there’s reason why i havent watched an anime in a long time probably been around 2 years since nothing that’s new that is hyped is interesting example jujutsu kaisen is the fucking same formula and tropes like naruto and with chainsaw man it feels the same with jujustu kaisen the only shonen i really ever enjoyed was fmab but enough with shows im getting off topic i’m really fucking tired of franchise movies i want something more like a Tarantino type anime movie like holy shit that one scene from kill bill where they talk about O-Renshi life into a anime i was really thinking to myself what if Tarantino made a 12 ep anime and thinking how cool it would be like the closest and it’s rare they put different genres in anime that isnt shonen/romance for example my favorite animes are cowboy bebop because it felt different compared to most animes i’ve seen and like with movies it feels all the same maybe im just fucking rambling on about shit but i really wish there where more anime shows and movies like right now that are like cowboy bebop smaurai champloo psycho pass perfect bkue tokyo godfathers paprika rip to satoshi kon one of my favorite Japanese directors up there with miyazaki for sure idk what im trying to say is that i wish anime movies in particular had new ideas
Anime used to be good maybe in the 90s

there is, you just don't look for it

Can you drop some recommendations? I would love to dabble back into it
if it's movies, Jin-Roh, Colorful, Kimi no Wa, Kara no Kyoukai, Paprika, Dead Dead Demons Dedede Destruction, Sakasama no Patema