Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I will nevER pronounce the country of Turkey as Türkiye (Apple already added the name to phones in an update)

Subhuman Niceguy

Subhuman Niceguy

Luminary
★★★★★
No.

The Czechs want to be known as, Czechia - many Americans can’t pronounce it correctly, I have heard “Che - chi - a” very often. Thank goodness, I heard the correct pronunciation of the country during the Euro tournament.

No, I will not say, “Türkiye”, absolutely not - I am not Mesut Özil.

View: https://youtu.be/zQ41hqlV0Kk?feature=shared

I don't really understand why they're forcing this change tbh

Obviously, as Turks ventured out of Turkey for business and emigration - they became tired of westerners saying “Turkey”, so the Turks wanted to change to a more ethnic-sounding name.

No.

The Czechs want to be known as, Czechia - many Americans can’t pronounce it correctly, I have heard “Che - chi - a” very often. Thank goodness, I heard the correct pronunciation of the country during the Euro tournament.

No, I will not say, “Türkiye”, absolutely not - I am not Mesut Özil.

View: https://youtu.be/zQ41hqlV0Kk?feature=shared

Me neither. I pronounce it how I do in my language, which is english

Obviously, as Turks ventured out of Turkey for business and emigration - they became tired of westerners saying “Turkey”, so the Turks wanted to change to a more ethnic-sounding name.
Didn't india want to change their name too

I don't really understand why they're forcing this change tbh
It’s mainly because, they did not want to be confused with the wild animal. I am not watching Turkey at the Euros today - because the poor Scottish commentator admitted that they “had” to refer to Turkey by its new name.

Europeans are asking for it - don’t be surprised when you meet an American who says, Che’chi’a.

It doesn't really matter. Pronounce, it how you want. Turkey shouldn't even be called turkey. Modern Turks hardly have any turkish DNA. Levantines and Turks are practically, the same people these days.

Didn't india want to change their name too
That would be pointless - an Indian is someone from India. In the United States we call the indigenous tribes people and their descendants, Native Americans. The term “Indian” is frowned upon.

They is fancy now