Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I went to the shelter and got the prettiest pussy they had

S

Silverandgold

Greycel
It’s a fluffy Persian cat. The person who worked there said she’s super friendly and a favorite of all the employees and volunteers. But she doesn’t seem to like me. The first thing she did when I brought her home and let her out of her carrier is pee on my foot. Then she scratched me when I pet her. And now she’s hiding under the bed and hisses at me when I try to get her out. Cat people here, how long does it take for a cat to like you?

Kittyes are kawaii
Nyazi

Why you didn't take the incel looking cat?
They'd surely put him down like many of them.

Cat people here, how long does it take for a cat to like you?

How sure are you the shelter wasn't just lying to you to offload a troublesome cat? Did you interact with it before adoption?

Pissing hissing and scratching are signs the cat is not sociable and has a poor temperament, probably from mistreatment. The best thing to do is to give it somewhere to rest, ideally high up (windowshelf with a blanket to sit on for example) so it can feel safe. A room that nobody goes in would be good.

Food and water nearby, along with a litter tray (not near the food/water though) if its an indoor cat. He needs to get comfortable and used to his environment, so don't bug him for a few days. Don't disturb the environment too much, give him a blanket he can sleep on to get his scent on. Then start by offering / placing down food, ideally a nice wet food or some cat treats. He will begin to associate you with pleasant experiences and be more comfortable. Don't stare at him, just act chill and relax around the house, he will eventually get comfortable with your presence and may even start to sit near you or want to be petted.

It might take a bit of time.

Why you didn't take the incel looking cat?
They'd surely put him down like many of them.
I wanted a cute cat. There were some ugly cats. Now that you mention it I feel bad. They will all get euthanized.
How sure are you the shelter wasn't just lying to you to offload a troublesome cat? Did you interact with it before adoption?

Pissing hissing and scratching are signs the cat is not sociable and has a poor temperament, probably from mistreatment. The best thing to do is to give it somewhere to rest, ideally high up (windowshelf with a blanket to sit on for example) so it can feel safe. A room that nobody goes in would be good.

Food and water nearby, along with a litter tray (not near the food/water though) if its an indoor cat. He needs to get comfortable and used to his environment, so don't bug him for a few days. Don't disturb the environment too much, give him a blanket he can sleep on to get his scent on. Then start by offering / placing down food, ideally a nice wet food or some cat treats. He will begin to associate you with pleasant experiences and be more comfortable. Don't stare at him, just act chill and relax around the house, he will eventually get comfortable with your presence and may even start to sit near you or want to be petted.

Thanks for all the advice. I will try that.

You know I didn’t think of the fact that they probably lied about her temperament. She’s not a young cat. She’s about 7. I figure she must’ve had some kind of bad living situation before being abandoned at the shelter.

I’m stupid and didn’t interact much with her before adopting. I saw her and fell in love with her looks and wanted her immediately. I guess I’m too superficial. Ironic since I’m ugly and incel.

Last edited:
Like all pets it takes a little time

My condolences.

Take it back and try again!

Persian cats are very stuck up. It will never change. (If its already old)

You want a buddy not an enemy in your home! Take it back if you can!

Wear thick gloves!

Cute as fuck tbh

I misread that as "the shitter" at first. JFL.

catfacts me