Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope I wanna be a readercel. Any tips?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21760
  • Start date
Deleted member 21760

Deleted member 21760

A 25 year old KHHTSLPTV
-
I'm too lazy to read books and I can't focus at all. I need to read a sentence four times to fully understand it

read light novels

Same to me i would like to cope with books but I'm too lazy to focus :cryfeels:

Start with short books I guess.

I would avoid modern books just like modern movies and series cus most of them are broad appeal, passionless SJW trash, mythology and classic dystopias mainly qualitymog 99.9% of modern literature.

I don't really care about reading novels and shit tbh.

I would LIKE to read philosophy and history/political books, but they go over my head most of the time. My reading comprehension isn't too bad, I just fall asleep half the time.

read fiction till ya get good and then cna read real shit. tho for an incel doesn't matter much what u read since no one listens to us anyway. I only read for entertainment and monk max nowadays

Same I want to become a bookworm. I was actually slowly getting into reading last summer but fucked up in fall. Haven't read shit in months.:feelsbadman:

I would avoid modern books just like modern movies and series cus most of them are broad appeal, passionless SJW trash, mythology and classic dystopias mainly qualitymog 99.9% of modern literature.
Same here. I prefer to read books written before the 1940s. Pretty much everything written after the 1940s is bullshit (I'm talking about literature ofc). I like mythology too. I've recentely read Norse Mythology by R. I. Page and Greek-Roman Mythology by Pierre Commelin (I don't know if there is an English translation) and a few days ago I bought The Prose Edda from the internet.

Last edited:
read the title and thought it said "i wanna become a retardcel" :feelskek:

Start with short books I guess.
Thanks. That's seems logical. I'm reading a Poe's short story (The Murders in the Ruge Morgue).
read the title and thought it said "i wanna become a retardcel" :feelskek:
Hahaha

I would LIKE to read philosophy and history/political books, but they go over my head most of the time. My reading comprehension isn't too bad, I just fall asleep half the time.
Yesterday I was reading Albert Camus' Myth of Sisyphus and it was hard as hell. After reading 50 pages or so I felt very exhausted mentally speaking. Philosophy needs extreme concentration...

Last edited:
Reading is not a habit that you start, it's a necessity, you are either reading bad books or too good for you.

Same to me i would like to cope with books but I'm too lazy to focus :cryfeels:
The Internet is the main problem of concentration.
Reading is not a habit that you start, it's a necessity, you are either reading bad books or too good for you.
I don't read in my native language and I suffer from a lack of concentration. I think the internet made reading very hard. Maybe I'm too low IQ...

Last edited:
For some reason, I find it easier to focus reading on my mobile phone. Might need to get a ereader.

Thanks. That's seems logical. I'm reading a Poe's short story (The Murders in the Ruge Morgue).
Oh ya, I forgot to mention, Metamorphosis by Kafka has around 20 pages and it's an incel-tier book.

Oh ya, I forgot to mention, Metamorphosis by Kafka has around 20 pages and it's an incel-tier book.
I've read it. It's awesome. Kafka was a protocel. Thanks for the suggestion tho

Start with the Greeks

Same I want to become a bookworm. I was actually slowly getting into reading last summer but fucked up in fall. Haven't read shit in months.:feelsbadman:

I need stimulants to keep me awake.

Improve your vocabulary first
81TA6VjkOL AC SL1500

This book is helpful and very easy to understand. It has quizzes too so it's not boring :D

buy a kindle and enjoy reading all the shit for free in anywhere you want to go

Modern books are actually worse than modern movies since books can get away with it more. Because Hollywood films cost so many millions of dollars to produce, millions of tickets have to be sold just to break even, so SJW nonsense has to be kept to an appropriate minimum so the film can have enough mass appeal to make a profit. Books don't have this problem. The actual content can be made with two crazy cat ladies (author and content editor) and some Indian laborer or unpaid intern (copy editor) in several months, a few thousand dollars for cover art, and the rest goes to marketing. As a result, you're hard-pressed to find a new book in 2019 where the protagonist isn't some gay midget tranny from Indonesia who defeats the dark lord Tonald Drump with a magic rainbow beam squeezed out his/her/its AIDS-infected cloaca.

First you need to find out what kind of genre you like.
Personally I like alternate history books, history books and memoirs written by veterans.
I just enjoy reading about battles, etc.
But just like you I'm lazy so it takes a while for me to finish a book that is around 400-500 pages.

I recommend you Charlotte's Web and Harry Potter :feelskek:

First you need to find out what kind of genre you like.
Personally I like alternate history books, history books and memoirs written by veterans.
I just enjoy reading about battles, etc.
But just like you I'm lazy so it takes a while for me to finish a book that is around 400-500 pages.
I love Fantasy, Gothic and Horror literature. But I feel a need to read philosophy books and other non-Fantasy/Horror novels.

Oh yeah I also recommend books like 'The Turner Diaries" for the lol.
I'm not crazily Alt-Right but it was actually an interesting and fun book to read.
But I feel a need to read philosophy books
Why? I don't like those since they're boring, beats the point of reading a book...

Oh yeah I also recommend books like 'The Turner Diaries" for the lol.
I'm not crazily Alt-Right but it was actually an interesting and fun book to read.
Thanks Hideki for the suggestion!

Thanks Hideki for the suggestion!
No problem, that is really the only suggestion I have lol.
All other books I've read are purely historical and aren't really fun to read unless you're interested in the era.

Just read bro

No problem, that is really the only suggestion I have lol.
All other books I've read are purely historical and aren't really fun to read unless you're interested in the era.
I like history too. But I only read articles on wikipedia. The only history book I read was about the history of my country. I've also read a book about the history of mankind since the early human groups in Africa to the 2000s but it was written in the style of a novel and was relatively short (around 250 pages).
Just read bro
Fapping is better bro!

I like history too. But I only read articles on wikipedia. The only history book I read was about the history of my country. I've also read a book about the history of mankind since the early human groups in Africa to the 2000s but it was written in the style of a novel and was relatively short (around 250 pages).
Ah, I don't buy generalized history books like that.
I buy history books about specific wars or armies.
I'm interested in Military History that's why.

Ah, I don't buy generalized history books like that.
I buy history books about specific wars or armies.
I'm interested in Military History that's why.
That's interesting.

gay midget tranny from Indonesia who defeats the dark lord Tonald Drump with a magic rainbow beam squeezed out his/her/its AIDS-infected cloaca.
Wattpad:
Images 12

Hahaha

Yesterday I was reading Albert Camus' Myth of Sisyphus and it was hard as hell. After reading 50 pages or so I felt very exhausted mentally speaking. Philosophy needs extreme concentration...
Camus just overcomolicates his writing because his message is bs.

Camus just overcomolicates his writing because his message is bs.
Haha maybe you're right. When reading his book I got the impression that the dude is literally saying : "Look I've read many philosophers n shit..."

Read manga on your cellphone in bed before sleeping. Works for me.

Read manga on your cellphone in bed before sleeping. Works for me.
That's a good idea ngl. I'm gonna give it a try since I like anime maybe I'll enjoy reading manga

That's a good idea ngl. I'm gonna give it a try since I like anime maybe I'll enjoy reading manga
Read Kodomo No Jikan. I know, I'm kinda obsessed ngl.