Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I used to think my life would be like a romantic comedy

MuddyBuddy

MuddyBuddy

It's pointless
★★★
Back when I was blue pilled I had an idea for how my life would play. It was the standard trope in those early 2000s rom coms. Lonely loser guy is going through life until he meets his true love. She doesn't see him as a loser like everyone else does. She sees something special in him. This motivates the protagonist to work towards a goal that will Impress his love interest. He succeeds, they have the happy ending kiss and live happily ever after. :fuk:

But of course no such woman exists for short manlets. They see such men as toxic waste that must be eradicated. Didn't notice until my red pulled days that these guys in the movies weren't actually loser types. They were chads pretending to be losers for Hollywood. I believe these cruel movies tricked a generation of men into thinking they actually had a chance and stroked foid ego into thinking they're so great for giving these "loser" chads a chance:feelsUgh:

Last edited:
I'm not that delusional, but back in my adolescence, I did thought life would play out like a romcom slice of life...

I was pretty much invisible...

I get you bro, also yeah, no one really cares about us ugly people / manlets.

I guess we only have us Incels.

This is brutal, I think we all can relate. We think that it is just "going to happen" for us like all of those characters. But reality tells a very different story than hollywood.

Yeah. Same for me. Almost 17 years ago I used to watch American Pie 1 every day. I thought soon I would get a nice gf. I also watched other romcoms.

JFL at me.

Nothing has changed , I'm still a virgin and my hair is going gray.

Last edited:
it's over for maladaptivedaydreamingcels

when i was a teenager, i used to fantasize about having these perfect romance situations with my oneitis as well.. life is way crueler than i have ever imagined.

My life ended up being a romantic tragedy

There's still time if you leave this toxic ideology alone :soy:

:lul:

from romantic comedy to Greek tragedy