Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

i used to be happier

L

lostcel

Officer
★★★★
i just wanna go back

I used to be happier as well, because I used to be full of hope and optimism. In high school I was a depressed loner. but I had hope that college would be better. In college I was a depressed loner, but I had hope that the workplace would be better. Now in the workplace I am a depressed loner...but I have no hope that things will get better. I mean, what the fuck, is retirement supposed to be fucking better?

The only place I was ever truely content and happy was at home as a kid when all my family lived together. The outside world was always a problem.

Why the fuck do simple sentences always cut me to my core. I do too, man.

My childhood was happier as well. I think the difference is back then I was blissfully ignorant and had hope for the future. Not anymore though.

as one user's signature said, "childhood was paradise"

I used to be happier as well, because I used to be full of hope and optimism. In high school I was a depressed loner. but I had hope that college would be better. In college I was a depressed loner, but I had hope that the workplace would be better. Now in the workplace I am a depressed loner...but I have no hope that things will get better. I mean, what the fuck, is retirement supposed to be fucking better?
I doubt any of us will be able to retire. The job market is going to become shit in the next few decades and all it takes is a financial meltdown like 2008 to wipe out a good portion of your earnings.

I haven’t been happy since 2015. I think that’s when puberty kicked in

as one user's signature said, "childhood was paradise"
@TheGoodGuy
You are damn right. Childhood was heaven on Earth just being happy every single day and so much excitement for every little thing I can´t believe this is my life now just sitting in a small apartment all alone with no friends, no hobbies nothing to do and no passions I used to have tons of friends, playdates every day after school and sleepovers in the weekends having all these adventures with my best friends.

title, not signature. sorry

my life now just sitting in a small apartment all alone with no friends, no hobbies nothing to do and no passions I used to have tons of friends, playdates every day after school and sleepovers in the weekends having all these adventures with my best friends.
literally the exact same for me, the play dates after school were the best and the sleepovers during the summer were even more fun, it lasted all the way up to the end of 6th grade for me, i'll always cherish those memories

literally the exact same for me, the play dates after school were the best and the sleepovers during the summer were even more fun, it lasted all the way up to the end of 6th grade for me, i'll always cherish those memories
Same for me ended around 6th grade too.

Damn I miss sleepovers staying up late playing video games or go exploring outside on all sorts of adventures and at the end of the night lay down in bed and talk for a long time and falling alseep I will never experience that again.

Back then we were not much attracted by females and longing for a partner.