Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I think one real reason why I'm depressed more than anything is because the mythological historical figures are no longer idols.

NapoliPizzaPie

NapoliPizzaPie

Banned
-
I want to as a human being be a part of society and be accepted for that.
You know, I just want to be something.

I don't know - I remember when I was little, there were all these mythological historical figures that I looked up to - Bill Gates for computer science, Atticus Finch for lawyers, Edison for electrical engineers, Sam Walton for business, the Founding Fathers for politicians, Vincent Van Gogh for artists, fuck, just think about all the authors for aspiring writers - J.K. Rowling, Steven King, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, etc.; Martin Luther King Jr. for social activists; Mother Teresa and Pope John Paul II for aspiring Catholic religious leaders, Jerry Maguire and John Madden for sports industry enthusiasts; and so on and so on.

It wasn't just the fact that what these people achieved is incredible and awe-inspiring things for people like me, it's the fact that people all around me valued and respected such individuals.

I thought that if I could just strive to become one of these figures, and came anywhere close to that, everything would fall into place, and that I should fight like hell and do everything I could to become one of these figures, or at least something close to that.

I've noticed a giant cultural shift starting around 2010-2011 and lasting to the present day that these cultural giants aren't even remembered anymore, or people just don't care.

I feel like our culture is so braindead, degenerate, materialistic, and fucking shallow that nobody even values these people anymore.

The only thing people value are threefold- getting drunk on the weekends, having sexual conquests, and eventually getting married and having kids so your kids can experience the same. That's it.

What the fuck does it say about me when I don't have any of these things, meaning I have no value?

I remember being little around the time before this cultural shift happened where I was told "strive to be the next so and so and so and so, don't waste your time and energy in risking teenage pregnancy and stunting your growth."

Boy, I was the only f***ing retard that didn't bother being a rebel, and now I've paid like an enormous toll on my spiritual well being for not being a rebel. All my peers have outcasted me and stomped on me to the corners of a f***ing incel website, just because I conformed to my parents and social leaders. Women spit on me, guys get hostile to me.

Everyone just says "hey bucko, not everything is about sex and having fun, go out and do something with your life" to me when I feel such enormous pain and sadness,

BUT IT LITERALLY IS. NOBODY VALUES ANYTHING BUT SEX AND GETTING WASTED.

There's no point in striving to be the next Van Gogh or Martin Luther King Jr. or Bill Gates - because nobody, nobody f***ing cares. They only care if you've gotten your dick wet

Last edited:
Edison was a total douche. If you want to be like him just start stealing other peoples ideas and get pissed when someone else comes up with an invention that makes yours obsolete.

these mythological historical figures that I looked up to - Bill Gates for computer science,
cringe. out of every person who existed in history your first thought was the NWO shill who wants to inject you with a cancerous (((vaccine)))

we is chasing daaa bag nigga , we iz savages , don fawwk wit us nigga
on gang nigga fuck 12

There's no point in striving to be the next Van Gogh or Martin Luther King Jr. or Bill Gates - because nobody, nobody f***ing cares. They only care if you've gotten your dick wet
Welcome to the matriarchy.

Listen all of those people you named were degenerate sex havers too.

the price of gynocracy
in an androcentric society merit>everything
in a gynocentric society looks>everything

you, like me and many others, were caught in the transition between generations

during a period of transition, values and rewards change but expectations and responsabilities lag behind
this means some people will work hard for no benefit, receive terrible advice, be told to hang in there even though it won't get better for their generation, etc

all the people who get caught in this type of transition and suffer, are usually told to go fuck themselves in the end too, because the next generation needs to have a good time, and they aren't going to sacrifice anything to pay back whoever suffered in the last generation

Nah, it's just that you're not a child anymore.
Teenagers are natural degenerate retards and adults are high functionning brainlet drones of soyciety. In fact, the only moment you actually give a shit about those figures your cited is childhood, if you had a good instruction to begin with. In most ppl who are still fond of history or some historical figures, this passion always dates back from childhood.

I wouldn't say much on the mythological figures in my case but rather ideas and values I had. You see, things like morality, love, honor, faith and so on, they have no meaning to me at this point. I no longer see those things as real or worthy pursuing.

I used to be an idealistic, passionate, emotional and quite naive person. Now? I just don't see meaning in anything I do. It seems just pointless.

you, like me and many others, were caught in the transition between generations
Yeah, I think I get where you coming from. Sometimes I just feel like an outcast, left behind, some kind of obsolete piece with no real use in this new world. The values I grew up acquiring are no longer needed and things are changing quickly. I can't connect with others, they also can't understand me.

I don't know - I remember when I was little, there were all these mythological historical figures that I looked up to - Bill Gates for computer science, Atticus Finch for lawyers, Edison for electrical engineers, Sam Walton for business, the Founding Fathers for politicians, Vincent Van Gogh for artists, fuck, just think about all the authors for aspiring writers - J.K. Rowling, Steven King, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, etc.; Martin Luther King Jr. for social activists; Mother Teresa and Pope John Paul II for aspiring Catholic religious leaders, Jerry Maguire and John Madden for sports industry enthusiasts; and so on and so on.

It wasn't just the fact that what these people achieved is incredible and awe-inspiring things for people like me, it's the fact that people all around me valued and respected such individuals.

I thought that if I could just strive to become one of these figures, and came anywhere close to that, everything would fall into place, and that I should fight like hell and do everything I could to become one of these figures, or at least something close to that.

I've noticed a giant cultural shift starting around 2010-2011 and lasting to the present day that these cultural giants aren't even remembered anymore, or people just don't care.

I feel like our culture is so braindead, degenerate, materialistic, and fucking shallow that nobody even values these people anymore.

The only thing people value are threefold- getting drunk on the weekends, having sexual conquests, and eventually getting married and having kids so your kids can experience the same. That's it.

What the fuck does it say about me when I don't have any of these things, meaning I have no value?

I remember being little around the time before this cultural shift happened where I was told "strive to be the next so and so and so and so, don't waste your time and energy in risking teenage pregnancy and stunting your growth."

Boy, I was the only f***ing retard that didn't bother being a rebel, and now I've paid like an enormous toll on my spiritual well being for not being a rebel. All my peers have outcasted me and stomped on me to the corners of a f***ing incel website, just because I conformed to my parents and social leaders. Women spit on me, guys get hostile to me.

Everyone just says "hey bucko, not everything is about sex and having fun, go out and do something with your life" to me when I feel such enormous pain and sadness,

You feel depressed because you fully didn’t follow your parents path to greatness nor you had a chance to rebel and be a degenerate.

you are just hanging in this awkward spot in the middle where you wanted to rebel but didn’t get a chance to rebel so you kinda pursued the path to be “someone” but that is a shit ton of work.

now you are stuck in the middle where you don’t know which path to choose.

I wouldn't say much on the mythological figures in my case but rather ideas and values I had. You see, things like morality, love, honor, faith and so on, they have no meaning to me at this point. I no longer see those things as real or worthy pursuing.

I used to be an idealistic, passionate, emotional and quite naive person. Now? I just don't see meaning in anything I do. It seems just pointless.

Yeah, I think I get where you coming from. Sometimes I just feel like an outcast, left behind, some kind of obsolete piece with no real use in this new world. The values I grew up acquiring are no longer needed and things are changing quickly. I can't connect with others, they also can't understand me.
Money is the universal value in degenerate times. It's the only thing barbarians respect

cringe. out of every person who existed in history your first thought was the NWO shill who wants to inject you with a cancerous (((vaccine)))
Listen all of those people you named were degenerate sex havers too.
Giphy 10

You feel depressed because you fully didn’t follow your parents path to greatness nor you had a chance to rebel and be a degenerate.

you are just hanging in this awkward spot in the middle where you wanted to rebel but didn’t get a chance to rebel so you kinda pursued the path to be “someone” but that is a shit ton of work.

now you are stuck in the middle where you don’t know which path to choose.
Yeah, but I think a bit of my anger is the fact that most people who are "someone" are degenerate and "degeneracy" is now the cream of the crop in terms of virtues

You aren't someone if you are some obscure scientist in a lab somewhere. You aren't someone if you own a business. You aren't someone if you are some obscure senator.

You are someone if you were in the steamiest, hottest fraternity and got your dick wet with models. Regardless of what happens, you can say you were in Feta Alpha Gamma and you caused Miss Georgia to orgasm.

You were the man. Nobody would question your legitimacy then.

Everyone today wants to be Chico Lachowski.

079c11f475bd65118e2fd26bef50b3e3_400x400.jpeg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr04zG0y6jo

Chris Christie was a partner at a successful New Jersey Law Firm and became Governor of New Jersey, while also running for President.

Chris-Christie-2012.jpg

Nobody wants to be Chris Christie.

Last edited:
You should stop "looking up to"

Complete shitbags

Your post is interesting, although you are making a very big mistake.

Actually, it is interesting because of that mistake.
We'll come back to that in a moment

That is idolatry. You use the "word" idol in the title yourself.

Of course, you are going to say that you did not mean "idol" in the literal sense. Fair enough. Now, the question is, what exactly did you mean? Or rather, what does the phenomenon you describe (people looking up to Bill Gates, etc in the past) have in common with what, say, the Bible means when it uses the same word?

In antiquity, being a "god" meant much less than what we mean now, when we use the word "God" with a capital G. Ancient gods, even the most powerful, were limited beings. They were not omniscient and could be defeated. Also, there was a whole hierarchy of gods, from the highest to the lowest, like the local guardian hero of a particular village or the goddess of a particular spring. Finally, the boundary between gods and men was not absolute. An exceptional man could become a god. This is how both Alexander of Macedon and Julius Caesar were deified and offered sacrifices in dedicated temples after their death.

In other word, "being a god" just meant "being super-human". Everyone could aspire to become a god. And they did. As soon as fortune blessed you, you started thinking "maybe I will become a god after all". The Greeks recognized the risk of that thought and called it "hubris". The danger is obvious. As soon as you start thinking like that, chances are that you are going to become careless and do some big fuck-up. Yet Greeks continued to believe that you could become a god, and so their warnings about "hubris" were not very effective.

Judaism and Christianity, by denying all gods and, so to speak, concentrating all divinity in a single all-powerful person (God), radically solved the problem. Now, it was completely impossible to have the thought "maybe I will become a god after all". In many ways, this is the real reason why these religions came up with a single god (even if their believers did not recognize it consciously). That is why Christianity was based and could make people (including foids) behave properly. I am not a Christian, mind you. I am just making an observation about Christianity from the outside

In effect, what you are saying here is "maybe I will become a god after all"

Of course, that kind of thought will make you motivated for a while. But after that, the downsides are just to big.

Idolatry's downsides outweigh the benefits. That is what people discovered 2000 years ago and they got that idea shaped into monotheism because it was the way people thought back then.

In fact the biggest downside is that idolatry automatically worsens over time. Idolatry that seems "respectable", like the one that you describe people had in your childhood, just prepares people for the next version which is going to be inevitably worse. If you get used to worshiping Bill Gates and sports guys on TV, you are preparing your brain to idolize other worse people.

Eventually, idolatry will always devolve into the "get wasted and fuck" type because it is the easiest and most effective in terms of immediate pleasure/excitement payoff. It happened in the past all the time. Every polytheist religion always eventually included a version of the goddess Ishtar, which is basically the deity of "get wasted and fuck". She basically represent ghetto culture ethos: alpha males and bimbos, Chad and Stacy.

If you start on the slippery slope of idolatry, that is where you will end up.

That is the problem with "wanting to be something" (as you said in the beginning)

What you truly mean by being "something" means "being superhuman". Even if you don't realize it, it is the effect it has on your brain.

The problem of "wanting to be something" is what happens to people who do not become "something". Are they "nothing"? In any generation, only a tiny minority can be Van Gogh or Bill Gates. What about the rest? What about the majority of the population?

The biggest problem with any form of idolatry is that it creates a mindset in which anyone who does not become "something", who does not become super-human is in fact sub-human. Idolatry creates the fuel for scorn and rejection.

The idolatry of past generations is what created the mindset that allows people today to scorn us and treat us as garbage.

Idolatry is fundamentally incompatible with the idea of equality. In an idolatrous world, there are a few Ubermensch and lots of Untermeschen.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back