Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel I take a look at my grandparents, and it makes me sad.

• Thread starter Deleted member 15752
  • Start date
Deleted member 15752

Deleted member 15752

Mogged from Fairbanks to Vladivostok
-
I remember the day when I asked them how they got together, just out of curiosity.

And all I can remember is that they didnt feel the need to cheat on one another because people would frown upon it. I remember how they told me that they made plans for the future and their children.

They have been married for over 60 years.

They told me how they had goals of building their own house. Yes building because everyone in those time has each-others backs and they all helped their neighbors if they needed anything.

Now I compare to how they lived their lives to the current, modern world. And it makes so sad, fuck.

The fact that if people cheated on each-other was frowned upon during those times by your whole town just makes me think that I would have lived in the same happiness as them. Probably would...

They are proud of what they have achieved. While me? What the fuck can I look back and say I have achieved? Just some posts on a forum?

Society, man. Modern society is shit.

They have been married for over 60 years.

We will never accomplish that. Imagine, I am 24 right now, soonish 25. Even if I would marry a female immediately, we would have to become 84 years old. We are so far behind in just everything it is not funny anymore...

They are proud of what they have achieved. While me? What the fuck can I look back and say I have achieved? Just some posts on a forum?

I have been asking this question to myself for several times right now. I have achieved absolutely nothing. I am a joke to my parents and to my ancestors.

you achieved nothing but at least you aren't a cuck

People seem to romanticise the past, a lot of marriages weren't love affairs, they got married because they met eachother and got on ok with eachother then they had children, just because they were married 60 years doesn't mean that they had a great marriage, in Catholic countries like this one marriage break ups are frowned upon now never mind 40 years ago, you were basically forced to remain together so you had to find a way of getting on.

“wish we could turn back time, to the good old days...”

People seem to romanticise the past, a lot of marriages weren't love affairs, they got married because they met eachother and got on ok with eachother then got married and had children, just because they were married 60 years doesn't mean that they had a great marriage, in Catholic countries like this one marriage break ups are frowned upon now never mind 40 years ago.

i believe this claim is bullshit, its a talking point lot of people like to repeat in order to compare us today to back when
marriage is not about love, its about children, its about your fucking home, its about future.
dumb millenials like us think marriage is about love because we were led to believe that self-fulfillment comes from within, and not from without.
this is why we laugh at stupid memes like "just b yourself" or "just b happy with yourself bro". that lie is rooted so deep within our minds that we refuse to believe anything else.
maybe life isn't about us. and it isn't about happiness either. everything in our society is symbiotic

Last edited:
They told me how they had goals of building their own house. Yes building because everyone in those time has each-others backs and they all helped their neighbors if they needed anything.
my grandma tells same thing man. i wonder how times changed so fast. makes me really sad tbh.

maybe life isn't about us. and it isn't about happiness either. everything in our society is symbiotic

So, what is life then about?

Everything sure went to hell in a hurry. Once feminism is let out of the bag, consider your empire over, cause it's finished.

I remember the day when I asked them how they got together, just out of curiosity.
i have no idea how mine met or my own parents even met, always wondered but too high inhib to ask :feelsrope:

Soon all long married old people will die and marriage will be nonexistent

So, what is life then about?

purpose. the reason most of us want a wife is because of purpose, above all.
i know some incels are not suitable to have a functioning family, but they should at least get a chance to establish themselves

I feel the same when looking at my parents. In my entire life I've only seen them have a fight once which was years ago and they made up after a week. They always seem to get along well. It's depressing because I know I'll never have something like that. Even if I got a good job and married some gold-digger like most men from islamic families do, I'd never have that kind of bond and she'd either treat me like shit or leave me. Sometimes I just watch them sit next to each other and think about the idea of two people having shared their lives with each other for decades and it makes me feel so weird because it's just a foreign concept to me.
in Catholic countries like this one marriage break ups are frowned upon now never mind 40 years ago, you were basically forced to remain together so you had to find a way of getting on.
That's not a bad thing though. If people know they cannot easily divorce each other, they'll try harder to make the marriage work and because of that will become understanding and caring towards each other. The reason why the west has such extremely high divorce-rates nowadays is because people can divorce without facing any shaming in their social circles so people don't even try to save their marriages anymore. After one fight over some dumb shit they decide to end a marriage that lasted years, oftentimes destroying the lives of their children in the process.