Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming I remember when building a PC was cheap

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
The good old days, I remember when I built my first PC in 2016. It costed me around 550€ and it could run everything pre 2015 at 60FPS on ultra and the newest games from medium to high settings depending on the game, but still 60FPS. I played The Witcher 3 on medium with some options disabled and the game looked so great and ran so smoothly :feelsokman: The GPU was an R9 380, a very decent GPU for just a bit more than 200€, now even the crappiest GPU to run modern games on low costs like my whole PC kek, we've gone crazy thanks to cryptos and scalpers :feelshaha::feelskek: Or if you want a very high end GPU they cost more than my car, nigga wtf, in 2016 the most expensive and high end GPU of the market was like 600€ and that was considered too much already.

Before if you bought a pre-built gaming PC it was because you didn't know much about technology or because you were rich and didn't care that you were being ripped off. Now it's the opposite, the pre-built PC is still expensive but has become the most affordable option if you want something that runs modern games at 60FPS on at least medium settings. I can't believe we reached a point where a pre-built gaming PC with all the components (except monitor, mouse and keyboard) is cheaper than many GPUs :feelsclown: It never began for youngcels who want to get into PC building.

I still have that PC from 2016 but it's really outdated and it struggles when running games later than 2019 with high specs, so I mostly game on an Asus gaming laptop that costed me 600€ on Amazon sales. I could play RE8 at 60FPS with most settings on high so that's enough for me :feelsokman:

Last edited:
Here in Brazil taxes only already makes GPUs cost more than double the price in the US. Throw in exchange rate, which is terrible currently, and we end up having to pay several thousands to build a pc with 10yo parts that were probably used for mining and that can barely run modern games in low settings and low resolution :society:

Last edited:
We are witnessing the end of the dedicated graphic card for the mass consumer market, remember sound cards? remember ageia physx cards?, it’s over, the real world utility of GPUs is honestly too much to waste it on the gaming market, we are gonna use APUs, live in the pods and be happy

We have reached a point in which graphics are mostly good enough, we no longer need inefficient refrigerators like the ps5 and xbox series x, this is the last gen we will see traditional consoles.

The switch and the steam deck ideology is the future of gaming, there also stuffs like portable VR, pocketable devices like the retroid pocket 2+,ultra portable laptops like the surface pro

CED1D71F A801 4CE8 8799 D535CF407E29

I think this was all planned to make the gpus more limited in stock.
Good luck finding a decent build with used parts.

I think in the next 5 years desktop gaming pcs will not exist and it will be something else

We are witnessing the end of the dedicated graphic card for the mass consumer market, remember sound cards? remember ageia physx cards?, it’s over, the real world utility of GPUs is honestly too much to waste it on the gaming market, we are gonna use APUs, live in the pods and be happy

We have reached a point in which graphics are mostly good enough, we no longer need inefficient refrigerators like the ps5 and xbox series x, this is the last gen we will see traditional consoles.

The switch and the steam deck ideology is the future of gaming, there also stuffs like portable VR, pocketable devices like the retroid pocket 2+,ultra portable laptops like the surface pro

View attachment 529698
I heard good thing about Scarface pro