Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I really need an MMORPG to pour my time and life into, but all of them suck right now

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
There's 5 MMOs right now that deserve to even be spoken about:

WoW - spent tens of thousands of hours on this one. I'm done, it also turned to shit. I live in this shithole country and paid a lot of money to buy it, and I still don't play it, that should tell you how much I am bored of it. It just feels so pointless, I'm not even a big fan of raiding so there's actually 0 things to do. *Don't give a shit about vanilla either, I played so many private servers on all xpacs I just don't care any more.

Runescape/Osrs - spent tens of thousands of hours on this one too. Got utterly bored of it. It's much better than WoW when it comes to progression and actually feeling accomplished, but ehh, I'm done with it.

Guild wars 2 - felt as pointless as WoW. No meaningful rewards of progression, no sense of accomplishment. Felt like I was playing a movie.

FFXIV - expensive as fuck and I also don't really see the point. Watched some let's plays, tried the trial. meh. All I do is play games so I'd sacrifice a good portion of my paycheck just to play it, but I don't see it as worth it.

ESO - same as FFXIV - expesnive, but seems boring and pointless.

Fuck me, I have nothing to do. Played hundreds of non-mmo games and pseudoMMOs like Warframe and PoE, I can't find a game for the life of me, I've been looking for years.

Last edited:
Have you tried Tree of Savior?
I don't know if it's very good (didn't play much of it) but it sure is pretty.

Have you tried Tree of Savior?
I don't know if it's very good (didn't play much of it) but it sure is pretty.
Tried it. Absolute garbage asian MMO with no soul designed to suck money out of whales with deep pockets. I only pay money for games when it's online for server access or expansions, I don't pay for advantages or cosmetics, so games like these don't interest me at all. I need some substance, some lore, some good systems to entertain me.

Play tbc WoW on netherwing

Tried it. Absolute garbage asian MMO with no soul designed to suck money out of whales with deep pockets. I only pay money for games when it's online for server access or expansions, I don't pay for advantages or cosmetics, so games like these don't interest me at all. I need some substance, some lore, some good systems to entertain me.
Damn, I didn't know it was that bad.
Do you like playing other types of games as well? Single player ones?
I don't really play multiplayer games in general so it's hard to give an MMO recommendation.

Or dont play mmorpgs coz they're grindfest time black holes for autists

Same tbh its only genre i can get into and it helps with social isolation a lot.
Im waiting for "oath" right now, it just ended their kickstarter i hope it turns out decently, looks really promising with no p2w bullshit etc.

FFxiv was worth the 3.5k hours and money i put into it community is super nice and end game was fun though it gets repetetive and boring after so much time spent there, but still gives you lots of hours of different content till you hit that point.

My brother plays mainly mmorpgs and he says there are no good ones too. The last one he played was archeage and that game looks so fucking retarded. You do the most mundane shit in that game like manually farming and carrying crates of shit long distances to trade. He had things like a x1000 stack of eggs in his inventory like wtf. And it's apparently complete p2w trash now. It's over for mmorpgcels

Last edited:
Damn, I didn't know it was that bad.
Do you like playing other types of games as well? Single player ones?
I don't really play multiplayer games in general so it's hard to give an MMO recommendation.
Yeah I spent the last ~2 years browsing r/gamingsuggestions almost every day. I've probably pirated over 300 games in these last few years (single player). I really ran out of things to play.
My brother plays mainly mmorpgs and he says there are no good ones too. The last one he played was archeage and that game looks so fucking retarded. You do the most mundane shit in that game like manually farming and carrying crates of shit long distances to trade. He had things like a x1000 stack of eggs in his inventory like wtf. And it's apparently complete p2w trash now. It's over for mmorpgcels
Yeah, MMOs are done man, done. I used to spend 16 hours a day playing MMOs, my school years and college days were spent on MMOs, and now there's nothing good on the market. I feel so bored.

There's 5 MMOs right now that deserve to even be spoken about:

WoW - spent tens of thousands of hours on this one. I'm done, it also turned to shit. I live in this shithole country and paid a lot of money to buy it, and I still don't play it, that should tell you how much I am bored of it. It just feels so pointless, I'm not even a big fan of raiding so there's actually 0 things to do. *Don't give a shit about vanilla either, I played so many private servers on all xpacs I just don't care any more.

Runescape/Osrs - spent tens of thousands of hours on this one too. Got utterly bored of it. It's much better than WoW when it comes to progression and actually feeling accomplished, but ehh, I'm done with it.

Guild wars 2 - felt as pointless as WoW. No meaningful rewards of progression, no sense of accomplishment. Felt like I was playing a movie.

FFXIV - expensive as fuck and I also don't really see the point. Watched some let's plays, tried the trial. meh. All I do is play games so I'd sacrifice a good portion of my paycheck just to play it, but I don't see it as worth it.

ESO - same as FFXIV - expesnive, but seems boring and pointless.

Fuck me, I have nothing to do. Played hundreds of non-mmo games and pseudoMMOs like Warframe and PoE, I can't find a game for the life of me, I've been looking for years.
play league of legends

Yeah I spent the last ~2 years browsing r/gamingsuggestions almost every day. I've probably pirated over 300 games in these last few years (single player). I really ran out of things to play.
Bro there are so many games coming out these days
I think you should take a look at metacritic's game list
and try to find something you are interested in
that or just browse steam
be open to new game genres too man
play league of legends

play league of legends
Read this if you want to laugh out loud at a tale of stupidity: I've been playing lol on and off since 2011. Mostly off but every few years I get into it a lot and start playing 10+ hours a day.

Ok, so where's the funny part? Guess what's my max rank after all this time? After the maybe more than a 1.5k hours spent on it? Silver 4. Silver 4 is the best I've ever gotten after all this time (and I fall back to bronze most of the time).

This game makes me rage so much I fucking SCREAM out loud. I'm a 26 year old man, I should be able to control myself, but it just makes me rage. Not cause of my team, cause I am the one who sucks so bad.

Another funny part: I have the habit of uninstalling the game. Right, so I've been playing lol for the last 2 weeks. I uninstalled it AT LEAST 25 times, and I'm not exaggerating. Install, play a few games, uninstall. Not cause of raging most of the time, just cause I don't really find any enjoyment cause I suck so badly.
I've never tried this. Would anyone recommend it?
Yeah, it's a good time sink. I've played rs back in ~2005 though so I've got heavy nostalgia goggles, idk if you'd be able to get into it.

Last edited:
Read what I write right now if you want to laugh out loud at a tale of stupidity: I've been playing lol on and off since 2011. Mostly off but every few years I get into it a lot and start playing 10+ hours a day.

Ok, so where's the funny part? Guess what's my max rank after all this time? After the maybe more than a 1.5k hours spent on it? Silver 4. Silver 4 is the best I've ever gotten after all this time.

This game makes me rage so much I fucking SCREAM out loud. I'm a 26 year old man, I should be able to control myself, but it just makes me rage. Not cause of my team, cause I am the one who sucks so bad.

Another funny part: I have the habit of uninstalling the game. Right, so I've been playing lol for the last 2 weeks. I uninstalled it AT LEAST 25 times, and I'm not exaggerating. Install, play a few games, uninstall. Not cause of raging most of the time, just cause I don't really find any enjoyment cause I suck so badly.

Here's the real trick to become good in games and lol: search for a better way to play it, see what people who are above your rank does, practice is a meme or either way all these bronze players with 10.000 ranked games wouldn't exist.

Practice=cold approach translated in inceldom, it never go anywhere by itself.

Here's the real trick to become good in games and lol: search for a better way to play it, see what people who are above your rank does, practice is a meme or either way all these bronze players with 10.000 ranked games wouldn't exist.

Practice=cold approach translated in inceldom, it never go anywhere by itself.
Believe me, I've tried. I'm not saying I've tried my hardest, I'm not saying the game is at fault. I did spend considerable effort improving, reading r/summonerschool, watching youtube videos and tutorials and guides and vods, I build my champions according to mobafire and op.gg. It's just that I suck man, I just suck, and it's nobody's fault but mine.

Believe me, I've tried. I'm not saying I've tried my hardest, I'm not saying the game is at fault. I did spend considerable effort improving, reading r/summonerschool, watching youtube videos and tutorials and guides and vods, I build my champions according to mobafire and op.gg. It's just that I suck man, I just suck, and it's nobody's fault but mine.
cope

very low ping, high refresh rate monitor (144hz) high fps above 100, free camera without never locking it, spell buffering, autoatack buffering, animation canceling, smartcast autoatack when click, high APM, hitbox dodging, hitbox skill landing, dual N-back game.

And these are the norman tricks, jfl at not manipulating the timeline for being challenger in lol ngl.

Have you tried Elsword(even though it's also shit tbh)

mmos as genre are as dead as my social life

I've always wanted to get into MMOs, but I never could. They're like very bad single player RPGs when you don't have friends. I only play singleplayer games nowadays. I recently bought a nintendo switch :soy: and I'm having more fun than I've ever had with video games. I'm also looking forward to the new VTMB game and Cyberpunk 2077.
inb4 soytch
All video games are for sub7 beta losers.

the only way a mmorpg is enjoyable is when you play it on release.
don't bother playing old games with empty zones.

I'm doing the same tbh the last times I have been happy has been been playing an mmo.

, Black Desert online if you have a really good fast PC

I'm doing the same tbh the last times I have been happy has been been playing an mmo.
I've been searching for a game to consume a lot of my time. I've been searching for so long now. I've played so many games without settling on anything, and it just recently dawned on me that only MMOs were games that I truly played for a long time and where I actually felt something akin to enjoyment. Alas, there is no good MMO apparently.

I've tried everything. I just want a game that I can pour my time into, it doesn't have to be perfect but it has to retain my attention. I have not found such a thing.

Try eve online. Its "free"

Try eve online. Its "free"
I didn't like it, it required too much ... talking and working with people. I realize how contradictory it is, this guy wants to play a Massive Multiplayer game and doesn't want to interact with people. But I've played for so many years now, and all of it has been without making any friends or interacting very much with people, besides the trading and of course me flaming people so hard I get banned and muted.

The reason why I like MMOs is the big world, the huge amount of content, the ability to play for so many thousands of hours. The social element is my least favorite tbh. Basically I like the massive part of MMO.

Single player rpg's are good

Or try other multiplayer games.
Try battle royales, you need to loot and you have different levels of armor so they has loose connections to rpgs

Single player rpg's are good

Or try other multiplayer games.
Try battle royales, you need to loot and you have different levels of armor so they has loose connections to rpgs
You underestimate the degree to which I don't have a life my friend. The problem with single player rpgs is that they can only be played so much before you run out of content. What do I mean by that? The average RPG takes less than 100 hours to beat. That's like what, less than a week of playing? If I'm not working that week it's basically just a few days of playing. So, eventually, after nolifing for years and years, I've pirated and played pretty much every single player game that looked remotely interesting to me (though I deleted many after a few minutes cause they were a snoozefest).

SWG (on Legends or emu private servers) or you could try SWTOR

I would love to play games but I can't, I no longer enjoy it. Funny coz I used to be proper addicted to online gaming like we're talking 12h playing MMOs and shit every day. Funny how life can change.

I would love to play games but I can't, I no longer enjoy it. Funny coz I used to be proper addicted to online gaming like we're talking 12h playing MMOs and shit every day. Funny how life can change.
I have the same problem, that's why I've been looking for a game for so long. I can't really enjoy anything any more, but I'm looking for a game cause I'm going crazy man. I have all this free time and I have absolutely nothing to do. At least gaming felt like I was making progress towards something, even if they were useless goals. All this wasting time watching sitcoms I've seen before and browsing random internet shit and watching youtube is so boring it's exhausting.

I love Elder Scrolls Online.

Theres so much content on there its absolutely insane. If that doesn't quench your thirst then idk what will.

I find as I get older I get less into video games tbh. I can't tell if they are less fun than before or if I am just becoming a bitter, boring adult.

I have the same problem, that's why I've been looking for a game for so long. I can't really enjoy anything any more, but I'm looking for a game cause I'm going crazy man. I have all this free time and I have absolutely nothing to do. At least gaming felt like I was making progress towards something, even if they were useless goals. All this wasting time watching sitcoms I've seen before and browsing random internet shit and watching youtube is so boring it's exhausting.

Have you tried Lost Ark? It's not out in the West yet but I played it with VPN and it was fun to a degree. I am waiting for it tbh. It is the only game in like the last year or so that I actually enjoyed playing. I got bored after 2 weeks though and uninstalled and went back to ldar but it's worth a try when it comes out.

Try Black Desert Online, I got it for my Xbox, it's a good game but it doesn't run in 60 FPS tho.

You underestimate the degree to which I don't have a life my friend. The problem with single player rpgs is that they can only be played so much before you run out of content. What do I mean by that? The average RPG takes less than 100 hours to beat. That's like what, less than a week of playing? If I'm not working that week it's basically just a few days of playing. So, eventually, after nolifing for years and years, I've pirated and played pretty much every single player game that looked remotely interesting to me (though I deleted many after a few minutes cause they were a snoozefest).
100 hours for main story, not sidequests

And like I said, try other genres.
If you change genres, you'll get shit ton of more content to play.
Sometimes I force myself to like something until I start liking it

I find as I get older I get less into video games tbh. I can't tell if they are less fun than before or if I am just becoming a bitter, boring adult.

Inceldom=depression.

depression=loss of interest in hobbies.

DnD on online servers

Mmos are trash right now

Read this if you want to laugh out loud at a tale of stupidity: I've been playing lol on and off since 2011. Mostly off but every few years I get into it a lot and start playing 10+ hours a day.

Ok, so where's the funny part? Guess what's my max rank after all this time? After the maybe more than a 1.5k hours spent on it? Silver 4. Silver 4 is the best I've ever gotten after all this time (and I fall back to bronze most of the time).

Yeah, it's a good time sink. I've played rs back in ~2005 though so I've got heavy nostalgia goggles, idk if you'd be able to get into it.
lol is really the worst game out there i spend over 3k hours into it

u can get ffxiv subscription for free potentially if u do refund scam on third party sites like g2a. the game is a lot of fun

Tibia is pretty good but it might be infested with bots.
Dofus or wakfu is pretty high IQ but it might have the same con
Maple Story was pretty good back in the days but it might be trash now
you could just check the gameplay @anon1822

Last edited:
Conan exiles, survival crafting morpg. Heard it has the potential to be the next big thing.

Mmos suck and are just there to milk normies now tbh. Why not play some nice single players? Maybe discover some different genres. If you cant afford top pc check out the top games of the last decades. Also visit r/slowgaming iirc.
DnD on online servers
Good idea we need a GM for our forum rpg anyway.

Last edited: