Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story I nearly got into a serious, life-threatening accident

RREEEEEEEEE

RREEEEEEEEE

unattractive.
★★★★★
When I was little boy, I would cry very quickly, if a dog or a character died in a movie or television show. Or if I saw one of those abused animals commercial. A couple of months ago, I witnessed a car accident. Some car that crossed the speed limit, ran over a pedestrian on the crosswalk, and immediately sped away. Seconds earlier, I suggested to my friends to cross the road. Basically, I could have been the person who was hit by that car. My friends and I were the first at the scene, with my friend being completely freaked out, since he saw the guy actually getting hit. I had only seen the aftermath. He yelled "Please, somebody, anybody, call the ambulance." I told him, "You got a phone, right? Call them." And so he complied, completely panicked. The young man was bleeding from his head. He wasn't really conscious, his legs were constantly shaking and he kept blinking rapidly. I knew immediately this would not end well for the young man. He would be a vegetable for the rest of his life at worst, or he would be paralyzed from the neck down at best. A crowd draws in. People are panicking left and right. Moments later, the ambulance and the cops arrive. The cops seal off the crime scene and only allow witnesses to stay. The cops interrogate us, and we try to our best to help and give a description of the car that hit the young man. It was after 10 P.M., so it was dark and it was hard to figure out what the color of the car was, especially for me, since I have a terrible sight. Anyway, my friends were really distraught, when getting interviewed by the cops, my friend who called the ambulance asks "Is it normal if I am freaked out like this?" I said "Of course." The cops says "I would be more concerned if you didn't feel anything, you'd be like a robot." He then glanced at me. I look the cop straight in the eyes. The cop focuses on my friend again. The young boy who got hit was taken to the hospital, and his parents were informed. They were locals, but I had never seen the young man before. We really wanted to know how the young man was doing, so the cops said we would be able to call the hospital the next morning. Two days went by, and the perpetrator was still not caught. The accident made headlines. The third day, the perpetrator turned himself over to the police. He's been in a holding cell ever since, and is now spending time in prison for his crimes. He's been sentenced to at least a couple of years. Days go by, and the young man? He's been placed in an artificial coma. More days go by, and we get the news. The young boy died as a result of multiple brain hemorrhages. He was only 19 years old. I knew he would die, right at that moment I saw his blinking and legs shaking uncontrollably, but I wanted to stay positive, for the sake of my friends. I feel bad for his parents. I also feel bad for his twin brother, it turned out he was twins. Everytime he will look in the mirror, he will be reminded of his brother. Everytime he gets good news, he will get excited and won't be able to wait to tell his brother, only to realize he is gone, for good. The young boy who died, he was also ambitious, he spent extra years in high school so he could go to a college. He was supposed to start college this year. And I? Throughout the whole ordeal, from the accident to the news of his death, I was as calm as one could possibly be. I felt nothing. I still don't feel anything. The point I'm trying to make is that I have become so desensitized. I'm just not sure if it's a result of being lonely. Or if I am just dead inside. I just don't know.

Life goes on and so do we. I’d be more concerned about the inconvenience tbh.

tl;dr OP and a guy saw somebody get hit by a car and OP didn't feel a thing about it.

I read it. It felt depressing for a single second and then I realized he might have been a sex having normie or a Chad and I went right back to browsing Steam's marketplace.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone with a healthy social life is dead inside. It’s most likely because you’re lonely. When I get really lonely, my mind goes to some crazy places. But when I’m around people.. doesn’t matter who, just people, I feel empathy again. So I don’t think you’re incapable of having feelings for other poeple, or feeling sad for them.. you’ve probabaly just been alone way too long and don’t have any love in your life so people mean nothing to you at this point.

Loneliness is such a fuckign terrible disease man. It makes your life shit then it kills you.

That’s really fucked up what happened to that guy.. was crossing the street probabaly whistling in his head, not a care in the world, probabaly in his way to go eat something or whatever, and bam, his life is over. people need to always be reminded that their cars are 3000 pound steel projectiles.

Irresponsible drivers are the scum of the Earth and deserve to be burned to death

Well written text and touching story.

>Everytime he will look in the mirror, he will be reminded of his brother. Everytime he gets good news, he will get excited and won't be able to wait to tell his brother, only to realize he is gone, for good

:feels::feels:

They wont feel shit if that shit happened to you.

As fucked up as it may sound, stories like this helps me cope with life. Realizing how short and fragile life is makes me forget about my every day worries, at least for some time.

At least he died instead of ending up a drooling vegetable.

You obviously felt some empathy for the kid otherwise you would've walked off and not even dwelled on the incident. I saw a mini cooper get T boned in a busy intersection, I wasn't sure if the two guys we're dead but one of them was just hanging outside of the car on the asphalt unconscious. Me and my friends called an ambulance and then went on our way to go blaze. Its crazy how silent everything was after the accident.

As fucked up as it may sound, stories like this helps me cope with life. Realizing how short and fragile life is makes me forget about my every day worries, at least for some time.

true

If I saw the kid twitching, sprawled out on the ground, I would have averted my eyes from the accident and went about my day. At that point, “saving” him would mean that for the large remainder of his life he would be in a vegatitve state, I wouldn’t want that, and I know he wouldn’t want that either.

tl;dr OP and a guy saw somebody get hit by a car and OP didn't feel a thing about it.

I read it. It felt depressing for a single second and then I realized he might have been a sex having normie or a Chad and I went right back to browsing Steam's marketplace.

I'd hate to talk shit about a person who's dead, but he was just barely normie looking, maybe even below. He was ethnic like me.

Life goes on and so do we. I’d be more concerned about the inconvenience tbh.

Life does go on, but it's unfair lives can end so quickly for no good reason. Oh well.

You’re dead inside, we all are friendo

That's true, but there's a lot of LARPers here so I think they'd be traumatized.

I don’t think anyone with a healthy social life is dead inside. It’s most likely because you’re lonely. When I get really lonely, my mind goes to some crazy places. But when I’m around people.. doesn’t matter who, just people, I feel empathy again. So I don’t think you’re incapable of having feelings for other poeple, or feeling sad for them.. you’ve probabaly just been alone way too long and don’t have any love in your life so people mean nothing to you at this point.

Loneliness is such a fuckign terrible disease man. It makes your life shit then it kills you.

That’s really fucked up what happened to that guy.. was crossing the street probabaly whistling in his head, not a care in the world, probabaly in his way to go eat something or whatever, and bam, his life is over. people need to always be reminded that their cars are 3000 pound steel projectiles.

That's the thing, man. I do have a healthy social life. I am surrounded by people often. I even go to college. I do agree it's because of my loneliness and me being jaded as a result of my loneliness. But that's true, I don't have any love in my life, and strangers mean nothing to me. Yeah, it's really fucked up but what can we do. The driver was most likely a drunk driver, he didn't want driving under influence being an extra crime of his, so I assume that's why it took him three days to turn himself in.

Irresponsible drivers are the scum of the Earth and deserve to be burned to death
Yeah I hate those morons

I agree brothers, I honestly hate them.

Well written text and touching story.

>Everytime he will look in the mirror, he will be reminded of his brother. Everytime he gets good news, he will get excited and won't be able to wait to tell his brother, only to realize he is gone, for good

:feels::feels:

Thank you, brother. I wanted to try and let people connect with the victims of such tragedies. I am glad that it touched you.

At least he died instead of ending up a drooling vegetable.

I understand your point and I'd say you're right, it helps us forget our own problems for a while. And I agree, death is preferable when you have to decide between death and being a vegetable.

You obviously felt some empathy for the kid otherwise you would've walked off and not even dwelled on the incident. I saw a mini cooper get T boned in a busy intersection, I wasn't sure if the two guys we're dead but one of them was just hanging outside of the car on the asphalt unconscious. Me and my friends called an ambulance and then went on our way to go blaze. Its crazy how silent everything was after the accident.

I actually feel empathy towards the people he has left behind, as messed up as it sounds I don't feel much for the victim himself. I'm dwelling on it because people don't realize how much an accident like that can impact so many people; mainly the family of the victim. I hope the guys in your story are ok. I don't wish death on anyone, except for degenerate whores.

If I saw the kid twitching, sprawled out on the ground, I would have averted my eyes from the accident and went about my day. At that point, “saving” him would mean that for the large remainder of his life he would be in a vegatitve state, I wouldn’t want that, and I know he wouldn’t want that either.

That's actually what my other friend did, he said when he saw the body twitching he immediately looked away, because he has a hard time dealing with such stuff. He said he intended on taking me away as well but little did he know I couldn't care less about seeing somebody who's about to die. I just don't feel anything. And that's true, nobody wants to be a vegetable.

lol if he was a chad who fucked bitches then w/e idc. He lived more life than me and I am 24

lol if he was a chad who fucked bitches then w/e idc. He lived more life than me and I am 24

He was ethnic with an average or maybe even below average face, also religious like me I assume due to his heritage. Same religion as me. I doubt he wasn't a virgin.

Tldr