Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel I miss the 2000's so bad

• Thread starter Deleted member 22685
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22685

Self-banned
-
So i was doing some research and looking for jobs online when that one song from GRITS came on autoplay and i instantly become flooded with emotions and nostalgia.
I remembered me being a carefree and somewhat lost child wondering what the future will hold and what will become of me, before i shake it off and go back to whatever i was doing at the time.
I remember watching the first snow fall and me not being able to wait to go outside and play in the snow.
I remember one of the greatest years ever of 2007, there was so much hope that things would pick up from here, only to be meet with one of the not so great moments of the 2000's: 2008 economic crash.
I remember everyone being a lot more innocent and pure, even on the internet.
I remember the internet in general not being flooded by narcissistic normies, clickbait and retardation.
I remember seeing the computer and video games for the first time and being fascinated by them, to the point where i used to recreate what i saw on them in real life(very autistic i know). Visiting my cousins was one of my favourite things to do because of the games they had on the computer, Counter Strike 1.6 in particular.
I remember "All your base are belong to us" and the "This is Sparta" remixes.
Remember 2000's Youtube and when it was about you? Remember the memes that were born during that time? Remember MSN messenger?

Most of my life from 2015 and onwards has been spent in misery and sadness, high school in particular was a very dark time for me and i was close to ending it right there. Every year the world keeps digging itself deeper into shit, and every year i lose will to live more and more. I don't even bother to go outside on the summer time, let alone winter now because i just think to myself: "What's the point, why bother?" I have no motivation to do anything and im living life on spectator mode nowadays. I can't even imagine how hellish it's going to be 20 years from now for example.
Why is the world like this? If there is something good that comes out now it's usually overshadowed by the myriad of things that aren't.
My self esteem is shattered but the youth and childhood dreams that are still inside me are wishing for something more, something not capable of being achieved..
Perhaps this is all in my mind, perhaps 2007 might have been the worst year in reality, but God damn what i wouldn't give to be a child and get to re-experience all the mentioned stuff again :feelsbadman:.

"It's time like these that make me say, lord if you see me please come my way" -GRITS - My Life Be Like
"You miss the things you hated long ago" -Pulse Ultra - Build Your Cages
"Destroy the world that we took so long to make" -BUSH - The People That We Love

I remember one of the greatest years ever of 2007, there was so much hope that things would pick up from here,
170af61300e6c0091714cdccc999437e2e6ddb4e7d3745b4337aead953a6dfc5

Same, from about 2015-16, just like you. I am also filled with nostalgia and misbeliefs, the latter is often an illusion that come from the precedent.

Most of all, what I miss the most is my teenage years, and somehow the better treatment I got from my relatives. I was more interested in the world, and open-minded on new possibilities, I lost all of it.

So i was doing some research and looking for jobs online when that one song from GRITS came on autoplay and i instantly become flooded with emotions and nostalgia.
I remembered me being a carefree and somewhat lost child wondering what the future will hold and what will become of me, before i shake it off and go back to whatever i was doing at the time.
I remember watching the first snow fall and me not being able to wait to go outside and play in the snow.
I remember one of the greatest years ever of 2007, there was so much hope that things would pick up from here, only to be meet with one of the not so great moments of the 2000's: 2008 economic crash.
I remember the internet in general not being flooded by narcissistic normies, clickbait and retardation.
I remember seeing the computer and video games for the first time and being fascinated by them, to the point where i used to recreate what i saw on them in real life(very autistic i know). Visiting my cousins was one of my favourite things to do because of the games they had on the computer, Counter Strike 1.6 in particular.
Remember 2000's Youtube and when it was about you? Remember the memes that were born during that time? Remember MSN messenger?

Most of my life from 2015 and onwards has been spent in misery and sadness, high school in particular was a very dark time for me and i was close to ending it right there. Every year the world keeps digging itself deeper into shit, and every year i lose will to live more and more. I don't even bother to go outside on the summer time, let alone winter now because i just think to myself: "What's the point, why bother?" I have no motivation to do anything and im living life on spectator mode nowadays. I can't even imagine how hellish it's going to be 20 years from now for example.
Why is the world like this? If there is something good that comes out now it's usually overshadowed by the myriad of things that aren't.
My self esteem is shattered but the youth and childhood dreams that are still inside me are wishing for something more, something not capable of being achieved..
Perhaps this is all in my mind, perhaps 2007 might have been the worst year in reality, but God damn what i wouldn't give to be a child and get to re-experience all the mentioned stuff again :feelsbadman:.

"It's time like these that make me say, lord if you see me please come my way" -GRITS - My Life Be Like
"Destroy the world that we took so long to make" -BUSH - The People That We Love
Nostalgia has blinded you tbh the world still sucked even back then.

I just miss childhood
I didn't have to worry about stuff
I could just live

Honestly, I miss 2009-2015, more than the 2000s, or even the 1990s, because I had a better life, more hope, greater opportunities I did not take, mostly.

Honestly, I miss 2009-2015, more than the 2000s, or even the 1990s, because I had a better life, more hope, greater opportunities I did not take, mostly.
2012 is when the world ended, as such we are all in hell right now. You can't change my mind that this isn't true tbh.

2012 is when the world ended, as such we are all in hell right now. You can't change my mind that this isn't true tbh.
I have always lived in hell, some periods were just less painful than others. Now is true hell. I remember this BS that the world would have ended on 12.12.2012 based on the Maya calendar, or that there would be WWIII. Nothing happened. True hell started in 2016, with all these open worldwide satanic ceremonies and now with this Great Reset.

Yeah when ur a kid the blackpill sorta takes a back seat until puberty

I liked the edgy bands of the 2000's. Seems like a carefree time. You had stuff like backstreet boys but you also had the numetal bands. Also the emerging rave scene before it became commercialized. Just seemed like a good time to be young, you can grab your bmx bike or skateboard and go, with none of this forced hostile "inclusiveity". You could also plug your original xbox and chill at home.

I mean look at this limp bizkit concert just people bouncing and moshing without no BLM propaganda.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACh04DwnUT0

Shuffle to Hardstyle

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLArb1tegWI

Reminds me of blink182 adams song, that was how the 2000's ended.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh3NEUt3yc

TAKE ME BACK TO 2004

I liked the edgy bands of the 2000's. Seems like a carefree time. You had stuff like backstreet boys but you also had the numetal bands. Also the emerging rave scene before it became commercialized. Just seemed like a good time to be young, you can grab your bmx bike or skateboard and go, with none of this forced hostile "inclusiveity". You could also plug your original xbox and chill at home.

I mean look at this limp bizkit concert just people bouncing and moshing without no BLM propaganda.

Shuffle to Hardstyle

View attachment 387817

Me too, it may not have been the best or even decent music but at least it wasn't the ear-melting garbage we have today.

Welcome to the club. My life has been pretty similar to yours. It's unbearable an existence to live with the only upside being that I at least got to enjoy the 2000s while they were still around. Now from 2011 onwards my life has been a complete disaster. I would give anything to put myself in the same old shoes I used to be in as I was back then, but I realize that is impossible now. There's no turning back ever. Maybe I can look at it in a "glass half-empty" kind of way, but even then what would I be enjoying? I don't work, I don't have a car, I rarely ever get to leave the house, my family treats me like shit, every day is forgettable and literally the same, I could go on.

Last edited:
2000s = innocence, internet was new, not sold out to Google, no normies or dumb meme culture. Those were the days.

2000s = innocence, internet was new, not sold out to Google, no normies or dumb meme culture. Those were the days.
Google was already popular in the 2000s and the most used search engine during the entire decade. Just a little difference, not everything was evolving around this corporation like today, and they did not bought all their competitors yet.

Google was already popular in the 2000s and the most used search engine during the decade.
Yes, but Google did not buy Youtube yet. But now Reddit, social media and Google dominate the internet.

Familiarity between most of us is that we miss the days when we were in our youth not knowing the reality around us with complete naivety.

Wish I was aborted

I can definitely relate man... it seems in this day & age we are locked in this bad dystopia that we can't get out of...

I can definitely relate man... it seems in this day & age we are locked in this bad dystopia that we can't get out of...
A proto dystopia yes, it's preparing for the worst to come.

Miss the 90s, mostly of non life and the bits that were i dont remmeber

I miss most of the 90s and early 2000s. I mainly miss the era before my grandpa died (2009), everything before that now feels like some unobtainable dream. My mental problems were starting to manifest more severely but I could still do shit like drive and I took shitty IT classes at this school an hour away but the fun part was being alone for the drive, blasting Tool and Muse like a faggot.

1997 was the year I got to know the internet, obviously it was much better than today's crap unless there was no youtube. plus I finally finished high school at night so I spent half a year at home justifiably and it was also the time when anime was in demand. everything went to shit in 2007.

I would give everything and more to go back then tbhngldedsrs

I figured out I'd be an incel in 2005 or 2006.

I have no nostalgia for the past because my past was as bad as my present

before cellphones/smartphones took off. i think it was better times. maybe im just old now?

Dunno if I missed the 00's maybe when it came to technology but personally nope.

1997 was the year I got to know the internet, obviously it was much better than today's crap unless there was no youtube.
netscape and quicktime player were the main options for browsing and watching online clips tbh
Grainy graphics and sound quality in whatever clips you found too ngl
plus I finally finished high school at night so I spent half a year at home justifiably and it was also the time when anime was in demand. everything went to shit in 2007.
2001 in a small way and then 2007 in a big way.
I would give everything and more to go back then tbhngldedsrs
Unironically those times and everyone around you would have been way more bluepilled back then. But at least they'd have been more consistent in their views tbh

Last edited:

Shuffle to Hardstyle

View attachment 387817

That kid in the middle is future .co member

It was better. Internet culture and demographics were way better. Speech was a lot more free. Most of the posts made on this forum wouldn't have been that out of place then. Jokes about women were the norm, nobody called you an incel or virgin for not putting women on a pedestal.
Not not raelly. What is considered "hostile sexism" and shitting on women would still be looked down on even on the chans.