Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel I made a mistake in Daggerfall

• Thread starter bigantennaemay1
  • Start date
bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
I took a quest from some stupid fat fuck innkeeper, to find some dude and kill him, and I would get 63 gold. What happened instead is that I spent the last five hours going to one endless dungeon, finding a map to a second endless dungeon, going there, finding a map to a third dungeon, poking my head in the third dungeon for a little while before giving up and saying fuck this shit, the innkeeper can stuff it. At least I made off with a fuckton of armor, weapons, and sold a ton of looted shit for about 13,000 gold (in the form of a letter of credit I shoved in my pocket because gold weighs a nonzero amount for some reason in this game). I guess that makes up for the reputation hit I'll take for not finishing the quest. But honestly, fuck Daggerfall dungeons. They're way too large, labyrinthine, and the maps are garbage as hell and make the whole matter infinitely worse. And that's literally all I did for five hours.

Arena and Morrowind are infinitely superior, as is Nehrim, the full-conversion mod of Oblivion (because Oblivion is still even more ass than Daggerfall).

holy shit now i want to play morrowind

if you can keep going at something for 5 hours straight then it is definitely interesting for you

Oblivion bores the fuck out of me without mods. Feels like they watered it down to suit the ‘portals’, which ended up as repetitive as humanly possible. I’m quite into ESO right now, but I only play solo because of the fags

holy shit now i want to play morrowind

if you can keep going at something for 5 hours straight then it is definitely interesting for you
Yeah, I suppose you're right. I've been playing more Daggerfall today, as it were. And I was playing Morrowind again last night, and will be doing the same tonight, probably for at least 4 hours.

Oblivion bores the fuck out of me without mods. Feels like they watered it down to suit the ‘portals’, which ended up as repetitive as humanly possible. I’m quite into ESO right now, but I only play solo because of the fags
Elder Scrolls has been going steeply downhill since Morrowind, though I will admit that vanilla Skyrim is better than vanilla Oblivion. I don't even bother with Oblivion anymore (except very rarely on my PS3); I always just turn it into Nehrim and leave it at that.

And yeah, I can easily imagine liberal alphabet people ruining anything for anybody they interact with.

trucels cheatenginemaxx and get unlimited gold
Nah. Not for Daggerfall. I'll happily exploit the duplication glitch on expensive scrolls in Oblivion, though, for easy cash, as Oblivion needs all the help it can get to be entertaining.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I've been playing more Daggerfall today, as it were. And I was playing Morrowind again last night, and will be doing the same tonight, probably for at least 4 hours.
wow you are heavily into RPGs

Hmmmm... Only TES? Maybe go for something else, like Baldurs Gate?

wow you are heavily into RPGs

Hmmmm... Only TES? Maybe go for something else, like Baldurs Gate?
No, I'm very picky, I'm heavily into a very small niche, which happens to include western RPGs of a certain nature. And it's not just (early) TES, I also play Two Worlds, and I play the full-conversion mods for Oblivion and Skyrim (instead of Oblivion and Skyrim themselves), Nehrim and Enderal, respectively.

Is Baldurs Gate a god's-eye view perspective? Because I really don't like games like that. Gotta be first-person or over the shoulder third person; preferably first person, though.

No, I'm very picky, I'm heavily into a very small niche, which happens to include western RPGs of a certain nature. And it's not just (early) TES, I also play Two Worlds, and I play the full-conversion mods for Oblivion and Skyrim (instead of Oblivion and Skyrim themselves), Nehrim and Enderal, respectively.

Is Baldurs Gate a god's-eye view perspective? Because I really don't like games like that. Gotta be first-person or over the shoulder third person; preferably first person, though.
Yeah, gods eye, sadly that it is not your thing