Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I kinda wanna get into football (soccer) but idk how

Deleted member 101

Deleted member 101

I just wanna be loved, but don’t think I’m worthy
-
Ever since going to a Paris Saint Germain game last summer and playing a lot of FIFA lately I’ve starting liking football more. Used to think it’s boring, now I think it’s cool. But it’s so much harder to get into than other sports since it’s not big (other than the women’s national team) in the States at the professional level, and there are so many fucking teams. I even have purchased three jerseys this year alone (PSG Mbappé, Arsenal Aubameyang, Juventus Ronaldo)

Like I wanna pick a Premier League team to support but I can’t pick between Arsenal and Liverpool. Arsenal is shit but they have cool shirts and have history. Liverpool is fun to watch but I would feel like a bandwagonning cunt if I supported a team with so much recent success

Also there’s so much history and shit I’d need to catch up on that would take a while

Also, can you support more than one club if they’re from different leagues? Like can I like Arsenal and Juventus and Barça at the same time?

I know many of you hate sports but I’d imagine some of the Eurofags here at least kinda like football

I like football , I support PSG.You can only support 1 club. Why don't you pick Chelsea? Pulisic plays there

I also watched football for a long time but it gets boring as hell I can tell you

support spurs man

@Newbie17

I dont watch sports ngl

I like football , I support PSG.You can only support 1 club. Why don't you pick Chelsea? Pulisic plays there
I like Arsenal’s shirts and Pulisic hasn’t played much yet tbh
Arsenal is garbage this year tho
But Liverpool is so much fun to watch. Salah, Mané, Firmino, Virgil are all fun to watch. But I’d feel like a poser.
I dont watch sports ngl
After buying an Arsenal shirt in London I am officially banned from supporting Tottenham lol

I like Arsenal’s shirts and Pulisic hasn’t played much yet tbh
Arsenal is garbage this year tho
But Liverpool is so much fun to watch. Salah, Mané, Firmino, Virgil are all fun to watch. But I’d feel like a poser.
Support the club you like the most. That you like watching and feel curiosity about them , Their history etc... But all the clubs in the Top 6 hate each other , So it's kinda weird to have an Arsenal shirt , Kits change every year.

Take an acting class vro

Last edited:
Support the club you like the most. That you like watching and feel curiosity about them , Their history etc... But all the clubs in the Top 6 hate each other , So it's kinda weird to have an Arsenal shirt , Kits change every year.
Well I don’t wanna support multiple clubs in the same league but I haven’t committed to one team yet and I was only buying these shirts because I liked the player on them and the design
If I became a committed Liverpool fan I might donate my Aubameyang
Or keep it because he’s a good player
Take an acting class bro

Neymar got the highest grade in this class when he turned into a human tumbleweed

I honestly believe that the FIFA video game series has done more to promote soccer than the US FA has. Since you’re American, you can catch Premier League games on NBC channels, Bundesliga on Fox Sports, Serie A on ESPN+ and La Liga and Ligue 1 (PSG) on Beinsports. MLS is later in the year and doesn’t have a fixed channel, but you can watch your “local” MLS team on a regional sports network. Also, Champions league is on TNT.

You should just follow a team that excites you tbh. An American will always be seen as a lesser fan by the Europeans, so there isn’t any need to please someone when following a European team. Following multiple teams in the same league doesn’t really make sense to me, but it’s not a crime to do so. Many people follow multiple teams in different leagues. However, most people have a club they are an ardent supporter for even if they follow teams in other leagues.

Sporting culture here in America seems to be a lot more relaxed than in other parts of the world so that’s something to take into account. It’s also important to be mindful of the culture of a club. For instance, Premier League teams pride them selves on being positive influences in their communities due to their beginnings as local sports clubs. Even clubs with dodgy pasts have cleaned up their images. Idk if that matters to you, but its something important to many clubs.

You should play it. Srs pretty good cope tbh, even manlets can be effective lol.

support spurs man
Why don't you pick Chelsea?
After buying an Arsenal shirt in London I am officially banned from supporting Tottenham lol
Pick Tottenham
Ghandi

Last edited:
I don’t like playing it because I’m scared the ball will get kicked in my face, and there’s always that one guy or a couple of dudes that ball hog the entire game and make it unfun. Watching soccer games are fun, but not neccessarily on TV, but in person. It’s like 1 hour and 30 minutes or a little more of constant action. There’s no stopping unlike other sports such as football, basketball, etc.

Kick a ball. Congratulations you are now a footballer

I sucked at football in childhood, so was goalkeeper

Futbolas

Watch some more games and you might develop a liking for a particular team.

If you don't want to feel like a gloryhunter, consider a team that is considered more of an underdog. Leicester City, Wolves and Sheffield United are all having successful seasons in England, comfortably surpassing expectations. They are great to watch too - Wolves in particular were outstanding against Liverpool last night. The fact that Liverpool have almost double their points tally speaks volumes for the level at which they currently are.