Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming I just got the Halo Master Chief Collection on Steam

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
It was on sales for 20€ and for some time I was interested in getting it so I just did, it has 6 games so that's just a bit more than 3€ per game, seems fair to me :feelsokman: I could have pirated it but for games that are compilations of several games I prefer to buy them just for convenience, because probably I'm not going to marathon the 6 games so it doesn't make any sense to install them at the same time and occupy disk space pointlessly. If it's on Steam or with an official launcher then in just 2 clicks I install or uninstall the game I want whenever I want. And I can play the multiplayer without having to worry about finding a pirate server.

Also the only games of the Halo saga I played were Reach on Xbox 360 and the demo of Halo Combat Evolved on my shitty Toshiba laptop when I was in middle school. The multiplayer of Halo Reach was so much fun even if I didn't have Xbox Live (because my Xbox was pirated so I couldn't play online, risk of being banned), with my friend we played the horde mode (it was called diferent but basically resist waves of enemies, each wave with stronger type of enemy) or any versus modality (classic, juggernaut, zombie, etc.) on local multiplayer.

Fun fact: Elliot Rodger loved Halo games, one of his favorite videogame sagas of all time. Here's an extract from his manifesto: "Halo 3 came out in November. I got my mother to buy it for me on the very day it was released. I had a lot of fun playing it while drinking the special mountain dew flavor that was released with the game; Mountain Dew Game Fuel, it was called. The game definitely lived up to its expectations, and to my surprise I found myself playing it more than WoW for the first couple of weeks."

I love Halo, I have a lot of fond memories playing the series, especially 3.

Halo is overrated shit

I liked the Hello Master Chef collection!

Call of Duty is overrated shit

Fixed.

It was on sales for 20€ and for some time I was interested in getting it so I just did, it has 6 games so that's just a bit more than 3€ per game, seems fair to me :feelsokman: I could have pirated it but for games that are compilations of several games I prefer to buy them just for convenience, because probably I'm not going to marathon the 6 games so it doesn't make any sense to install them at the same time and occupy disk space pointlessly. If it's on Steam or with an official launcher then in just 2 clicks I install or uninstall the game I want whenever I want. And I can play the multiplayer without having to worry about finding a pirate server.

Also the only games of the Halo saga I played were Reach on Xbox 360 and the demo of Halo Combat Evolved on my shitty Toshiba laptop when I was in middle school. The multiplayer of Halo Reach was so much fun even if I didn't have Xbox Live (because my Xbox was pirated so I couldn't play online, risk of being banned), with my friend we played the horde mode (it was called diferent but basically resist waves of enemies, each wave with stronger type of enemy) or any versus modality (classic, juggernaut, zombie, etc.) on local multiplayer.

Fun fact: Elliot Rodger loved Halo games, one of his favorite videogame sagas of all time. Here's an extract from his manifesto: "Halo 3 came out in November. I got my mother to buy it for me on the very day it was released. I had a lot of fun playing it while drinking the special mountain dew flavor that was released with the game; Mountain Dew Game Fuel, it was called. The game definitely lived up to its expectations, and to my surprise I found myself playing it more than WoW for the first couple of weeks."

I didn't play Halo back when these games were first released. I started with this actually. It's really good value for the money.

I enjoy some Halo 3 multiplayer from time to time.

I got it a year or so ago, great games tbh impressed me very much and I spent a long time on the first 3 halos

surprising I guess as I remember getting Halo Remastered on the xb360 years ago, thinking it was trash and trading it soon afterward

Fixed.

I didn't play Halo back when these games were first released. I started with this actually. It's really good value for the money.

I enjoy some Halo 3 multiplayer from time to time.
No

It was on sales for 20€ and for some time I was interested in getting it so I just did, it has 6 games so that's just a bit more than 3€ per game, seems fair to me :feelsokman:
sounds nice, right now it's showing $50 for me

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

I'll do a follow in case it gets a decent sale I want to spend less than 20 bucks

43 GB install so I wouldn't even have space for this right now =/

I was real excited about my SSD but then realized there's no internal expansion bays so I'd need to rely on running external HDs for extra stroage and those tend not to be SSD

Epic Games doesn't seem to carry Halo so I guess there's no hope of getting it free.

are these Halo games playable online or just single player?

I want optiosn for offline play w/o connecting to Steam but also online multiplayer later I guess

@thespanishcel what controller do you plug into your PC to play? my ergonomics are shit

Halo Infinite is free but there's an 80 dollar single player campaign... 50GB install ugh. Should I avoid that until I've played the earlier games?

Last edited:
I tried to play halo. 1 and then 3. I got bored too fast. I don't like this kind of games anymore

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

I'll do a follow in case it gets a decent sale I want to spend less than 20 bucks

I was real excited about my SSD but then realized there's no internal expansion bays so I'd need to rely on running external HDs for extra stroage and those tend not to be SSD

Epic Games doesn't seem to carry Halo so I guess there's no hope of getting it free.

I want optiosn for offline play w/o connecting to Steam but also online multiplayer later I guess

@thespanishcel what controller do you plug into your PC to play? my ergonomics are shit

Halo Infinite is free but there's an 80 dollar single player campaign... 50GB install ugh. Should I avoid that until I've played the earlier games?

Yeah 20$ or less it's a really good price for that. You get a lot of games with decent length campaigns (between 6 and 10 hours which is good for a FPS) and the entire multiplayer of each game if you like that, so it's huge content. Regarding the install it's misleading, when you install it will be around 15GB because it will install only the launcher and Halo Reach. Then in the settings you can install and uninstall the games you want and when you want :feelsokman:

Regarding the controller I have a cheap 20€ (around 18$ I guess) Thrustmaster controller which rips off the design of the Xbox 360 controller. The materials are low quality and feel cheap but I've had it for more than 5 years and still working so I can't complain. It's quite comfortable but not as much as the official thing or high end controllers. For Halo Infinite I haven't played it.

Fellow Greekcel?:feelsaww::feelsaww::feelsaww:

Brutal master chef halo pill

Fellow Greekcel?:feelsaww::feelsaww::feelsaww:
wut? why would you think that? do greeks even use dollars? Canada here

Greek blood would be cool though like you guys have cool gods I want to turn into a swan and fuck women

I recently got it too.
However, I only really like Halo 3 and ODST if I'm going to be honest.

wut? why would you think that? do greeks even use dollars? Canada here

Greek blood would be cool though like you guys have cool gods I want to turn into a swan and fuck women
No no. It's just that your Steam page was in greek. Also, greek women are exactly the same as other westERn women.:blackpill:

your Steam page was in greek

store.steampowered.com/sub/376282/

displays as english for me

maybe it auto-detects language of readers and autotranslates somehow? dunno

store.steampowered.com/sub/376282/

displays as english for me

maybe it auto-detects language of readers and autotranslates somehow? dunno
I looked it up. It actually atumatically detects the language of the user and autotranslates it. Sorry for the missunderstanding.