Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I just bought a self help book.

narcissist

narcissist

Wizard
★★
I bought a book called 'how to win your friends and influence people' because I want to try to improve my social skills and it was a really cheap and popular book, so I just bought it.

Did I just waste my money?

That really depends on the content of the book. Many social interactions are linked to your looks, because this is how people perceive you irl. But it can maybe teach you how to act more like a Normie

I don't know, is this book made for normies? then it maybe won't help that much. I you're socially autistic you need a self help book for socially autistic people

That really depends on the content of the book. Many social interactions are linked to your looks, because this is how people perceive you irl. But it can maybe teach you how to act more like a Normie
I have to wait 3 days for it to ship and I haven't finished a book in a decade, I tried reading the Bible but got bored I guess.

I don't know, is this book made for normies? then it maybe won't help that much. I you're socially autistic you need a self help book for socially autistic people
Idk I bought it because it had 30 mil sales

I have to wait 3 days for it to ship and I haven't finished a book in a decade, I tried reading the Bible but got bored I guess.
Just send it back, if you are not learning anything from it

It can help you NT train tbh

I have a really old self help book from the 80's. I didn't help obviously.

I dont think a book with help with social skills.

yes you are retarded

I suppose some books can legit help you develop (just a little bit!) social skills, problem is though the results are usually not much improvement, and most books copy each other's words anyway.
Want me to give you the only advice that's useful in improving social skills?
Go out there. It's the only way, even if people look at you like a weirdo, the only way to truly decrease social anxiety and become somewhat more comfortable is by interacting with people face-to-face.
Good luck.

Yes I think you just wasted your money. A book can't fix your social self awareness.

It can help you NT train tbh
I bought a book called 'how to win your friends and influence people'
great book, very enjoyable to read too with Dale Carnegie conversational style and his illustrative anecdotes, I definitely learnt some things which I feel have improved the limited amount of conversation I engage in.

The best teacher is experience as they say

you didn't waste your money. one of my favorite books just because i like the idea of manipulation. Charles Manson read this book and took classes from the author before he started his cult. you should also look up mirroring. its not a book but a subtle way to manipulate people by mirroring their seating or standing position, their words, their tone, their facial expressions, and any other movements. its supposed to make them feel like they like you more for some reason they can't put their finger on. you could also pretend to like what they like if you really want to get them to like you. all people are looking for in others is a reflection of themselves. the most likeable people are their reflection.

NO! I liked your pink flowered birch tree avatar!

useless i had a book called how to get friends, either your extro sheep or you dont

Well, I have tried to search all kinds of advice and shit online, but I still act like an autist around other people. I havent tried any self-help books but I doubt they'd help me.

i think that book only works if you are already NT or at least close to NT

return that shit nigga

i've read it

it's common sense bullshit

money-down-toilet.jpg

Good book. Also try ''The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck''

I bought a book called 'how to win your friends and influence people' because I want to try to improve my social skills and it was a really cheap and popular book, so I just bought it.

Did I just waste my money?
Yes, buy a novel next time.

never pay for books ever again you can steal them all online.

My mom forced me to read it (LOL). It basically says to kiss people's asses

What happened to your pink birch tree avatar? I liked it.

>using a shitty book with WRITTEN words to help you with VERBAL AND BODY COMMUNICATION

200.gif