Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I have to train myself to be less empathic

SociallyStupid

SociallyStupid

Commander
Just now I saw a few highly upvoted comments on IT stating that men cannot accept anything from women. Previously I thought that in a society we should try to take care of each other, but that is not the case, everyone is just looking for him or herself. I at least need to stop caring about women's suffering just as they don't care about mine.

send pic of ur tits foid

It is hard to do that.

Ah, I have the perfect exchange to post relating to this, but I would kind of dox myself, so I can't.

It is hard to do that.
I know. Together with the paper showing that incels are less misogynistic than normal people, I think that all the foid hate threads make more sense than i would think ... they are there to become less empathic, to just treat them like you are treated by them.

I know. Together with the paper showing that incels are less misogynistic than normal people, I think that all the foid hate threads make more sense than i would think ... they are there to become less empathic, to just treat them like you are treated by them.
Insightful.

Just now I saw a few highly upvoted comments on IT stating that men cannot accept anything from women. Previously I thought that in a society we should try to take care of each other, but that is not the case, everyone is just looking for him or herself. I at least need to stop caring about women's suffering just as they don't care about mine.
IT toilets just wanna be rude obese whores with no consequence

Why in the hell would you give a shit about a gender that can survive in any city and any environment without a job, status or resources in lieu of having a cunt? While men are starving in the streets and hanging themselves and blowing their brans out of their skulls left and right because they feel so pressured by goyciety to perform to a higher standard while all the resources go to foids and their meagre lot?

Why in the hell would you give a shit about a gender that can survive in any city and any environment without a job, status or resources in lieu of having a cunt? While men are starving in the streets and hanging themselves and blowing their brans out of their skulls left and right because they feel so pressured by goyciety to perform to a higher standard while all the resources go to foids and their meagre lot?
It's not that I give a shit about a gender, it's that I feel empathy for everyone regardless of gender. But it's not a good strategy, you just get used and manipulated if you do it.

It's not that I give a shit about a gender, it's that I feel empathy for everyone regardless of gender. But it's not a good strategy, you just get used and manipulated if you do it.
Then stop, no one gives a shit about you, i'd rob you in a heartbeat if I knew i'd get away with it and so would most other people whether they want to admit it or not.

Being kind doesn't work unless you are a woman, and as a man it's just pitiful behavior, when someone drops their groceries in front of you, you walk past, when you see a car with a flat tire, you crank the radio up and speed past, you reserve your resources and energy for 2-3 close family members at best.

Either that or you will be the punching bag and joke for every normie to use as they please for the rest of your life.

Then stop, no one gives a shit about you, i'd rob you in a heartbeat if I knew i'd get away with it and so would most other people whether they want to admit it or not.
I mean, you cannot easily change how you feel or who you are. On a rational level, I understand that it's not good, but on an emotional level I still feel different and I will try to change that.
Either that or you will be the punching bag and joke for every normie to use as they please for the rest of your life.
Yes, I have been pretty much that. Always helped people, rarely got anything in return.

Damn, I would likely love to read it. Maybe a chance of a ChatGPT-generated summary?
It's a fairly short exchange between me and someone else talking about this exact problem and thinking about how you would go about intentionally killing off your own empathy or at least reducing it down to managable levels. The examples used are rather specific, so I don't think I want to mention them, but it has been a while since that discussion and I don't think either of us managed to succeed with our attempt in a meaningful sense.

I was born this way and by now I believe I will die this way. If I could see inside my own head // DNA and analyse my own brain('s blueprint) perfectly, I suspect I would be able to see some specific details about my brain structure that would explain to me why I always struggled with uncontrolled and uncontrolable empathy since early childhood. Maybe I could change that part of me through some extreme meassure, like working in a slaughter house for a few months, but I have no interest in doing that and I don't feel confident the risks would outweigh the benefits, anyways.

Yg7ok3m21vo71

I was born this way and by now I believe I will die this way. If I could see inside my own head // DNA and analyse my own brain('s blueprint) perfectly, I suspect I would be able to see some specific details about my brain structure that would explain to me why I always struggled with uncontrolled and uncontrolable empathy since early childhood. Maybe I could change that part of me through some extreme meassure, like working in a slaughter house for a few months, but I have no interest in doing that and I don't feel confident the risks would outweigh the benefits, anyways.
Ah, it's bad that you didn't find success. And yeah, it's always a risk/reward scenario, I am not sure what I am willing to do. Hacking my brain seems interesting on a theoretical level, but also dangerous. On the other hand, it would essentially mean the complete supremacy of the consciousness in a way.k

I hope you manage to do it one day in a less invasive way, then maybe you could explain to us how you did it?

EDIT: And sorry for simping, but you just are a better version of myself. If even you are an incel something is really wrong with this world.

Last edited:
It's a fairly short exchange between me and someone else talking about this exact problem and thinking about how you would go about intentionally killing off your own empathy or at least reducing it down to managable levels. The examples used are rather specific, so I don't think I want to mention them, but it has been a while since that discussion and I don't think either of us managed to succeed with our attempt in a meaningful sense.

View attachment 909904
What about directing that empathy only towards other incels?

if I could control it that percisely I wouldn't be struggling that much. though the way the wider public treats incels has greatly diminished my concern for them over time. openly displaying that you don't care about other people's suffering is one surefire way to position yourself outside my circle of moral concern, especially if there is no reasonable excuse for feeling that way.

Ah, it's bad that you didn't find success. And yeah, it's always a risk/reward scenario, I am not sure what I am willing to do. Hacking my brain seems interesting on a theoretical level, but also dangerous. On the other hand, it would essentially mean the complete supremacy of the consciousness in a way.k

I hope you manage to do it one day in a less invasive way, then maybe you could explain to us how you did it?

EDIT: And sorry for simping, but you just are a better version of myself. If even you are an incel something is really wrong with this world.
Sure, though I don't intent on trying again. I have come to enjoy that side of me to an extent.

I should add, i am trying to do exactly this, I want to help some of us, preferably directly and in person. If that isn't possible, I hope to find some struggling low status men in closer proximity to me and do something for them instead.

Oh sure. I understand, it also seems so morally right to care ...
Think I am completly indifferend to that question by now. My moral code revolved around utility-maximizing, but after seeing rationlists and their ilk (and everyone else) abandon both my race and sex to their misery, so they would be free to statusmax / pussymax, any desire to go into that direction has died out inside me. Suspect a strong instinct to punish defectors has to evolve in conjunction with an innate tendency towards cooperation, otherwise you are susceptible to exploitation. After a lifetime of caring for others, no one was willing to care for my people when the time came. That was the end of any desire for reciprocal exchange and any considerations for questions of morality in me.

What is left is a strong instinct that I have carried with me since I can remember and which motivates me and gives me a kind of confidence and will to power I usually lack. I can do things for others that I can't do for myself, and I can do them easily for others as well. I am a better person when I act for others, a person I like and respect more, so it makes sense to be that person as much as possible.

My moral code revolved around utility-maximizing,
Oh damn, damn, damn. You are really just an advanced version of me. If I met you on literally any other site I would want to meet you. (I know you have no reason to want to meet me, just wanted to say how impressed I am by you)
Suspect a strong instinct to punish defectors has to evolve in conjunction with an innate tendency towards cooperation, otherwise you are susceptible to exploitation.
Yes. I think in a simple "game" the most successful strategy was initially cooperating, then tit-for-tat, but I guess that only works for repeated encounters.
After a lifetime of caring for others, no one was willing to care for my people when the time came. That was the end of any desire for reciprocal exchange and any consideration for considerations of morality in me
Yes, understood.
I am a better person when I act for others, a person I like and respect more, so it makes sense to be that person as much as possible.
Yes, that absolutely makes sense.

Oh damn, damn, damn. You are really just an advanced version of me. If I met you on literally any other site I would want to meet you. (I know you have no reason to want to meet me, just wanted to say how impressed I am by you)
Thank you for the kind words. I don't really mind meeting people from on here, in fact, I have been trying to get exactly that to happen with some other users. Online acquaintances don't really satisfy my need for social interactions any longer and I have come to accept bigger risks as part of my desire to not die slowly rotting away in my room while waiting for some positive change to find me in here by itself. If you ever visit Germany (assuming you aren't already here), I would be happy if you would hit me up.
Yes. I think in a simple "game" the most successful strategy was initially cooperating, then tit-for-tat, but I guess that only works for repeated encounters.
I'm thinking of something less general, more in line with something like cold winter theory. A harsher climate selects for intelligence and cooperativeness, because you have to rely on each other to survive, meaning either everyone makes it or everyone dies. People who can't compromise for the sake of the group either get kicked out or wipe out their own group by creating unnecessary conflict.

In such a setting it makes sense to give and cooperate easly and freely. You can trust you will get something back in return in the long run and you have a vested interest in other members of your group doing well. But there probably still is a degree where you become too indiscriminately cooperative, where it starts to become possible for other members of your group to exploit you for their own benefit. If you give easily, you need to be harsh in punishing others who abuse this as a way to disincentivize such behavior and prevent it from becoming a pattern. Someone using you as part of a parasitic relationship is basically a death sentence, if not for you, then for your genes. Better to force a you-or-me type of conflict as quickly as possible. If you win, you gain respect and won't be bothered like that again, if not, it's the same as letting yourself be exploited. So, being sensitive to attempts at abusing your generosity makes sense as part of that whole pattern.

Obiously this is the kind of just-so evolutionary storytelling they warn you about in your first year, but a) this is no university, b) I have no strong attachement to this idea or the details I used to illustrate it, it's mostly just an intuition around there being a conncection between being cooperative and being unforgiving to defection/exploitation of good will, something you would base a hypothesis on to test later, not the actual test result.

Last edited: