Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I have come to the conclusion that morality is useless.

Limitcel

Limitcel

Matthew 25-29 / Eppur si muove
★★★★
To tell the truth, I don't even know exactly how to explain this or how to express this feeling

But the famous stereotype of "You don't like the nice guy" even though it is used as a joke, the recurrence of situations like this and the joking way they treat a person who is "nice", for me, there is something in this behavior that destroys the dream of creating a world with less pain

When they make fun of the "nice guy", it is somehow implied, even from real experiences, that they are making fun of being nice, as much as they say no, it's hard to deny it because firstly they don't care about honoring a good attitude and secondly I've never seen anyone make jokes about "bad guys"
(I won't even talk about double standards and why when the good is awarded it is usually false)

Because evil will always be treated better than good, there is no place for compassion in this world
Many people even feel contempt just because I mention this, they treat people who follow universal morals, even rational Kantian ones, with contempt.
Just by me saying that it is wrong for a good person to be treated badly and a bad person to be treated well, there are people who will want to find a way to invert these values, to justify this behavior
"Both are the same"

That said, regardless of whether you think this is right or wrong, and i am making a value judgment but I am not imposing anything, I come to the conclusion that due to its inapplicability, any construction of a moral ends up being flawed, it ends up generating only more contradictions.
The long-term consequences of this are that there will no longer be any way to sustain this and no one will help anymore, and for sure, many still believe, even if unconsciously, in the possibility of a fair love
It will backfire, everyone will realize when it's too late

Perhaps the only way to seek good, if you believe in it, is in isolation.

It's all relative to begin with

Nature surely didn't have any morals when he was creating subhumans like us. So why should we have morals?

Deep down I do believe in objective morality, whether I have a good reason to or not. But I agree that it's completely useless. The only way it could be not useless is if there was a god or something that would act as a judge and enact justice. Without that, it's every man for himself. And I don't believe such a being exists.