Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I have a few ideas,but have no fucking clue which ones i should flesh out,and turn into an actual fucking story

Billowel

Billowel

Ed junior
-
A failed writer is a sad thing

Your first book is going to be shit no matter what you do. I suggest to take one of them and just go ahead.

Write them all down and then flesh out them all

I'm the same way.

I have many things i want to express and write but i'm not good at formulating my thoughts into written form.

I'm the same way.

I have many things i want to express and write but i'm not good at formulating my thoughts into written form.
graduating out of failed writers academy seems impossible.all i can do is try and hope for the best.

So the best way to become a better writer is to just write. Every day. Even when you don't feel like it.

But if you want actual concrete advice, here are some tips:

People will give you a ton of advice and then tell you to disregard it and make your own rules. These people think that this is a very clever way of telling you to "be creative," and to express yourself freely. These people are wrong. You aren't a magical genius, you are an idiot monkey with a keyboard and a word processor. Take every bit of advice you can and then use it until you understand it.

Write shorter sentences. The #1 problem with beginning writers is run-on sentences peppering their writing. If you have more than one comma, reconsider that sentence. If your sentence has more than one clear idea, reconsider that sentence.

Clarity over beauty. You will eventually be able to write clearly and beautifully, but when you are starting, it is far, FAR more important that your ideas and the progression of your stories are clear to your audience. Don't be vague, don't be coy. You don't need to provide all of the information you can possibly give, but you shouldn't be withholding information without reason.

To improve your descriptive prowess, write short stories about objects where you just describe them without saying what they are, or even what they look like. Really try to limit yourself to under 250 words. If you have a friend, you can make a game of it; you both try to describe something without saying what it is, and then see if the other person can guess. This is good, because you want to be vague enough to be challenging, but not so vague as to be inscrutable.

READ YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER. Read. A lot. Read BOOKS. It's astounding how many people I know have come up to me talking about their ideas for a novel or a movie or whatever, and then when I ask them how long ago they last read a full book, I just get a dumbfounded look. It's so vital to have influences to ape and imitate and steal from. If there is a writer out there that you love, you need to understand that you love them because they are able to communicate with you.

It's the difference between the Harry Potter series as written by JK Rowling and the Harry Potter series as recounted to you by your excited eleven-year-old niece who can sort of almost remember all of the movies. Even though both of them are telling the exact same story, one of them is communicating that story in a clear, direct, and paced manner, while the other one took a sip of your coffee when you weren't looking and she's also thinking about slap bracelets and pink earmuffs or whatever.

Before you start writing longer stories, try to work out a formula. You know that all stories have a beginning, middle, and end. You might have also heard terms like "climax" and "denouement," "rising action" and "falling action," that sort of thing. Look these terms up. Go to the tvtropes page for your favourite show and see if you can find some tropes and terms that affect the progress of the show.

Don't be afraid to retell stories. If you don't have anything you feel like writing about, it's fine to take a breather day and just do something easy or fun. Try finding a writing prompt that grabs you on r/writingprompts (or just google it, writingprompts kind of sucks). Try writing a fairy tale from the perspective of the villain. Try writing out the lyrics of a song and turning it into a story. Try telling the story of how you got an object that you treasure. You don't need to work ridiculously hard to have a positive day. Just make sure you get some work in as often as you can.

Practice. Practice endlessly. Write constantly. Always. If you can write once a day, write once a day. If you can write once a month, shut up, you can write more, write more. If you're the kind of person who sets goals by the number, then aim for 500-1000 words a day. If you don't like setting goals, well, you're going to need to start setting goals. Try for something easy, like writing a short story or a retelling of a fairy tale every week.

So the best way to become a better writer is to just write. Every day. Even when you don't feel like it.

People will give you a ton of advice and then tell you to disregard it and make your own rules. These people think that this is a very clever way of telling you to "be creative," and to express yourself freely. These people are wrong. You aren't a magical genius, you are an idiot monkey with a keyboard and a word processor. Take every bit of advice you can and then use it until you understand it.

Write shorter sentences. The #1 problem with beginning writers is run-on sentences peppering their writing. If you have more than one comma, reconsider that sentence. If your sentence has more than one clear idea, reconsider that sentence.

Clarity over beauty. You will eventually be able to write clearly and beautifully, but when you are starting, it is far, FAR more important that your ideas and the progression of your stories are clear to your audience. Don't be vague, don't be coy. You don't need to provide all of the information you can possibly give, but you shouldn't be withholding information without reason.

To improve your descriptive prowess, write short stories about objects where you just describe them without saying what they are, or even what they look like. Really try to limit yourself to under 250 words. If you have a friend, you can make a game of it; you both try to describe something without saying what it is, and then see if the other person can guess. This is good, because you want to be vague enough to be challenging, but not so vague as to be inscrutable.

READ YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER. Read. A lot. Read BOOKS. It's astounding how many people I know have come up to me talking about their ideas for a novel or a movie or whatever, and then when I ask them how long ago they last read a full book, I just get a dumbfounded look. It's so vital to have influences to ape and imitate and steal from. If there is a writer out there that you love, you need to understand that you love them because they are able to communicate with you.

It's the difference between the Harry Potter series as written by JK Rowling and the Harry Potter series as recounted to you by your excited eleven-year-old niece who can sort of almost remember all of the movies. Even though both of them are telling the exact same story, one of them is communicating that story in a clear, direct, and paced manner, while the other one took a sip of your coffee when you weren't looking and she's also thinking about slap bracelets and pink earmuffs or whatever.

Before you start writing longer stories, try to work out a formula. You know that all stories have a beginning, middle, and end. You might have also heard terms like "climax" and "denouement," "rising action" and "falling action," that sort of thing. Look these terms up. Go to the tvtropes page for your favourite show and see if you can find some tropes and terms that affect the progress of the show.

Don't be afraid to retell stories. If you don't have anything you feel like writing about, it's fine to take a breather day and just do something easy or fun. Try finding a writing prompt that grabs you on r/writingprompts (or just google it, writingprompts kind of sucks). Try writing a fairy tale from the perspective of the villain. Try writing out the lyrics of a song and turning it into a story. Try telling the story of how you got an object that you treasure. You don't need to work ridiculously hard to have a positive day. Just make sure you get some work in as often as you can.

Practice. Practice endlessly. Write constantly. Always. If you can write once a day, write once a day. If you can write once a month, shut up, you can write more, write more. If you're the kind of person who sets goals by the number, then aim for 500-1000 words a day. If you don't like setting goals, well, you're going to need to start setting goals. Try for something easy, like writing a short story or a retelling of a fairy tale every week.
if i ever write something,could i send you the draft?

if i ever write something,could i send you the draft?
Sure boyo. I will go through them and show you what you need to improve on. Your skills will improve considerably once you start sharing with others.

Haven’t I seen this before

That's it i'm blocking and reporting you hunty