Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I hate Unreal Engine like you wouldn't believe

starystulejarz

starystulejarz

30+ years old khfl slavcel neetcel (13yrs+) virgin
★★★★★
So i just started playing Persona 3 Reloaded and while it usually runs great there are a lot of random stutters that occur at any time thanks to the shader compilation issue that have been inside every UE4/5 game for almost a decade. It's also pretty annoying how menu is at 30fps.

Every time i'm launch a new scene with new objects my game will stutter and drop from 120fps to 30fps for one second. Ofc it has Denuvo but this time loading times are fine and not that slow even on my HDD.

Why can't those clowns make a good engine? It's also infested with awful TAA and TSR that blurs entire screen and you have to play at 4k to have sharp image as you would see in games of the past at 1080p.

Nice pc port bro :feelshaha:

EoTU was made using UE4.

EoTU was made using UE4.
Interesting maybe they are one of the rare devs that actually try to understand that engine and customize it. Most devs just use default garbage settings and don't change cache size of TAA. And there are hundreds of other options.

As a gamedev ive started making stuff in pure OpenGL and ive never looked back. Unity and Unreal Engine are fantastic *toys* that can do pretty much anything you want but if you want to make anything that goes beyond your standard fps or openworld adventure slop youll be fighting the engine every step of the way.

They fill these things with so many useless features and they're so abstracted that its nearly impossible to optimize because all the rendering code is all over the place. Not to mention the hacky cpu intensive work arounds you have to do because you do have access to low level draw calls

As a gamedev ive started making stuff in pure OpenGL and ive never looked back. Unity and Unreal Engine are fantastic *toys* that can do pretty much anything you want but if you want to make anything that goes beyond your standard fps or openworld adventure slop youll be fighting the engine every step of the way.

They fill these things with so many useless features and they're so abstracted that its nearly impossible to optimize because all the rendering code is all over the place. Not to mention the hacky cpu intensive work arounds you have to do because you do have access to low level draw calls
Better use Vulkan, Opengl is really bad when it comes to multicore rendering and runs like ass especially on AMD.

What about the engine Assassins Creed games use?

Everything up to Rogue at least.

Better use Vulkan, Opengl is really bad when it comes to multicore rendering and runs like ass especially on AMD.
The Engine used by the Jak and Daxter games is the most eccentric of them all.

Meh, I like OpenGL because the community is huge and you have all of that low level design functionality without going too far in depth and there are some excellent third party packages that streamline the process of things. Besides my art style is more inspired by the early 2000s instead. I fucking hate PBR.

The only thing I hate is the lack of debug features with OpenGL. Black screens are not very helpful

Based. I also hate how generic so many of the unreal engine games end up looking, muh realism

What about the engine Assassins Creed games use?

Everything up to Rogue at least.
Im not saying theres anything explicitly wrong with using a mainstream engine, but in a lot of cases a lot of people would find it beneficial to just hack something together with raw c++ because unreal and unity are over engineered

Im not saying theres anything explicitly wrong with using a mainstream engine, but in a lot of cases a lot of people would find it beneficial to just hack something together with raw c++ because unreal and unity are over engineered
Yeah a Lot of $$$ behind it. But Open source like you Said is the way to go.

it is only a tool, it depends on the artist how he make games to me

PC gaming sucks. all just shitty ports of games that were made and or prioritized for console tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back