Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I hate the phrase “Everything happens for a reason”

ColdLightOfDay

ColdLightOfDay

Serge’s alt.
★★★★★
This is the most irritating phrase ever coined. Not only is massively inaccurate (the opposite is true infact) it teems with arrogance and implies there is intricate reasoning behind every bad event that may happen in an unlucky person’s life.

People tell you this when you are at your lowest and it is the last thing you want to hear. If something blows up in your face then people tell you this empty platitude in an attempt to placate you without considering that what it implies is far more insulting; so you mean there is a reason I have been handed a shit hand in life? Well what the fuck might that be? It also goes the other way and implies that those who have an excess of luck are for some reason more deserving than they those who do not.

All in all this phrase reinforces a totally unrealistic view of the world because it removes the importance of luck in success in almost every single facet of life.

People who have a good life tend to have a positive outlook in life. Because everything goes good for them they attribute it to god or whatever. They live ignorant of us, and people who are even worse than us.

"Yeah lil Mutumbe, do not worry. You were born an unwanted African child, sold into slavery by your parents, raped by the overseer, lost two fingers, your back hurts all the time. But you know what? Everything happens for a reason, God is awesome and has a plan for you!".

It's a crude way of trying to relay to someone that there is a higher spiritual order to the world, which is true. I wouldn't worry about it. They don't consciously even know what they mean when they tell you that, and you don't consciously get their message, until now since I've clarified it for you.

People who have a good life tend to have a positive outlook in life. Because everything goes good for them they attribute it to god or whatever. They live ignorant of us, and people who are even worse than us.

"Yeah lil Mutumbe, do not worry. You were born an unwanted African child, sold into slavery by your parents, raped by the overseer, lost two fingers, your back hurts all the time. But you know what? Everything happens for a reason, God is awesome and has a plan for you!".
Exactly. What was the reasoning behind the old man in India writhing in a gutter as he dies of Typhoid right now? Or the newborn baby being born addicted to crack in Fresno?
It's a crude way of trying to relay to someone that there is a higher spiritual order to the world, which is true. I wouldn't worry about it. They don't consciously even know what they mean when they tell you that, and you don't consciously get their message, until now since I've clarified it for you.
I get it loud and clear, I just totally disagree with it and think it’s pseudo-spiritual subtily conceited nonsense.

It's the philosophical equivalent of JUST B URSELF. low iq shit

This is the most irritating phrase ever coined. Not only is massively inaccurate (the opposite is true infact) it teems with arrogance and implies there is intricate reasoning behind every bad event that may happen in an unlucky person’s life.

People tell you this when you are at your lowest and it is the last thing you want to hear. If something blows up in your face then people tell you this empty platitude in an attempt to placate you without considering that what it implies is far more insulting; so you mean there is a reason I have been handed a shit hand in life? Well what the fuck might that be? It also goes the other way and implies that those who have an excess of luck are for some reason more deserving than they those who do not.

All in all this phrase reinforces a totally unrealistic view of the world because it removes the importance of luck in success in almost every single facet of life.

Yeah me too.

children dying and starving in africa happens for a reason

Everything does happen for a reason, there's just nothing grand about those reason. Just shit put in motion when the universe spawned billions of years ago.

Fuck normies.,

Everything does happen for a reason, there's just nothing grand about those reason. Just shit put in motion when the universe spawned billions of years ago.

I wish someone would crash a childs funeral and say this infront of the grieving parents.

Reminder that this happened for a reason.

It's true though, everything has a cause

It's true though, everything has a cause
It’s not true in the capacity people use it to console others. It’s a semantic issue. Yes there is a reasonable cause (in the past) for the event taking place, no there is not a forthcoming reason (in the future) as to why it had to happen, in most cases.

It’s not true in the capacity people use it to console others. It’s a semantic issue. Yes there is a reasonable cause (in the past) for the event taking place, no there is not a forthcoming reason (in the future) as to why it had to happen, in most cases.
Oh I see what you mean. You disapprove of applying teleology to everything.

Then I agree with you. Not everything that happens is good. A lot is downright bad. However, in many cases there is usually wisdom to be taken out of it; if only knowledge of powerlessness.

It's called teleology. It's the single biggest reason why Aristotle the Chad was a stink thinker and his introduction into European philosophy was one of the biggest calamities to impact our culture.

Last edited: