Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I hate open world games

Regenerator

Regenerator

JBWfag extermination advocate
★★★★★
There are boring & tedious & take too long to get to point A to point B. They are full of pointless collectibles which take hours to find too.
Linear, Fighting & FPS games are better.

Linear corridor like games or semi-open worlds like Deux Ex are way better than open world snoozefests.

Linear corridor like games or semi-open worlds like Deux Ex are way better than open world snoozefests.
Linear games are more fun to play for me excluding Soyny interactive movies.

I like them but there are simply way too many of them nowadays.

i liked them more when I was younger probably cuz there was a lot more mystery and novelty to the genre when youve first started playing. But once youve played enough and seen enough it becomes rather dull and predictable especially since many of them use the same or similar formulas for the overall gameplay loop

true, look at mafia and watch dogs i mean whats even the point of having an open world if it feels so empty and lifeless

- Ubisoft games come to mind.
Pretty much, literally all modern Ubishit games are perfect copies of each other but with a different game world. And sometimes not even that. Laziest company ever.

Pretty much, literally all modern Ubishit games are perfect copies of each other but with a different game world. And sometimes not even that. Laziest company ever.
You dont enjoy walking simulator #2424?

I prefer RTS and Grand Strategy games.

i liked them more when I was younger probably cuz there was a lot more mystery and novelty to the genre when youve first started playing. But once youve played enough and seen enough it becomes rather dull and predictable especially since many of them use the same or similar formulas for the overall gameplay loop
Same. Open world games were one of those ideas that's exciting in theory, but then reality is they're mostly busy work like fetch quests that pad out the length of the game.

I used to like them now my brains feels the pain just by thinking about running around those empty open worlds. Forza Horizon 1 at least let you drive and move fast around open world that is pretty limited in how often and how far you can go from the road so it's not that bad.

If the open world is filled with genuinely interest content and secrets like the original legend of Zelda game or elder scrolls I don't mind. However if it's ubislop tier design where the same content is copy and pasted to ad nauseam (ie: breath of the wild and elden ring) then i completely agree.

Open worlds have become an excuse for game devs to pad out their games and get praised for it. Breath of the Wild being lauded as one of the best games of all time despite having a scarce amount of meaningful content was the begining of the end for video games.

It's quantity over quality. They can be done well if they're done right, but no one's doing them right. Modern open world games are walking sims where you mindlessly collect shit DK64 style.

If the open world is filled with genuinely interest content and secrets like the original legend of Zelda game or elder scrolls I don't mind. However if it's ubislop tier design where the same content is copy and pasted to ad nauseam (ie: breath of the wild and elden ring) then i completely agree.

Open worlds have become an excuse for game devs to pad out their games and get praised for it. Breath of the Wild being lauded as one of the best games of all time despite having a scarce amount of meaningful content was the begining of the end for video games.
I blame normies for jerking off to boring and pointless games like Shadow of Colossus and Ico there is nothing there except walking/running/riding and fighting once and a blue moon.

:lul: :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul: it's ideal game for normies that hate gaming, ride for 30mins, smash huge monster a few times, get knocked down, waste 30secs to go back and smash him again on the glowing spot, kill it, rinse and repeat till the end (plus watch a couple of cutscenes). Once they accepted such shitty pseudo games it was only matter of times when big publisher would copy it's lazy and lifeless open world formula.

Last 3 assassin's creed games are everything that its wrong with open world games. Big world with braindead quests which becomes so repetitive. FF XV was the worst FF game, empty world with nothing interesting in it.

I blame normies for jerking off to boring and pointless games like Shadow of Colossus and Ico there is nothing there except walking/running/riding and fighting once and a blue moon.

View attachment 1268039
:lul: :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul: it's ideal game for normies that hate gaming, ride for 30mins, smash huge monster a few times, get knocked down, waste 30secs to go back and smash him again on the glowing spot, kill it, rinse and repeat till the end (plus watch a couple of cutscenes). Once they accepted such shitty pseudo games it was only matter of times when big publisher would copy it's lazy and lifeless open world formula.
"But muh story! Muh art form! Muh fee fees!" At least JRPGs had the common decency to have unique combat systems, classes and some level of exploration. Games like this are time wasters. Normies don't want actual challenge. They want the illusion of challenge where they can do everything the game tells them to and feel accomplished for playing glorified simon says. "ooh I followed the marker on the map and did the thing the game told me!? I'm so good at this game:soy: "

Meanwhile they complain about actual quality open world games like Morrowind that require you pay attention to what characters say and the world around you to progress. "no the game doesn't heckin tell me where to go? This is le bad game design!"

Open world games are great if the game type goes well with it. Just Cause 2/3 are amazing open world games because you have complete freedom, but a story driven game like Mafia is just tedious if its open world tbh

Being a kid is loving an open world game
Being an adult is loving a linear game

CEO troons like to make those games precisely BECAUSE they are empty and lazily made