Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I hate being the 'good guy'

WornOutHopecel

WornOutHopecel

Recruit
★★★★
When I was in my teens or 20's I saw some American tv-series or movie where a young girl was angrily ranting about how she hates being seen as the 'good girl'. I don't remember the specifics but it was something about her being mad about being boxed into this category of the timid, submissive, kind and obedient girl who does not care about having fun. That show may be very dated now (could have been 80's) but the message stuck with me.

I was raised to be a nice person and I am quite empathetic. However I sometimes feel disgusted at the fact that I have to jut my neck out and make a good impression with my acts and speech because my looks won't convince people and especially foids to assume nice things about me. After the first few thousand times of being thanked for your time, listening skills and what not it just gets stale. It feels gross using my hard earned skills to make a good impression and make myself inoffensive and make a positive impression on foids even if it costs me minimal energy nowadays. I guess that when you look a certain way you are expected to be submissive on some level but you still get dirty looks because you have to be the right balance of soy flavor and I think I'm on my way to being the master chef.

Now don't get me wrong; I will never want to stop being a 'good' person and I don't fantasize about being a dick to people but it would be nice to do it once or twice knowing it would not hurt them. As a chad every messed up act of mine could be rationalized as confidence and having a strong character.

Were you raised in a traditional white family?

There's a difference between being a doormat and being a good person. Batman is an example of the latter, he's objectively good for the most part and can't be considered an anti-hero, yet he doesn't take shit from anyone expect Alfred, just like Superman and most other non-anti hero characters.

The only good person that is entirely good is Jesus, everyone else is either imperfect for a good reason or are scumbags (E.g. foids).

There's a difference between being a doormat and being a good person. Batman is an example of the latter, he's objectively good for the most part and can't be considered an anti-hero, yet he doesn't take shit from anyone just like Superman and most other non-anti hero characters.
True. I perhaps should have elaborated on that. I have become somewhat assertive. I guess what I'm talking about are the situations where I'm just getting to know someone or need to. I would like to think that I don't really take much crap from people. I just naturally expect not to have much leverage and go out of my way to be socially graceful which is not necessarily even bad in any way. It just sucks knowing that I have to be that way because my looks won't carry me.

Yeah if you were a Chad women would see you as a project to be fixed.

“Oh he’s so adorable my love will fix him!”

Then the dumb bitch ends up beaten to death or hospitalized regularly by her thug boyfriend/husband she tried to “fix”.

Vid’s story related:

View: https://youtu.be/7BE4QcwX4dU?si=xzj758dKvs0bIUDC

Yeah if you were a Chad women would see you as a project to be fixed.

“Oh he’s so adorable my love will fix him!”

Then the dumb bitch ends up beaten to death or hospitalized regularly by her thug boyfriend/husband she tried to “fix”.

Vid’s story related:

View: https://youtu.be/7BE4QcwX4dU?si=xzj758dKvs0bIUDC

Yeah in my mind I started simping for a cruel female character of another show because of her Stacy appearance.
The difference between me and foids is I might still be able to withdraw my affection in a real situation despite the enormous pain it would cause me to have my one true chance at enlivening romance to be destroyed while foids would have their pick of men but might still pick the bad guy.

Be the bad guy