Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I hate arbitrary rules

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
People enforce certain arbitrary rules but not others. For example, in dating:

You should date someone your own age :yes:

You should date someone your own race :no:

You should date someone with roughly the same level of attractiveness than you :yes:

You should date someone your own wealth level :no:

It's just a bunch of arbitrary rules that come from ideologies.

Idek what arbitrary means! I see it often though. Is it a fancy word of saying "man-made"?

Idek what arbitrary means! I see it often though. Is it a fancy word of saying "man-made"?
adjective: arbitrary
  1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

adjective: arbitrary
  1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
I see, interdasting. I guess in this context, it would be "personal whim," right? But wouldn't that be tied into "any reason"?

I see, interdasting. I guess in this context, it would be "personal whim," right? But wouldn't that be tied into "any reason"?
It's basically not based on logic and reason, but on random, emotional, ideological, unfounded psychological stuff.

yeah i think about this a lot tbh. so much stuff we live with was just decided a while ago and it stuck for whatever reason

It's basically not based on logic and reason, but on random, emotional, ideological, unfounded psychological stuff.
I see. I agree that you make good points. It's absurd, to say the least.

Thank you my Middle Eastern friend.
I am actually South Asian! Pakistan is located in South Asia. :p That is why people in the UK refer to Bengalis, Indians and Pakistanis as Asians, and not the Chinese, Korean, Japanese, et cetera.

I am actually South Asian! Pakistan is located in South Asia. :p That is why people in the UK refer to Bengalis, Indians and Pakistanis as Asians, and not the Chinese, Korean, Japanese, et cetera.
Oh, sorry. I was gonna use "Arab" but I was unsure of your specific place of origin so I guessed expanding it to the whole Middle East kek. My bad.

Oh, sorry. I was gonna use "Arab" but I was unsure of your specific place of origin so I guessed expanding it to the whole Middle East kek. My bad.
That's racist!!! :soy:

JFL, it's fine, no worries. :)

Tbh, I'm not African enough to say stuff like that lol.

:feelsokman:
Ahh, you're a mestizo? I hear some crazy stuff about Brazilian women, that they cut off people's dicks? :feelsohgod:

Funnily I don't agree with any of the four tbh.

Ahh, you're a mestizo? I hear some crazy stuff about Brazilian women, that they cut off people's dicks? :feelsohgod:
Haven't you seen my DNA test? I'm 7.7% African.

I've only heard of some very rare instances of that happening, it's not something widespread, no.

date your own age is just as stupid as date your own race

So womens brain then.
No other part of the world thinks curry over rice when Asian is uttered though.