Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I feel somewhat ambivalent towards anime tbh

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
Obviously anime is an effective cope for me, however the very elements that make it a cope also serve to remind me of what I don't have, or more accurately, what I've never experienced.

While it of course depends upon the genre and overall tone of the show, in general I have a difficult time discerning whether or not the majority of stuff I've watched has made me feel momentarily happy or even more depressed. But either way it definitely makes me feel something. After having watched lets say a show with a romance plot/subplot, or maybe a show which involves a group of close friends, if it's executed in a manner that feels even remotely meaningful to me then I pretty much always feel both sad and strangely good at the same time. Not "good" in the sense that food might taste good or in having accomplished/completed something, but "good" in the same manner that crying is a cathartic release.

It's funny how watching media which gives me legitimate urges to rope also feels good at the same time. Maybe it forces me to actually remember myself, basically the opposite of escapism's intended goal. I mostly "enjoy" playing video games because I don't have to think about reality while I'm concentrated on micromanaging stuff like a partially conscious zombie, however I enjoy anime at least in pary because it gives me that aforementioned ambivalent feeling. It allows me to at least superficially understand a kind of happiness that I've never really felt before, and it ends up making me ruminate about how nice it would be to kill myself and just stop existing.

Possibly the strangest aspect of this is that western movies or tv shows can't really reproduce this feeling within me, anything about romance or friendship within them just makes me angry. I suspect it's due to a combination of seeing these things being done by real people, combined with the fact that the way these things are handled in media made for well adjusted adults simply fails to create the intended affect on a person who is perhaps a 15 y/o emotionally, and that's at best.

I honestly can’t feel one way or another about any fictional medium anymore. It’s just there and I either enjoy engaging in it or I don’t

West cannot give so much kawaii. And 3d thots cannot give too. Some look kawaii, and thats even more disgusting, as they just chad's cumdumpsters, and giving just wish to take hammer and squash their cute faces

My problem with western media is that the main cast is always portrayed by chads and stacies, that I cannot relate to at all. Its so far removed from me that the lives chads portray is alien to me.

But its different with anime, I can easily relate with a NEET shut in loser that sudden becomes important for the sake of plot, because that is basically me.

It just feels bittersweet but in a way, more enjoyable than 3D since no normfags are featured. I just try my best to rid myself of the hollow feeling I get knowing I’m using it as a mere substitute for normal social interaction

i don’t really like fiction anymore my imagination is gone i only like non fiction stuff now it’s over

cant relate, i dont like any shows

I stopped watching all fiction. I can see reality for what it is. Normies just sugarcoat it but I can't I don't have that luxury. Just LDAR till death bro.

I personally like anime alot more than reality TV shows so I can understand where this post is going.

I understand what you mean. I dropped some anime because of the feeling of never obtaining something you deeply want. For instance I dropped "Haganai I don't Have many friends" due to the anime having what I want companionship with friends whom I see often, who shares my interests and personality as well as being loyal and reaching out to me, furthermore the show having the kind of girls I'd LOVE to be with especially Sena Kashiwazaki. Oh man I'd love to be with a girl like her. But yeah that's just one example. I'm really picky when it comes to anime since anime tend to have it's annoying violence against men tropes and fanservice and harems.

Anime such as Haruhi,K-On!,Lucky Star doesn't really effect me negatively or not too much, I like an all girls anime or even if guys and girls are in it together, I prefer there be no romance. It's just suifuel. These animes I named have no romance, they're mostly slice of life,comedy,sci fi and friendship which I'm fine with for the most part. The friendship part will depress me, but not enough to get me to stop watching it, since at the same time the friendship makes me happy since I long for that.

Anyway I said my two cents. INB4THEANTIWEEBS!

I understand what you mean. I dropped some anime because of the feeling of never obtaining something you deeply want. For instance I dropped "Haganai I don't Have many friends" due to the anime having what I want companionship with friends whom I see often, who shares my interests and personality as well as being loyal and reaching out to me,
You dodged a bullet, every harem goes that route nowadays, stay clear of modern harem animes at all costs.